Memory Maker and what to do next

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
Our 5 days in the parks is coming up soon and I recently added the Memory Maker package to our vacation. We'll have a total of 6 people; DH, DW, DS9, DS8, DD4, and DMom60. It's my understanding that it will link all of our photos to the Memory Maker since they'll all in my party and friends list. When I get the Magic Bands, do I need to do anything to link the Memory Maker to the actual bands or should they already be set up? If they're supposed to be already set up, how can I verify this and verify that all of us will be included in the pictures added to the Memory Maker package?

Also, I understand that some rides will include pictures taken while you're on the ride. How do I make sure this happens? Is there something I need to do before I get on the ride or something I need to do after I get off the ride? Since there will be 6 of us and more than likely riding in 3 separate cars on the rides (since most are 2 people per seat,) do I need to scan the Magic Band before riding or after riding three times or take the Magic Band from each row of seat and scan it?

Any direction/instructions on this would be very helpful.

Our 5 days in the parks is coming up soon and I recently added the Memory Maker package to our vacation. We'll have a total of 6 people; DH, DW, DS9, DS8, DD4, and DMom60. It's my understanding that it will link all of our photos to the Memory Maker since they'll all in my party and friends list. When I get the Magic Bands, do I need to do anything to link the Memory Maker to the actual bands or should they already be set up? If they're supposed to be already set up, how can I verify this and verify that all of us will be included in the pictures added to the Memory Maker package?

Also, I understand that some rides will include pictures taken while you're on the ride. How do I make sure this happens? Is there something I need to do before I get on the ride or something I need to do after I get off the ride? Since there will be 6 of us and more than likely riding in 3 separate cars on the rides (since most are 2 people per seat,) do I need to scan the Magic Band before riding or after riding three times or take the Magic Band from each row of seat and scan it?

Any direction/instructions on this would be very helpful.

The key is as you say to make sure you are all linked in my Disney experience. You can stop and look at the pictures outside the ride, scan your band to make sure they are in your account. Not necessary on all rides but a good failsafe. I checked as we went to make sure they were getting into our account, if one didn't that was important to me rather than track down I just did it again. That's the beauty of Memory maker no limit to the number of pics.

Thanks for the link. Just a couple of follow up questions in case I missed it somewhere.

1. To confirm that all of our tickets/magic bands are linked, you mentioned that we should be listed under one log in. So when I go to the My Disney Experience app or log in to the Disney World website, I use my log in and it shows our vacation itinerary along with all of our ticket information and magic bands, etc. Is this what you're referring to when you say that as long as they're all linked to my log in? If this is correct, then whenever someone other than myself goes on a ride with photopass or takes a photopass picture say with a character, then the picture should show up for me to view and manage and download correct?
2. You mentioned that if everything is linked up correctly, I don't have to do anything before getting on a ride or after getting off a ride to get the on ride pictures or videos but you mentioned that sometimes, as a fail safe, it might be worth scanning or tapping your magic band at the end of the ride. I know you didn't quite write it like that but that's how I understood it. Am I correct in the interpretation? If not, can yo clarify?
3. Add on to the ride pictures and video question. So again, we're traveling in a party of 6 and assuming everybody to linked to my MDE login. If we all ride together, is that to say that all of our pictures taken on the ride will be downloaded to Memory Maker automatically since the system will have to recognize 6 Magic Bands as it's going through the ride? Hopefully, that question makes sense.

Thanks for the link. Just a couple of follow up questions in case I missed it somewhere.
1. To confirm that all of our tickets/magic bands are linked, you mentioned that we should be listed under one log in. So when I go to the My Disney Experience app or log in to the Disney World website, I use my log in and it shows our vacation itinerary along with all of our ticket information and magic bands, etc. Is this what you're referring to when you say that as long as they're all linked to my log in? If this is correct, then whenever someone other than myself goes on a ride with photopass or takes a photopass picture say with a character, then the picture should show up for me to view and manage and download correct?

If you setup the trip using 1 account on the website and put in everyone traveling with you on the same acccount (this is mde or "my disney experience"). then your all done. If your group has several mde accounts, then you want to go into the friends and family section and link the accounts together. It's very simple, just adding someone, put in their email, they will accept (or reject) the invitation and then you get linked if they accepted. 90% of people visiting, especially if first time only have 1 mde account so if this sounds foreign and the rest of your vacation is setup and ready you are good as long as you see everyone in friends and family on the website/app.

2. You mentioned that if everything is linked up correctly, I don't have to do anything before getting on a ride or after getting off a ride to get the on ride pictures or videos but you mentioned that sometimes, as a fail safe, it might be worth scanning or tapping your magic band at the end of the ride. I know you didn't quite write it like that but that's how I understood it. Am I correct in the interpretation? If not, can yo clarify?

There is a picture in the url that is several screens with the mickey circle below it. This is exactly what they look like and that example is the screens at the end of rock and roller coaster. One (or more, you have a larger group) will show your picture of the ride, just tap your band to the mickey. The reason I say it'll make more sense when you see is it because you'll have used the band to know what the mickey circle is for to get into the park and see yourself on the screen to know it's yours to claim.

3. Add on to the ride pictures and video question. So again, we're traveling in a party of 6 and assuming everybody to linked to my MDE login. If we all ride together, is that to say that all of our pictures taken on the ride will be downloaded to Memory Maker automatically since the system will have to recognize 6 Magic Bands as it's going through the ride? Hopefully, that question makes sense.

Yes, the ride will use your magicbands to put the picture(s) in your photopass accounts. Memory Maker is only used when you transfer a copy of that photo from disney to your computer/phone/etc. You under the basics though, and it'll make 1000 times more sense when you do it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter