Memorial Day Crowds

mom2rose&john

DIS Veteran
My friend and her family were in Disney over Columbus Day and the crowds were very heavy. The standby wait time was insane for her. We were thinking of going over Memorial Day weekend but really aren't locked into those days. Typically are crowds insanely busy during that holiday? TIA.

I was there in 2017 when Pandora opened over Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed the week leading up to it and left on Saturday. Now, I know that the opening of Pandora made the situation worse so feel free to take this with a grain of salt...but OMG it was SO FREAKING BUSY!!!!!! I'm talking we waited 35 minutes just to get on the train near Splash Mountain because every other ride in the park was 90+ minutes. The week started out a little heavy but as we got closer to the weekend it was an absolute nightmare. We saw so many people wearing first time buttons and I just wanted to tell them that it's not always that insane LOL! Obviously I can't compare it to a "normal" Memorial Day Weekend but that experience has made me steer clear of the holiday going forward. No matter what the crowds are definitely going to be elevated as many people want to travel over a 3-day weekend to miss one less day of work/school.

We have been around Memorial day, usually the weekend and then the week following following, not the week before, twice, in 2016 and 2017. I would say it was not as busy as the time we went when it was President's day/Mardi Gras combined, but definitely on the heavier crowd side, particularly the weekend and Monday, lightened up for us Tuesday through Friday after. I have heard from many friends the week before is worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter