Mears Connect Experience

I don't think 3 hours is enough time. MCO wants it timed so passengers should be at the airport 2 hours before departure. DME used 3 hour, 30-40 minutes to drive and 20 minutes to pick up at the resorts.

Some Disney guests used RAC to check luggage, Mears will have to handle all luggage. Disney tried to limit buses to 3 or 4 resorts. Mears seems could be double that.
Could be but that would mean having people on the bus for an hour and a half prior to heading to the airport. It's not worth it.
This is from their website:

For Standard service, your return transportation will be scheduled to meet you, at your resort, up to three hours in advance of your domestic flight’s departure time or up to four hours of your international flight's departure time

If not accurate, they should change it.

Nope. Still no response. If your pick up is tomorrow, did you get your 24 hour pick up time sent to you? Is it still 4 hours?
I finally got someone on the phone and she agreed the time was wrong and said she would send to her supervisor and they would correct ASAP. Got a new email and QR code so now I have a pick up that's 3 hours and 20 minutes before my domestic flight. I'm just going with it at this point.

Last edited:
I finally got someone on the phone and she agreed the time was wrong and said she would send to her supervisor and they would correct ASAP. Got a new email and QR code so now I have a pick up that's 3 hours and 20 minutes before my domestic flight. I'm just going with it at this point.
Good you were able to get it moved a little. I was on hold for a long time tonight so I am going to call again in the morning if I still don't get a response to my email. Have a nice flight!

I always tipped on DME and will continue to do so on MC. My bags are small, so I usually tip a dollar a bag. I go to the bank before each visit and get a bunch of one's and five's. The five's are for the Bell Services delivering and picking up my bags.
I find that having a stash of two dollar bills comes in handy, when traveling, in addition to having singles & fives. Having the $2.00 bills means fewer singles are needed, cutting down on bulk in my wallet.

I agree with the tipping formula, if the driver handles my bags.

How do you get your airlines boarding passes?
I think most people get their BPs on their phone. You can print (or reprint) your BPs at a kiosk at MCO. In the past the front desk would also print your BPs, not sure if they still will.

Don't be so quick to "correct" or "criticize" a 4 hour in advance pickup to return to the airport for a domestic flight. There might be temporary pecularities on specific days that Mears knows about but you don't know about yet that might impact travel times. Also if the sweet spot bus fills up when they are assigning guests, you may get an earlier bus time.

Don't be so quick to "correct" or "criticize" a 4 hour in advance pickup to return to the airport for a domestic flight. There might be temporary pecularities on specific days that Mears knows about but you don't know about yet that might impact travel times. Also if the sweet spot bus fills up when they are assigning guests, you may get an earlier bus time.
I don't think that is likely.

The airport website is still suggesting arriving 3 hours prior to departure.

At least some of the guests with issues are DME guests. Allegedly Disney isn't giving the correct information to Mears

At least some of the guests with issues are DME guests. Allegedly Disney isn't giving the correct information to Mears
I wouldn't be shocked by that but Mears also ran DME so one would hope they would have that already figured out. I guess not.

I wouldn't be shocked by that but Mears also ran DME so one would hope they would have that already figured out. I guess not.
The claim is Disney failed to notify Mears regarding DME pickups. An issue if Mears connect didn't have a pick up scheduled. Today is the last day of DME to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter