• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE down for anyone else?

When we were going on the safari this afternoon (with a FP) I asked what return time they were currently passing out. At 1:30 they were passing out cards with a 3:35 return time.

What do you mean by them passing out cards for return times? Is this similar to the SB+ they have been doing at A&E and Soarin', or something else?

As I was typing it, it got stuck in my head.
Glad I could share the earworm!

Back when Disney owned ABC or vise versa, a local radio station had a bit about ear worms. So I called up and played a CD recording of "It's a Small World After all..." :lmao: The host could only say, "Thaaaaaannnkksss...." :lmao:

I have been up for over a week trying to organize and book everything. Printed out and even took screen shots, but if I lose all my fast passes I don't know what I'm going to do. This system is idiotic too much advance planning no spontaneity left when you could just go to the park and plan out your day according-ling. Having to change plans around cause when you are finally able to book your fast passes times don't work with schedule. Popular fast plus attractions not available or your dining that you booked 180 days in advance doesn't coincide with your fast pass plus. I say get rid of fast passes all together go back to extra magic hours in the morning only, and if you want to ride you just have to wait your turn It use to work in the pass I don't see why its a problem now.

dis-agree. I would hate extra magic morning hours. Thats not fair to people with kids who will be super cranky if they don't get to sleep in. I can't "make" them go to bed 2 hours early not at 5 years old.

I am another IT person, and when you are on a forum and everyone is posting the site is down and reservations are missing the LAST thing anyone should do is go login and try to look at stuff. The best course of action is to NOT login until you hear its backup. I am now seeing more of the issues everyone keeps talking about (via this forum only, I have not logged into MDE I have no reason to need to this week) and now I understand simply from reading here all the frustration but I think all the people "logging in to check" are just causing more of a problem. I wish Disney would just pull MDE down during that time and say its down for maintenance, even twitter does that sometimes. It would keep everyone on here from logging in and freaking out when they see nothing.

After reading this thread, I logged in to MDE and printed off all of my confirmation ADRs and room reservations, as well as, a copy of all of our FP+ reservations.

I have become too dependent on technology lately. Now I have a hard copy. Whew.

With two other families traveling with me (one that has never been to WDW) it would be a disaster to loose all of my planning in the last 45 days! FP+ can be replaced...not my ADRs. I've had those suckers booked since 180.

Back when A&E first opened with FP + they would not accept screen shot or printout as proof. Blogger Ricky Brigante had a heck of a time trying to see them. I don't know if the policy has changed, but it's my understanding you would need to pull it up on MDE as proof.

What do you mean by them passing out cards for return times? Is this similar to the SB+ they have been doing at A&E and Soarin', or something else?

Kiosks were closed during the down time. Paper FP were used for new FP reservations.

dis-agree. I would hate extra magic morning hours. Thats not fair to people with kids who will be super cranky if they don't get to sleep in. I can't "make" them go to bed 2 hours early not at 5 years old.

I am another IT person, and when you are on a forum and everyone is posting the site is down and reservations are missing the LAST thing anyone should do is go login and try to look at stuff. The best course of action is to NOT login until you hear its backup. I am now seeing more of the issues everyone keeps talking about (via this forum only, I have not logged into MDE I have no reason to need to this week) and now I understand simply from reading here all the frustration but I think all the people "logging in to check" are just causing more of a problem. I wish Disney would just pull MDE down during that time and say its down for maintenance, even twitter does that sometimes. It would keep everyone on here from logging in and freaking out when they see nothing.

I agree with all of your post except "say it's down for maintenance." Disney has a history of not being honest about the reason for things they do, and I wish they wouldn't be that way. When they are down for maintenance, fine (and announce the times in advance), but if it is broken, tell the truth! Dream on...

I think people panic because of all the hours of planning they did. The thought of losing those "hard to get" fast passes, dinner reservations, meet and greet times etc. is sort of terrifying. Especially since there have been a few folks on this board who have reported losing things and Disney basically saying, "nothing we can do, have a nice day!"

I don't suppose it hurts to have your print-outs of FP+ although I would think three a day per individual, plus all the other print-outs would add up, especially for someone like me who tries to have as little extras on me as possible in the parks. But, especially after yesterday, I've heard FP+ print-outs mean nothing to CMs. Twitter folks made that clear. It kinda makes sense because if you look at them, there's absolutely no confirmation number or anything. It would easy to go make up fake ones. Submission to the system is all encompassing.

MDE was working just now for me. Reservations, tickets, and ADRs all there. It's too early to do FP+ for us.

How is it working for everyone else? What about those in the parks right now?

mediadiva said:

I'm sorry you feel this way but I have been going to Disney for over 20 years and it's my opinion that the system was better with magic hours in the morning. And it is your choice to let your 5 year old sleep in and then be out all night

MDE was working just now for me. Reservations, tickets, and ADRs all there. It's too early to do FP+ for us.

How is it working for everyone else? What about those in the parks right now?

I can't even log in.:mad:

Somehow I think this portion of the system will never go down! :lmao:

Pic of FP distribution (from WDWNT):

BuDTAwRIMAAE3HF.jpg:large
Boy, I can feel the happiness just oozing from the CM's! IMO, FP+ is an absolute failure.

I feel so sorry for all the CMs that have to deal with all of these glitches. :confused3

Agree with previous post, the cms are great.

Well when my mde came back up my SDMT for tomorrow is down from a party of 3 to a party of two. It's the only time I could get, and timing is dicey as my husband has an interview soon after that.

Sorted of related, just had lunch in Chefs in EPCOT.
Magic band wouldn't work, they said the system was down all through the park.
Couldn't access my dining plan , I'd stupidly left my credit card in the room so had to pay cash. Told me to go and see my resort to get a refund. That should be fun.

Sorted of related, just had lunch in Chefs in EPCOT.
Magic band wouldn't work, they said the system was down all through the park.
Couldn't access my ring plan , I'd stupidly left my credit card in the room so had to pay cash. Told me to go and see my resort to get a refund. That should be fun.

The system is down again? Is FP working?

I just tried to bring up my itinerary to put a reminder in for the next to last day of my upcoming vacation a couple months from now, and it said it could not do it. So MDE still down...:sad2:

I just tried to bring up my itinerary to put a reminder in for the next to last day of my upcoming vacation a couple months from now, and it said it could not do it. So MDE still down...:sad2:
up for me I see all my reservations..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter