May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I order some Euros yesterday at Bank Of America and paid 1.38. They said it would take a "few" business days but they called today to say they were in ! Guess I will also pick up some travelers checks to cash onboard.

Tonight we picked up a few more items----and yes---sunscreen 50 !

Don't want to think about "those" people in my cabin tonight-----just can't wait to unpack in "MY" cabin next week :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I had a nightmare yesterday that I forgot to pack 90% of the stuff I need!!! :scared1:

I can NOT believe that I will be leaving a week from tomorrow....soooo not ready....this weekend is going to be crunch time for me!

Lastly, we would like to join the group at the fountains as long as we are awake!

DD1 has last final tomorrow and lucky for me the college is on the way home from my case, saves me about 3 hours on the road. DD2 doesn't finish until wednesday, poor thing, lucky her college is here in town so only 20 minute drive. Will be different having them home but i really did miss them, first year hard to let them go.

DD1 has last final tomorrow and lucky for me the college is on the way home from my case, saves me about 3 hours on the road. DD2 doesn't finish until wednesday, poor thing, lucky her college is here in town so only 20 minute drive. Will be different having them home but i really did miss them, first year hard to let them go.

I had my hands on final last night and my theory final tomorrow night. I'm so ready to be done!

Jill

for wachovia it was 15 dollars...but if you need alot (1000 USD or more) they waive the fee for online orders

we did it at the branch since we were there anyway...

i figured there is pretty much a fee anyway you look and at least the rate is better than someplaces...it was todays rate so no idea what it will be tomorrow....

hopefully i will have enough and not have to worry about it

We got 500 Euros from Sun Trust Bank. It was a good exchange rate but their fee was outrageous. My husband thought it would be a worse rate at the airport ATM and we will need Euros for the taxi.

It is so neat to check in on our thread and everyone is so excited. There is a lot of "pixie dust" flying around - that is what I love about Disney Cruises. They are just magical. Welcome to all the new cruisers. We are a big group compared to some of the other sailings.

We will be at the Fountains also - either 2,3, or 4 of us. Not sure who will be functioning but 2 for sure! Can't wait to put faces with real people.:cool1::cool1:

I got some euros just *before* they started dropping. I did confirm that Capital One has no fees if you use their cards internationally, so I'll be using that one for everything but my onboard account.

Sayhello[/QUOTE

We are also going to use the Captal One card off the ship since they don't charge fees. We'll use it at the ATM's also and withdraw as needed so as not to carry around too much cash. They won't charge me the cash advance fee so it will be cheaper than exchanging.
This time next week we'll be on a plane to Barcelona. :banana: Nancy

I got my euros at AAA. It was a decent rate when I got them a week & a half ago (1.41) but, as a AAA member, there was no fee. So that kind of evens it out...

Sayhello

Welcome to all of the new vacation pals!!! Can you tell by the number of posts per day that we're excited about the 15th?

We'll meet by the fountain a week from Friday if we're still energized & BA doesn't complicate our lives.

We picked up our Euro's today at a 1.38 exchange rate. I know we'll want another $500 - anyone know of a bank or ATM close to the port in Malta?

Jeff,

I just realized that I never PMd you about getting lanyards for our group.
Any chance that it is not too late?

We are Cameron (42) Kim (41) Deven (18) and Kelsey (17)

Thanks so much for your incredible efforts on all of our behalf.
You are a huge blessing to us all.

Thanks,
Kim:)

Well, Cinco de Mayo is now over. It was great to have Margaritas/Mexican food with our kids tonight. I turned 65 today and was really dreading it - figuring out all the Medicare options has really been a pain BUT hubby made it better - he gave me two spa appointments for massages on our cruise. There is nothing better than having a massage as the Disney Magic plows through the water. :cool1::cool1:

Jeff,

I just realized that I never PMd you about getting lanyards for our group.
Any chance that it is not too late?

We are Cameron (42) Kim (41) Deven (18) and Kelsey (17)

Thanks so much for your incredible efforts on all of our behalf.
You are a huge blessing to us all.

Thanks,
Kim:)

We too would like to request our lanyards/nametags if it is not too late. We are Bruce, Tracy and Hunter :rockband:

Thought it might be a good idea to get a list of people that might be meeting at the Magic Fountain in Barcelona on May 14th.

If you are planning on meeting just send me a PM. If you also staying at the Eurostar Grand Marina we will be meeting at 7:30 PM in the lobby. Just make a note of it in the PM.

Sayhello (Eurostar)
Jeff Spencer
tripodjw(Eurostar)
Pixiedust519
BTH - Marriott Airport

We would love to do this but we will be arriving at the airport that evening and are not really sure what time we would get in. What time are you all planning on going there? We may have to wait to do this when we return from the cruise.

BTH

Brilliant thanks:banana: Was beginning to panic then....thinking i had to invest in a whole new wardrobe before next week:scared1:

I thought I had read somewhere that jeans were not permitted and went out and bought the boys more dress pants. I'm glad to hear that they can wear jeans. That will give them a lot more options. :goodvibes

Hi guys

i have started a part 2 thread.

I figured we were getting so carried away that we should make sure we had the opportunity to start the new thread AND let everyone know - rather than it getting closed automatically with no new thread available.

It can be found here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2460433

Add it to your subscriptions...

And there's a fun game to play in it too - with prize!

. I did confirm that Capital One has no fees if you use their cards internationally

Watch out for the fees that the foreign ATM itself charges though. I've been in countries where they charge as high as 1.1% (assuming you're taking out the maximum amount). In Barcelona, it seems that most of the ATMs charge no fees, but I did see one that wanted to charge 3 euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter