May 2nd, 2023 - DVC The Villas @ Disneyland Hotel

I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so torn. We are east coasters with 360 points in Florida (blt and akv) but I love Disneyland and after staying at the gc on abd last fall I'm ruined for harbor drive hotels. I was hoping they would let me buy a bit less than 50, but no go on that right now.

Buying this month would put me over the top of next year's a list and companion pass though...

We pre-planned this and opened up 4 new credit cards to pay with. The purchase of 60 points was split unevenly between them with no issues.

CC BONUSES:

+50k AA miles
+75k AA miles
+65k Delta miles
+5 x 50k Marriot Certs

Chase posted as TRAVEL while AMEX has not. Citi and Barclays have not posted a designation yet.
any update if Citi has coded your purchase as travel? I'm planning on using Costco Citi Visa (3% on eligible travel).

Speaking of Disney/ DVC IT - anyone else have their VDH UY disappear from their online booking page on the DVC website? I just noticed last night and it seems like still today I can’t select my DEC UY for checking inventory or booking.

Speaking of Disney/ DVC IT - anyone else have their VDH UY disappear from their online booking page on the DVC website? I just noticed last night and it seems like still today I can’t select my DEC UY for checking inventory or booking.
I know a few others who are having that same problem :( The points show on their dashboard but when they go to search for nights the UY doesn't show in the dropdown menu

Is there a minimum number of points for the 22pp magical beginnings buy back offer?

West coaster here! Waffled back and forth, did lots of spreadsheets and ended up pulling the trigger today on 160 points, split between two contracts. They were able to confirm that I could still get Magical Beginnings even by splitting the two since I was buying the points at the same time, so the math was less off-putting, even considering the TOT.

My guide indicated it could be a bit before I see contracts as they've had a huge amount of interest. I tried to see if he would tell me how many contracts have been executed so far but he said Disney won't let them share that. I'm excited to be part of the initial buy-in group!

West coaster here! Waffled back and forth, did lots of spreadsheets and ended up pulling the trigger today on 160 points, split between two contracts. They were able to confirm that I could still get Magical Beginnings even by splitting the two since I was buying the points at the same time, so the math was less off-putting, even considering the TOT.

My guide indicated it could be a bit before I see contracts as they've had a huge amount of interest. I tried to see if he would tell me how many contracts have been executed so far but he said Disney won't let them share that. I'm excited to be part of the initial buy-in group!
Congrats, first of all! If you split the 160 points between 2 contracts, do you still get the $20 pp incentive?

I have no will power. I said I wouldn't do it after pulling the trigger on the AKL deal this weekend...but after incentives, Magical Beginnings and military developer credit, I did four 50 point contracts at $183.25 PP. I am done. I don't need any more points!!
what was the military credit? Can’t find any info about the actual discount on the DVC website and wasn’t sure if it’s worth the hoops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter