May 27th, 2016 3 day Dream Cruise

sep1180

Mouseketeer
This thread is created for anybody already booked or thinking of booking the May 27th 2016 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise :beach:

We will be sailing with you! Doing our first back to back on the 23rd then the 27th!

Fantastic! This is our first cruise EVER! Really excited!!! We are also staying at the CR for 5 days following the cruise. I'm hoping it won't be too busy since a lot of schools aren't out yet for summer break.

We have been in the parks that time of the year, it's not as busy as the middle of summer. Just prepare yourself for the heat and the afternoon thunderstorms!

We are currently booked on this cruise, too. We originally booked it planning on staying for a few days to do Star Wars character meals afterwards. There are rumors those meals won't happen now. I have 2 weeks to book airfare when Southwest opens its schedule. We are now leaning towards just flying home afterwards. If they do have a meal, maybe we can squeeze it in after the cruise and before our flight that afternoon.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, 1st on the Dream. This will also be a surprise cruise for the kids. Their last day of school is Thursday and we will pick them up and head to the airport. Most excited to see the different shows, as our first 2 cruises (one hasn't even happened yet) were on the Fantasy.

We are booked for this cruise! This will be our second time on the Disney Dream, we last sailed in May 2013. Super excited!

We are also booked for this cruise. Like Bobster, this is our second sailing on the Disney Dream (1st was also May 2013), and we are looking forward to another amazing trip!

This is our first cruise and we are really excited. I would like to participate in the fish extender process. Any tips about the crusie and how to sign up for the fish extender/gift giving would be greatly apprecaiated.

We decided to not take this cruise anymore. Rescheduled for a Halloween cruise. Hope you all have a magical cruise!

Hi, everyone! I and my husband, Howard (username: keenho) just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be our second time on the Dream (we are on the 2/19/16 Dream 3-night) and our 10th DCL cruise. We booked it as a quick weekend getaway with an eye towards being "Platinum" Castaway Club members for our Transatlantic in September.

Looking forward to getting to know you before we embark. :)

Hi, everyone! I and my husband, Howard (username: keenho) just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be our second time on the Dream (we are on the 2/19/16 Dream 3-night) and our 10th DCL cruise. We booked it as a quick weekend getaway with an eye towards being "Platinum" Castaway Club members for our Transatlantic in September.

Looking forward to getting to know you before we embark. :)

Congrats! We are super excited about this cruise! It's our first cruise EVER on ANY cruise!! We are also staying 5 days at the Poly after we get back to land...can.not.wait!!

Going on this cruise with Grandma and my two kiddos while my husband is deployed! Our second Disney cruise, but that was 10 years ago. We are interested in the whole FE thing, but nothing too crazy - it is a 3 night cruise after all! Just small stuff - something for the kids to get excited about. Hoping some others cabins may be interested!

This is our first cruise and we are really excited. I would like to participate in the fish extender process. Any tips about the crusie and how to sign up for the fish extender/gift giving would be greatly apprecaiated.

Going on this cruise with Grandma and my two kiddos while my husband is deployed! Our second Disney cruise, but that was 10 years ago. We are interested in the whole FE thing, but nothing too crazy - it is a 3 night cruise after all! Just small stuff - something for the kids to get excited about. Hoping some others cabins may be interested!
It appears that no one has started a Fish Extender group here for your Cruise Meet group.

If anyone is interested in starting it, I've got a little write up on "how to":
Setting up FE group

There really are no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about"anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped"at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count.http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

Hi everyone! :wave2: DH and I are booked for this cruise. This will be our 15th Disney Cruise!

We're excited to be cruising the Dream in May! This will be our second cruise...although our first was 13 years and 2 kids ago....how time flies! We would love to participate in the fish extender. If no one else is able to organize, I'll volunteer to do it.

Does anybody plan to book excursions? With it being only 3 days, I question if we should bother at all...was thinking loosely of doing the Atlantis half day.

Does anybody plan to book excursions? With it being only 3 days, I question if we should bother at all...was thinking loosely of doing the Atlantis half day.

Not us. We will probably stay on the ship and relax. We've explored Atlantis on previous cruises though.

Not us. We will probably stay on the ship and relax. We've explored Atlantis on previous cruises though.

I think we might do the same...there just isn't enough time. I really want to explore the boat more than anything! There is always another time for the Atlantis...next cruise perhaps? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter