• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

Are you looking for an Inn room or Villa?

Disregard that question.. I just looked up those dates in our system and I show plenty of availability in most room categories at the Inn and Villas except for concierge. It could be the website, but if you want to book I'd recommend calling it the site is still acting up
Thanks! We are looking for the Inn. Nothing available according to the website. But we normally wait for a discount anyway. Booked our flights last night so we were checking availability. Thanks again for your insight!

Thanks! We are looking for the Inn. Nothing available according to the website. But we normally wait for a discount anyway. Booked our flights last night so we were checking availability. Thanks again for your insight!

The plot thickens.... It looks like everything is back on-line and the only BW availability I see is BW Villas for those dates, which is weird because other deluxe accommodations are wide open... Could be a convention perhaps or a block out for some reason... 1 Bedroom Villa and Deluxe Studio are the only thing I see right now for those dates at Boardwalk, but more may open once offers are released.

On the plus side at Beach Club and Yacht Club most room categories are available if you were looking for an Epcot resort.

My Mother's Day gift next year is to hit the road and head to Disney! We were supposed to go this past July but that trip had to be cancelled at the last minute so I feel like I have been counting down forever! Oh & my "kids" (21 & 16) have no idea we are even going yet. Not telling them till Easter. Keeping my mouth shut is really hard.
Going value this time because our trip is piggy backed with a trip to visit family on the coast & we need more money for week #2.
This time next week I should have my ADRs booked!! :woohoo:

New to this thread and looking at dates over Memorial day weekend. I haven't read through the pages yet. Do you think Disney will run a 24 hour event again in 2016?

New to this thread and looking at dates over Memorial day weekend. I haven't read through the pages yet. Do you think Disney will run a 24 hour event again in 2016?

Nothing has been communicated internally, but the last 2 years have been late May.The 24 hour event for RYDS was 5/23 and CSE was 5/22. I'm keeping an eye on it as well, because I promised my DW we would go this year on an overnight trip.

We are staying at the pop for 6 nights 7 days! Our first time at the pop we always done moderate or AOA but we got an awesome deal with the code and we showed the kiddos YouTube videos of the place and they love it and I like that the food court opened late.

We have booked
Whispering Canyon for our first night
Chef Mickey for breakfast
CRT breakfast
Crystal Palace Dinner
Ohana Breakfast
Cape May Dinner
Teppan Eddo

Anyone ever stay at pop? Which building is close to the bridge to aoa

We are staying at the pop for 6 nights 7 days! Our first time at the pop we always done moderate or AOA but we got an awesome deal with the code and we showed the kiddos YouTube videos of the place and they love it and I like that the food court opened late.

We have booked
Whispering Canyon for our first night
Chef Mickey for breakfast
CRT breakfast
Crystal Palace Dinner
Ohana Breakfast
Cape May Dinner
Teppan Eddo

Anyone ever stay at pop? Which building is close to the bridge to aoa

You will want to request a room in the 60s building, either building 4 or 5. You can call reservations and have that note put on your booking.

We enjoy Coral Reef because of the theming and the great aquarium view, but it's a pretty decent seafood restaurant food wise. Some would say the quality isn't what it used to be, and I would be inclined to agree. If you want the best on property then try Narcoosee.

We will be at WDW May 14-20. We're not sure yet whether we are staying at PC or CBR. Decisions... Decisions... My daughter called the other day to see if we had a code attached to our name. Of course not! We never get a code. :( So I guess we will wait till they bring the discounts out for Spring. Then we can decide where we are staying. Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation!!

Up at 5:45AM - by 6:01 I started making ADRs and by 6:20 I had all 6 secured! :woohoo:
Not sure if all mine were moved 5 minutes later because I looked for 5 guests but that's not an issue for us at all. I totally meant to search for 6 because I've heard the availability is better but hey it's early and I didn't want to hit the back button and screw things up. Surprisingly the only one I had to do that for to secure a table was the Plaza for dinner on 5/11 - weird huh? That's actually just a place holder so we can hopefully can secure a dinner ADR for Skipper Canteen. I'll call dining later and downsize it.
Good luck to everyone else in May getting their ADRs!!:cheer2:

It's a holiday so I can go back to bed but I'm too excited now:jumping3:.

Is anybody staying in the CR Garden Wing during their May trip? I'm curious to know what your rate was compared to what I was quoted. Also, if you have been before during this time, what are the odds of a discount being offered for this particular room?

Just booked AOA for May 8-17.
1. Hoping for some kind of offer for that week. Crowd calendar is low so I'm thinking that's a good sign.
2. VERY nervous about AoA. We have always stayed in moderates and while AoA is the typical value resort, I just don't want to be disappointed. We are in a little mermaid room, only because I couldn't justify the extra cost of a suite for the 4 of us and have seen reports of the walk to the main building is long.
3. Booked my ADRs yesterday and literally got everything I wanted. BOG for dinner, Ohana for breakfast at 9:00, Cinderellas table for dinner at 5:30. I noticed so many other "impossible" reservations were available too and for multiple times/days.

Is anybody staying in the CR Garden Wing during their May trip? I'm curious to know what your rate was compared to what I was quoted. Also, if you have been before during this time, what are the odds of a discount being offered for this particular room?
We actually just changed our reservation and are now booked at CR in the Garden Wing. We are super excited!

Do you mind sharing your rate? We have 5 days with dining for $4500
My family of 6 (3 kids, 1 infant), 6 nights, 7 day base tickets, dining plan in a CR garden room is $5,916. I'm counting on this (crossing my fingers) to drop somewhere around $5,100 with a 30% room promo.

We decided to stay off property...it's just not in our budget to do another $5k trip. Getting a $79 a night condo at Windsor Hills. We are driving. I know I'll have to pay parking at the parks. There are 5 of us, so there isn't a cheaper onsite option. But it's fine, my husband really wants to try it out anyway to compare what works best for us anyway. I am getting discounted tix with waterpark option through tickets at work, through my MIL. It will save us about $300 on tix! I need to find my restaurant itinerary that my kids misplaced, bc it's only 1 week before I can make ADR's! Since we are trying to stick to a low cost trip, I think I'm going to pick 3 TS/character meals, and everything else will be QS. Chef Mickey's is our #1 must do. Tusker House character meal is one I'm dying to try, and I think my kids would like CP also. There are so many QS I want to try also!!

The only thing I'm nervous about is not being able to book my fastpasses as early. But again, it's okay, we will make it work! I'm sure we will end up just fine, it's not like we're going to have a BAD time. lol

Man, I hope the rates are released soon for May...If there isn't a deal when we go I'm really considering switching from CSR to AoA or Pop. I can make my ADRs in 5 days and would so love to have all of it all neatly tied up until FP+ time.

Nothing has been communicated internally, but the last 2 years have been late May.The 24 hour event for RYDS was 5/23 and CSE was 5/22. I'm keeping an eye on it as well, because I promised my DW we would go this year on an overnight trip.

I see your weight loss ticker and congrats!! I just signed back into my fitness pal app after trying WW for a year. 42.95 per month got to be steep and I wasn't losing the weight like I wanted, even after following the plan. Less stress doing Fitness Pal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter