• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

Same here, 3rd till 10th, so we should be able to get one towards the end of the stay I think!
It will definitely be the first one to try to get as soon as the FP window opens.

~Cari~ pluto:

Question about weather I visited once in July and August and then December and October for Halloween. How is May?
I'm leaning towards may for Star Wars weekends for my son and for the frozen for my daughter and it seems like a good low crowd time.
My kids want to take a day or two off just for relaxing and swimming.

We did 28th April into May this year.

By the time we left, it was basically Summer temperatures and humidity during the middle of the day.

That said, in 2013, it did last 2 weeks of April, and it was alot wetter and cooler.

I had already booked the Early 2016 deal, which gave me 15% off my Pop Century room w/park tickets. Then I got the pin offer in the mail. I called in and they gave me an addtl $40.80 off. Can anyone explain this to me? I know the pin offer mentioned cannot be combined with other offers. Would I have been better off cancelling my existing reservation and applying the pin offer to a new reservation? I know the offer also mentioned that 30% off was for higher resorts, so maybe I am getting max discount for Pop? Should I call Disney and ask them more about the $80.40. It just seemed so odd. Someone told me this is with tax included, but I would still like to know how much of a break I am getting. The castmember I spoke with mentioned that this was the max 20% off for value room. I have found that a lot depends on who you talk to. One Disney person may say one thing and then you talk to someone else and get a different response. Can't think of an example at the moment, but I know this can be the case. Just wondering what best way to apply this pin code is. Especially since we do not travel till March. Wish I could just apply the pin online and play around with choices. Not sure if that can be done. Thanks for any help. Just trying to max my pin code offer instead of only getting the addtl $40.80 off.

We're going in May 2016 as well. The ASMovies rooms are booked 5/14-5/29 while we wait for confirmation of SWW dates. Fingers crossed that Soarin's remodel is finished early!

The last time we went was late April/early May 2014. It was unseasonably warm throughout and quite thunderstorm-y towards the end, but we still had an awesome time. The crowds weren't too bad and I felt like we got to ride everything we wanted except for Splash Mountain (it just never worked out with the weather). We rode Star Tours 11 times!

I really want to stay on site, we dont want to do AOA LM room again, and there isnt any discounts with the standard room, I did get a pin code and moderate is around 150 a night with the code, but we already have tickets, I only need to buy 2 more for my kids. So I called about ticketless dining, and staying offsite im saving a ton of money! Plus we are doing one day at universal for the first time. Im so confused on what to do. May 8-14 is our dates, I was thinking switching to first week of June the day after my kids get out of school. But, not sure about the weather and crowds.

Got your dining choices ironed out? I just enjoyed my reservation day on the 31st.

It's funny it was 6 months yesterday. But 180 days is tomorrow. The plan is written down and the ADRs in the order to be booked on Thursday :)

Hey there gang, we had to move a January trip to May because my wife was accepted into her Masters program. Heading up on 5/8 - 5/14 with Deluxe Dining.

Welcome!

Where are you staying?

Tentatively at PO:FQ until I see what the discounts are like for Cast Members at deluxe resorts. Hoping for a theme park facing tower room at Contemporary though. Fingers crossed.

Anybody know why Boardwalk would be showing no availability May 7-14?
Are you looking for an Inn room or Villa?

Disregard that question.. I just looked up those dates in our system and I show plenty of availability in most room categories at the Inn and Villas except for concierge. It could be the website, but if you want to book I'd recommend calling it the site is still acting up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter