May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

We are going May 20-26 of 2016 for our 45th wedding anniversary. taking our children and grandchildren. I am hoping for a very magical trip! There will be 16 of us.

BTMRR now offically listed as an upcoming refurb by Disney at the ride's own page. Closing April 4th and reopening in July.
:sad:

Between waiting for the Frozen announcement, the Rivers of Light announcement, definitive news about when Soarin' will be done, and info about (hopefully) ADRs for Tiffins and Skipper Canteen, my late May trip has been tricky to plan this time! I guess I shouldn't complain, though. New stuff is good!

Between waiting for the Frozen announcement, the Rivers of Light announcement, definitive news about when Soarin' will be done, and info about (hopefully) ADRs for Tiffins and Skipper Canteen, my late May trip has been tricky to plan this time! I guess I shouldn't complain, though. New stuff is good!

Completely agree!! Worst trip so far to plan for...Plus I just noticed several days worth of hours changed recently - which is great because they extended out but I wish I would have planned better for that when I booked my adr's. By looking at the new hours I almost have to wonder if the 24hr party isn't coming back on May 28th this year.

All ears had the frozen ride listed to open early May, can't remember that date off hand but that first week sometime. Not that I'll ever get a fast pass as an off site guest! I'll sure be trying though!!! Lol I'm sad that soarin & BTMRR will be closed. But also thankful that TSM is open while adding another track. I would seriously consider changing dates if it wasn't open either.

When the frozen ride does open is it going to okay for someone 3 yrs or 5yrs?

Obviously I haven't seen the new ride, but we took our kids on the Malestrom (which is the ride Frozen is replacing) at those ages without any issue. So I think you would be fine.

Just booked the poly for the first week in May. This is our fourth time going that week and I am excited for good weather and manageable crowds! :tink:

We normally go in September, but we're going to try May this 2016. Very excited for the Flower and Garden Festival. Has anyone been to the Festival in May?
We are going in May also
Our first timr for Flower and Garden Looking forward to it

I believe Frozen is supposed to be a family ride, so I would say, young children will be able to ride it!

Last year, we were at Epcot just 2 days after F&G ended. We still got to see all the topiaries, got our family photo pass in front of the official F&G sign, all of that. I'm not sure what else F&G entails outside of that, but I was happy with the scenery. Lol

We are going the first week of May also; and it will be our first time at Flower & Garden. I'm looking forward to it.

STILL RUMOR, BUT...

Looks like the BTMR refurb MIGHT HAVE BEEN moved to summer! On the WDW site, it now shows hours available for our trip in May, where it has previously said the ride would be unavailable during those dates. It's still showing up on some sites and has been removed from others. My FP+ window opens on Tuesday, so we'll see if I can schedule it. But I am cautiously optimistic at this point that they've pushed it back and it might be open for our trip!

Last edited:
Looks like the BTMR refurb has been moved to summer! On the WDW site, it now shows hours available for our trip in May, where it has said the ride would be unavailable during those dates. It's still showing up on some sites and has been removed from others. My FP+ window opens on Tuesday, so we'll see if I can schedule it. But I am cautiously optimistic at this point that they've pushed it back and it might be open for our trip!

Have you actually seen the new dates?

Have you actually seen the new dates?

Not actual dates, but the ride hours on the WDW site now show available until July for BTMR. I realize this is still rumor until any confirmation is out, but I'm hopeful as our May dates have shown no hours available for the past couple months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter