May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

Okay so I got moved over to yacht club CL instead of beach club CL. Had to upgrade to a deluxe room and saved a whopping $150. Oh well, we really want to stay over by Epcot and the boardwalk is fully booked. Now here's hoping the room renovation is complete on the CL floors before then.

We just booked CBR for the week before Memorial Week. This is the first trip we are going to keep a secret from the kids. I hope there may be a better booking deal then what we got, if not, still going.

Sign me up! We are going in May! :) It's been 12 years since my last May trip report, and 7 years since our last trip together. I'm way too excited. Also got reservations for LeCellier, which I've never been able to do before.

Am I the only one frustrated that the three "special offers" come out to the same price?

...and we moved from YC to CR TPV CL. Figured we'd give walking to MK a shot with our kids. It was about $150 less than our deluxe CL room at YC but I will admit I don't like to look at the total and think about how few nights that covers!

Now if I could just get a purple magic band! Disney why do you sell it for the freebie price but not list it as an option??

...and we moved from YC to CR TPV CL. Figured we'd give walking to MK a shot with our kids. It was about $150 less than our deluxe CL room at YC but I will admit I don't like to look at the total and think about how few nights that covers!

How far is the walk from CSR to MK?

From contemporary, it's about a 10 min walk. CSR (Coronado) would require a bus.

Wanted to spell those out in case the abbreviations caused confusion.

I was going to say lol!! I caught it after I went back and double read it but others may not catch it.

I was going to say lol!! I caught it after I went back and double read it but others may not catch it.
Thanks! I always feel like I don't know if it's better to go all in with the abbreviations or actually write the words.

I also like Coronado, but man it's like a 10 min walk just to get to the lobby building. We now only stay where we can walK to a park. I even skipped out on Grand Floridian for this trip. I think we will try out AKL for a night on a trip in the future though just for animal purposes. And yes, I know we can go look at the animals for free. (Just admitting that's not what we'd do.)

This will be our first time staying in the MK area resorts so I hope we like it. While I was having anxiety about selecting the right one, my husband reminded me that there really was no bad option.

Jumpin' in here. At the Pop again, it is the best you know, 04May to 12May. Been suffering through Disney withdrawals for over 3 years, not by choice of course. Have had to cancel/resked/revised about 5 times and Stock Market crash or not, we're finally going this time. Wish we could have got the Tomorrowland Dessert Party but don't see that happening.
See you there!

Going May 8-14 how is the weather? My kids love to swim we been there twice in summer then December and October

First time I will be staying at Pop, is it good? Which building is closet to lobby? We stood at aoa twice and love it.

First time I will be staying at Pop, is it good? Which building is closet to lobby? We stood at aoa twice and love it.
I would suggest the 60's section, they are on the Hippy Dippy Pool which is great for little ones. Lots of great information here to research though.
See you there!

Pop is our favorite. Our last trip we requested 60's lake view, and it was perfect! We were super close to the pool and the lobby/busses/etc. It was quiet, we could see the fireworks, and we ended up with ground floor (which we loved)!

For all the people (like me) who were bummed that BTMRR was scheduled to be closed for part (or all) of May rejoice... it's no longer listed at any of the planning sites as scheduled for refurbishment and I think that the ride description at the official site was mentioning a closure and it isn't now either.

Also (since I'm actually arriving in April) 100 Days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter