• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2016 Car Rentals

I went to carrentalsavers and put in May 7 - 14 and I was able to see the rate for $100/wk. IF you change the dates at all, it's gone. They must be low on car rentals that week?

Nope. Just tried it and still getting high rates. I am doing it 05/07/2016 at noon to 05/14/2016 at noon. And actually, that's not my travel dates. I was just trying to replicate what you all are seeing. :teeth:

upload_2016-3-11_12-8-50.png

I see that if doing 6:00 pm - crazy! If done for noon, the price is more 3-4 times higher! There is a definite benefit to try and adjust the times to get a better rate, like doing Alamo for an hour more or less than 7 days exactly.
I'm willing to be that the rates are an algorithm dependent upon how many cars are expected to be in stock at any given moment. If you can afford to wait around by an hour to pick up your car, certainly try a time difference, but be aware that if you check in early you most likely will get a higher rate.

a month out most rates will drop/level out.
Nope. Just tried it and still getting high rates. I am doing it 05/07/2016 at noon to 05/14/2016 at noon. And actually, that's not my travel dates. I was just trying to replicate what you all are seeing. :teeth:

View attachment 155904
doesn't look like u are on alamo's site, is that car rental savers?

my time is 6 pm this trip, flying in from SJU after a cruise. I've gotten tripped up with higher rates several times too for earlier in the day arrival.

as another posted, it does vary by the pickup time. my understanding is you have two hours window for rate to be honored, but don't quote me lol. do know if u provide flight info they will honor rate if flight is delayed.

doesn't look like u are on alamo's site, is that car rental savers?

my time is 6 pm this trip, flying in from SJU after a cruise. I've gotten tripped up with higher rates several times too for earlier in the day arrival.

as another posted, it does vary by the pickup time. my understanding is you have two hours window for rate to be honored, but don't quote me lol. do know if u provide flight info they will honor rate if flight is delayed.

This is for carrentalsavers for Dollar rates. It definitely is the 6:00 p.m. issue. And like I said earlier, it's not even my travel dates. I was just trying to figure out how you all were getting those lower rates. Hope I didn't come off confrontational. That was never my intent. :flower3:

This is for carrentalsavers for Dollar rates. It definitely is the 6:00 p.m. issue. And like I said earlier, it's not even my travel dates. I was just trying to figure out how you all were getting those lower rates. Hope I didn't come off confrontational. That was never my intent. :flower3:

no, not at all! was just curious what website as i've had to clear cookies or go to inprivate browsing to obtain a better rate if already booked.

I just was able to make a reservation through Dollar (City Special) for under $300 for an SUV for 10 days. Not fantastic but finally something decent outside of that vegas brazil code.

I just went through American Express travel and got a full size car at Budget for 103 total from April 29th - May 6th. When I have time I'm going to see if I can even use my points. Has anyone done that through AMX?

I posted the following in the April thread... Maybe the codes will work for May?

HI! Just want to chime in that I have been able to get my Alamo car rental (compact) 4/12 to 4/18 down to 101.36. Using 7016427 and $35 off coupon AD8183SDM, that I found on a coupon site. I randomly got lucky Tuesday on a Dollar rental under $100. I'm pretty sure I will be staying with Alamo as I am an insider and can go right to the garage and pick the car, as Dollar chooses for you. I was also able to help save another traveler at the same time on her 10 day rental with the above codes.

Hope this helps someone !

Also this worked for another friend picking up at the car care center.

It seems that rates using these codes are going down while Costco and general rates are going up for Alamo. Just rebooked our mini van for late May for $250 where it was $290 just last week. Can't get it to drop CDW, no matter what I do.

Alamo dropped today for me as well and I was able to add the coupon for $35 off. 5/25 to 5/30 for $124

i see compact today for my week beginning 5/7 for $104 but CDW on all other classes.

i have no real issue w/dollar just more familiar to do the alamo thing @ MCO and used to driving a full size car.

no idea what passes for a compact at MCO, never dipped below midsize.

Just rebooked my rental through Alamo for a May 3-11 $128! Used the $35 coupon that was posted and Vegas Brazil (CDW is not on there) code. I can save another $20 if I take Magical Express then pick up the car at the CCC.

Just rebooked my rental through Alamo for a May 3-11 $128! Used the $35 coupon that was posted and Vegas Brazil (CDW is not on there) code. I can save another $20 if I take Magical Express then pick up the car at the CCC.

Thanks for posting, going to Alamo now to see if I can get the non CDW to come up.

EDITED TO SAY: Just got a great rate for 2 weeks and went up a car class, saved $205 when compared to my original res. Had tried last night to get the Vegas Brazil with no CDW without luck...but worked this morning :) thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi, Tuesday morning and I was FINALLY able to book ALAMO without the CDW using the Vegas Brazil code!! Great rates too!! Joan

Can you tell me where the $35 coupon came from. I booked today and saved some money. I am an Alamo insider and when I went to check in and pay so I wouldn't have to go to the counter the web site wouldn't let me. So do think I would have to present the coupon

Can you tell me where the $35 coupon came from. I booked today and saved some money. I am an Alamo insider and when I went to check in and pay so I wouldn't have to go to the counter the web site wouldn't let me. So do think I would have to present the coupon

How far were you able to get into the check in process?

I don't want to pay yet but I went through the process and made it all the way to where I needed to enter a credit card number then I backed out; I think that was the final step. I had no issues doing the check in as far as I could tell. There was even the option to accept or decline the CDW that seemed to function properly; my current reservation has the CDW. I figured I might as well wait until closer to my travel dates before completing check-in.

I'd like to know the coupon origination as well. I am using Code: 7016427 Coupon: AD8183SDM

Last edited:
I had searched the $35 coupon and came up with a 5 day rental. Since I was renting for 5 days, I assume that is why I was able to use the coupon. Our dates are 5/25-5/30.

Did you use any particular codes?
Hi, I used the Vegas Brazil Code 7016427 with no CDW (please read up on this code so you know why we are looking for no CDW when we use it) And I used a 25$ off code AD3868JST. There is also a 35$ off code AD8183SDM. I cannot remember where the first one came from for $25 and the second one was just posted,with no origin either. Maybe someone will post if they know where these 2 codes are from?? Joan

Hi, I used the Vegas Brazil Code 7016427 with no CDW (please read up on this code so you know why we are looking for no CDW when we use it) And I used a 25$ off code AD3868JST. There is also a 35$ off code AD8183SDM. I cannot remember where the first one came from for $25 and the second one was just posted,with no origin either. Maybe someone will post if they know where these 2 codes are from?? Joan
Thanks! That's what I have been using but with the $35 code. I need a minivan so the CDW is still included. Hopefully something better will come up without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter