May 2016 Car Rentals

Hi, I have been trying and trying to get an Alamo rental in May using the Vegas/Brazil code with no CDW included. NO luck,no matter what car category I choose. If I have 2 choices of same class car one will say no cars available and the next choice will include CWD. I have tried to modify reservation and I cannot figure out how to remove CWD that way either. Can anyone offer me any HELP?? Thanks, Joan

Hi Joan, just saw your post...if I tried anything higher than Midsize with Alamo and the Vegas/Brazil code, it would add the CDW. Seems as if car class is an issue. I checked out the April rental car thread and there was a lot of info there on using the code. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the heads up on dollar. I just secured a full size for 5/5-5/14 for $138! Going to keep checking for Alamo but it is good for my peace of mind to know I have an acceptable rate

Dollar is down this morning. Booked a midsize for week of May 21st for $133 (no coupons/promo codes). I have never used Dollar car rental at MCO.

Wow. I must have missed it. Just checked my dates 5/25 - 5/29 and it's still high. $283 for full size.

Hi Joan, just saw your post...if I tried anything higher than Midsize with Alamo and the Vegas/Brazil code, it would add the CDW. Seems as if car class is an issue. I checked out the April rental car thread and there was a lot of info there on using the code. Hope this helps!
Hi, Thank you for the reply. I have tried ALL car classes in May and the CWD is always added. I actually got the code from the April thread because our trip was originally in April but I had to reschedule to May. Maybe it will change as my trip gets closer?? I will also go back and reread the April thread. Joan

Rates still going up with 3 of 4 north of $400 for our week. Sadly part of our party arriving 2 days earlier (just booked) can save more than 50% over the prevailing rates We'll squeeze that early reservation likely until needed as rates will have to drop by almost 2/3's to be better. This may be mentioned elsewhere but notice with Alamo, making the reservation 6 days 23.5 hrs or 7 days 1 hr is actually cheaper than 7 days even.

My rates with Dollar just dropped like a stone. $165 for a full size from April 30th to May 8th.
Not only that, but I went to check through the travel booking engine that is part of my credit card rewards site and the same reservation was $136 CANADIAN (which with the current exchange rate is an awesome savings) and I had $110 in credit card points. When all is said and done, I just paid $26 for a 9 day rental of a full size. I am so excited!!!

I just booked through Dollar 4/29 - 5/8 (Lock and Go - Compact car or higher) for $114.64 Total. That is the lowest price I have ever gotten for this time of year. I had a car booked through Costco for the same dates for $178. I just saved $64. :dogdance::yay:

My rates with Dollar just dropped like a stone. $165 for a full size from April 30th to May 8th.
Not only that, but I went to check through the travel booking engine that is part of my credit card rewards site and the same reservation was $136 CANADIAN (which with the current exchange rate is an awesome savings) and I had $110 in credit card points. When all is said and done, I just paid $26 for a 9 day rental of a full size. I am so excited!!!

I'm Canadian too and have the RBC card...are you picking up at MCO? Thanks :)

What's funny about this is Monday when DCTM gave the heads up about Dollar I rushed over there and got a great deal: $149. full size for 10 days, 5/21 to 5/31. But when others mentioned yesterday and today that their rate with Dollar keeps falling I checked again and it's now over $700. for the exact same time frame. :confused3 I'm just thankful I booked when I did. I sure wish Alamo would get down to that rate. I always use them so I am just really comfortable with them. BUT, I did re-sign up with Dollar's Fastlane to bypass some of the hassle.

Available thru carrentalsavers or direct on Dollar's website via city special (no codes/coupons)

1 week full size beginning 5/7, all taxes & fees:

$100.69 :flower1:

best rate i've had in years out of MCO.:banana:

Available thru carrentalsavers or direct on Dollar's website via city special (no codes/coupons)

I should have you make my reservation. I see looking at Dollars site directly with the City Specials selected a full size all in rate of $89 for a day alone May 7th (weekly is $295 base rate prepaid or $372 base rate if not prepaid).

Rates for my week starting May 16th have moved little and I cannot seem to find the great rates others do for Dollar or anywhere else at this time.

My rate is now sky high with Dollar. As mentioned by a PP I can't even replicate the rate that you found for May 7th.

I posted the following in the April thread... Maybe the codes will work for May?

HI! Just want to chime in that I have been able to get my Alamo car rental (compact) 4/12 to 4/18 down to 101.36. Using 7016427 and $35 off coupon AD8183SDM, that I found on a coupon site. I randomly got lucky Tuesday on a Dollar rental under $100. I'm pretty sure I will be staying with Alamo as I am an insider and can go right to the garage and pick the car, as Dollar chooses for you. I was also able to help save another traveler at the same time on her 10 day rental with the above codes.

Hope this helps someone !

Also this worked for another friend picking up at the car care center.

My rate is now sky high with Dollar. As mentioned by a PP I can't even replicate the rate that you found for May 7th.
it's still there for a 6 pm arrival time.
search no code or coupon and always clear cookies before a search

I posted the following in the April thread... Maybe the codes will work for May?

HI! Just want to chime in that I have been able to get my Alamo car rental (compact) 4/12 to 4/18 down to 101.36. Using 7016427 and $35 off coupon AD8183SDM, that I found on a coupon site. I randomly got lucky Tuesday on a Dollar rental under $100. I'm pretty sure I will be staying with Alamo as I am an insider and can go right to the garage and pick the car, as Dollar chooses for you. I was also able to help save another traveler at the same time on her 10 day rental with the above codes.

a month out most rates will drop/level out i've found, surprised to see such low fares so early!

thanks for the reminder to check though, now see midsize for same rate i have for compact and no cdw!

Last edited:

Thank you! I was able to get my 1-way/1 week rental from MCO to DCC down by $30 to $139.46 on a full sized (standard) vehicle. I've been sticking with the first/higher quote as the insurance was not added to it, but this time it also was not automatically added. :)

Last edited:
I went to carrentalsavers and put in May 7 - 14 and I was able to see the rate for $100/wk. IF you change the dates at all, it's gone. They must be low on car rentals that week?

it's still there for a 6 pm arrival time.
search no code or coupon and always clear cookies before a search

I see that if doing 6:00 pm - crazy! If done for noon, the price is more 3-4 times higher! There is a definite benefit to try and adjust the times to get a better rate, like doing Alamo for an hour more or less than 7 days exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter