May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Hey Everyone! We're home safe and sound early this morning around 1:30am. It just goes to show how small a place Newfoundland can be. When we boarded the last plane in Halifax, Nova Scotia after the Iceland Air flight, the stewardess came over and asked if we were the couple celebrating their anniversary by doing a transatlantic and finally on our way home. She apologized that they'd tried to upgrade us to first class but hadn't been able to get us two seats together so instead offered us free drinks to end the trip. Apparently, we'd talked up the Disney Cruise enough on our way out that the stewardesses had been talking about it and wanted to hear how it went! :thumbsup2

And, for the first time I've ever experienced, the captain came on to announce that the Northern lights were in full bloom and welcoming us home. It was a great end to it all.

It was a great trip. You all made it so special and it was so great meeting everyone. Although we probably won't be doing any TAs or PCs for a few years (just can't take such an awesome vacation without our son again), we'll be thinking of you all. I know it's far out, but we're thinking 2017 when DS will be out of Uni in early May.

Now it's time to ponder how to tackle the 4000+ pictures I took.... egad.

I don't suppose anyone's on the Aug 25th 4 night Dream cruise? That's what I picked for DS' consolation cruise.

Thank you, twopeasonepod for organizing the Til We Meet Again luncheon, and Goofy Newfie for the cruise web site! :)

Well Dear Cruise Friends,

It's time for me to start the journey back to Barcelona for the 7 day Med, a city I know well due to DCL, however it feels strange to travel back having only flown home a few days ago. Everytime we have been there, it's thrown it down with rain, torrents of it everytime, so fingers crossed. It will be different, for one our daughter is able to drink on this cruise (not looking forward to that) and it makes me feel old anyway. Bags are packed, GI Joe haircut done all things ticked off the list and off we go. If you are in any doubt about doing a further transatlantic journey then just book it and we can have another great 2 weeks in 2014, eastbound or westbound.

If you still travelling home then have a safe journey. Thanks for all the fun.
FABulous to have met you, Steve. :flower3: One of our highlights. Truly. xx

We are home safe!:yay:

We want to thank everyone we met personally and Thank you for those who participated in the Candy Exchange! Our package of hard candy from the UK lasted right up until our last flight last night!!!:)

Don't know who gave the Pop Rocks for the Candy exchange, but I laughed in Barcelona when the ice cream selection came with Pop Rocks. It was not what we ordered, but I did note that the Pop Rocks had "Spain" as the country of origin!

Bobbi:)

Sadly to say we had a problem with our Candy Swap. Only received about half someone was stealing ours. Hope everyone was able to enjoy what we delivered.

Also, those that won Scavenger Hunt #1 that the Disney money is real money that can only be used at Disney. It's also not being printed anymore so if you are a collector :)

Meredith, thanks for teaching us to play Bunco!

My family had a great time and are looking forward to another long cruise when we can fit it in our schedule. Take care!

Just wanted to add our thanks again to everybody who put together the additonal activities.

We loved the scavenger hunt, bunco, the tastings, PJ breakfast, secret mickey, and the running club. We also met some really great people while on board.

Thanks again to everyone who spent so much time putting the events together, and keeping this web page up to date!

Chuck, Marci, and Alyssa

Sadly to say we had a problem with our Candy Swap. Only received about half someone was stealing ours. Hope everyone was able to enjoy what we delivered.

Also, those that won Scavenger Hunt #1 that the Disney money is real money that can only be used at Disney. It's also not being printed anymore so if you are a collector :)

Meredith, thanks for teaching us to play Bunco!

My family had a great time and are looking forward to another long cruise when we can fit it in our schedule. Take care!

Oh...so sad to near about the Candy Swap, ESPECIALLY since your contribution was one of our favorites!

DH & I are returning to Cape May soon, I can replace those for you if you hadn't received ours. PM me with your info if you'd like.

Bobbi

I think we only missed candy drop offs from 1 since I am assuming the Pop Rocks were part of the exchange. We smiled to think of Salt Water Taffy from Utah..not the shore area that we are used to seeing it at. Good tasting, either place.:goodvibes

THANK YOU FOR FREEING YOUR INNER MOUSKETEER!!! and for inviting me to the party :thumbsup2

We have a finding Nemo, however I a looking for Missy ? Does anyone know how to contact her.

Currently docked in villefranche and drinking a small wine beside the start finish line of the Monaco Grand Prix, thinking about my absent friends.

Ps: my bar bill is a lot better this week for some reason :rotfl2:

Stephen,

I have Missy's email address if no-one can help. Just PM me and I will send it over.

I think I have been in that same set of Bar's you are currently sat in :)

Go an find the postcard in the shop opposite of Monaco at Night :)

Paul

We have a finding Nemo, however I a looking for Missy ? Does anyone know how to contact her.

Currently docked in villefranche and drinking a small wine beside the start finish line of the Monaco Grand Prix, thinking about my absent friends.

Oh Stevie, you are funny!!

Glad this thread is still going, seems weird not to come on here to keep checking it!

I had my neck surgery on Friday, and wish I was back on the Magic to recuperate - would have saved myself a fortune in not buying photos if I had had this done beforehand, as now sporting a slasher neck which I think is going to turn some very impressive colours!

I wish I had a) more funds b) more annual leave and c) kids that weren't doing exams, as all I can think about is doing another disney cruise, but no idea when that will be. I don't really want to do a Med Cruise on Disney because it is so port intensive and we love the ship, but with the cost of flights to USA from here plus the fact kids have exams, I think thats going to be our only option.

Kids are still crying, and speak to their new friends every day on facetime/skype etc. They both now have aspirations to work onboard, although I have told them lots of times it is completely different working on there to being a passenger!:rotfl2: Mind you, if they do get a job on there in a few years hopefully I can get cheap cruises!!

LOL:lmao:

StephenKay said:

Missy is touring Ireland for a few weeks and prob wont be back to Disboards til she gets home. She said she would get in touch then.

Your location sounds amazing!

I was drinking and dancing at a post grad party on Saturday night. Kinda reminded me of the cruise :-)

I thought I booked the Panama Canal cruise for next year with my family but my reservation says EBTA. Does anyone know if I can change it and keep the same deal (20% and obc) ?

Mondays are the worst reality check there is!

I thought I booked the Panama Canal cruise for next year with my family but my reservation says EBTA. Does anyone know if I can change it and keep the same deal (20% and obc) ?

Mondays are the worst reality check there is!

If the Panama Canal cruise was also 20% off, you ought to be able to keep the discount. Apparently a number of people had problems with the guy who did the onboard bookings, so I would call DCL to get it straightened out ASAP.

If the Panama Canal cruise was also 20% off, you ought to be able to keep the discount. Apparently a number of people had problems with the guy who did the onboard bookings, so I would call DCL to get it straightened out ASAP.
Definitely call -- they will fix it. Russell (the onboard guy) said he was going to cancel our prior reservation for WBPC, but he didn't. I had to call and cancel -- but seriously had to make sure the new one was in place first!

Dear All,

Thanks for the help in finding Missy, the Magic currently docked in the bay looking great, we were due to go to Pisa, however everyone's tired and wants to take it easy, so we are wandering around the small towns instead. Rome tomorrow, that's a great city were I love to people watch and we have a long tour booked. You can see a couple of pictures on MaryKay on FB if you want to keep up with us. What I don't mange to do this week Mary and I can do on the August 31st cruise. We have had to change servers after the first night as they were the worst ever and the didn't even like each other, however it's all fine now.

Lynn, you actually circled the transatlantic on the rebooking slip, I know, I was there:rotfl: we must have been under the influence of alcohol at the time. :rotfl2: Disney will fix it easily.

Off back to the Magic now, tons of wine and bubbly, to get through before Sat, however thats when an 18 yr old daughter helps, keep in touch .Forgot to say we did mixology the other day, it was really good and I scored a few freebies and got behind the bar for the first time.

Kind regards,

Sounds like you're having a great time Stevie! Can't believe you're cruising AGAIN on 31st August - you lucky thing!!

Keep meaning to ask, has anyone been poorly since getting off the ship? My daughter was off school all last week with a virus, and this then turned into an ear infection at the weekend so she is finally on antibiotics. Don't think I am popular at school given how I took them out for a week prior to half term for this cruise, then she missed a week last week as well!

Sorry to hear about your daughter Jody. Dad and I have been fine.

If anybody is interested, I've just finished posting my trip report over on the UK Trip Reports board - the index is here: Crossing the pond by Disney Magic

Dear Diary
Day 2 on land. I can still feel the motion of the ocean. My servants have deserted me and I have been forced to forage for my own food. No one has made my bed or inquired of my happiness. I fear that this is my new reality. Apparently there is no alcohol here either. I hope I will be rescued soon ...

I had an amazingly fantastic time on the cruise. I met many many wonderful people. Ate too much. Drank just the right amount :lmao: Danced a lot :yay:

Again - thanks are in order - A great big shout out to Mandy! You are an amazing lady! Thanks for organizing so many fun things to do. Chris for doing the webpage. And everyone I met along the way that made this cruise so memorable :goodvibes

WELCOME BACK TO REALITY :headache: :rotfl2:

Lynn

We feel the same way. We spent an extra week in Europe which was also great, but sad it is all over. I miss the ship the most :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter