May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

We are also DVC members since 1998.

Our resorts are Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs. This cruise is on points, Yay!!

We love talking to folks about our experiences.

Jennifer and Dennis Owens #6315

We are DVC members since 2004. After our third DD was born the 2 bedroom Villa's became a necessity. Our home resort is Boardwalk. :goodvibes

Anyone know how much it is on a TA to buy the photo CD? If I know in advance that we want it, then we will make sure we get a lot of photos taken. On the other hand, I heard that they all have borders now when you buy the CD. I don't mind some, just not sure I would want all so we might just buy a few instead.

oh man, everyone's getting so excited but I've got to go to London for one more trip in a few hours. I'll get back 52 hours before we start out on our journey to Galveston. Kim's gonna kill me. She said she's leaving without me if I don't make it back for whatever reason. :)

See you all pretty soon. Or at least fingers crossed. :cheer2:

Anyone know how much it is on a TA to buy the photo CD?

Is it still $399? I think that is what we paid in 2011 and we had about 420 pictures. I remember it being less than a dollar a picture ;) Gotta get your money's worth!!

oh man, everyone's getting so excited but I've got to go to London for one more trip in a few hours. I'll get back 52 hours before we start out on our journey to Galveston. Kim's gonna kill me. She said she's leaving without me if I don't make it back for whatever reason. :)

We'll see ya!!! :thumbsup2 Think positive! :goodvibes

:rotfl::rotfl:

jason was the first to notice cabins were allocated so was already updated:thumbsup2

Thank you for all of your work on this, Sarah!!! :cheer2:

Mandy,
I just sent my room numbers to fe/candy swap organizers. I see that we are neighbors - deck 7 across from the laundry. Looks like a great location!

Lauri

Awesome, Lauri!! Yes -- that is a great area, and perfect for getting laundry done in off-peak hours! Quiet area IMHO with cabins above and below :goodvibes

That sounds so fun. And how lovely that you were able to take them around!

It really was a blessing. They did a different dining time on WBTA, and we got to see them at DIS activities (Palo group brunch, etc) so it has been great getting to spend time with them again. It's groups like this that make it so much fun!! And so awesome to see their little one growing into a beautiful young lady!! :goodvibes

We are also DVC members since 1998.

Our resorts are Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs. This cruise is on points, Yay!!

We love talking to folks about our experiences.

Jennifer and Dennis Owens #6315

Looking forward to meeting other DVC members from Ohio!:thumbsup2

2 WEEKS..... 14 DAYS.. ONE more Saturday before we set sail for our wonderful Magic voyage...... :crazy2:
:yay:

Just to let you know, that I have been allocated my favourite Deck 6 sideways cabin - 6507, which I am very happy about.:thumbsup2
:cheer2:

Let's hope you make it back :flower3:

It really was a blessing. They did a different dining time on WBTA, and we got to see them at DIS activities (Palo group brunch, etc) so it has been great getting to spend time with them again. It's groups like this that make it so much fun!! And so awesome to see their little one growing into a beautiful young lady!! :goodvibes
pixiedust:

You guys have been great, I'm sure we wouldn't have got out of the maze that is DFW airport without you :confused3 :drive: :confused3

You forgot to mention the horse at Southfork that decided to take a chunk out of my arm, Helen is still laughing about it :rotfl2:

We have managed to do the cowboys stadium and grapevine today, both of which we're excellent.

I think it will be trinity park for Mayfest tomorrow and then head on down to Austin

We have had a blast being tourists with Paul, Helen & Grace the past two days!! On Friday we visited the brand new President George W. Bush Presidential Center on the SMU campus, introduced them to TexMex at Chuy's (originated in Austin, and they promptly compared the room we were in to Parrot Cay!), dropped my hubby off to work, and then we ventured out to see SouthFork Ranch. It was really neat to finally visit it. Much of the new TNT Series (the Reboot) has been filmed there or in Dallas -- not in LA like original series. We even saw the Mexican hotel room where JR was shot! (No spoilers on who shot JR... Helen has not seen the last two episodes yet)

Letting them practice their YeeHaw on their own today while we have soccer games and Jimmy Buffett concert... but looking forward to meeting up with them at the Tremont for pre-cruise!!

I am super conflicted about this, but I think I am going to scrap the floor length gowns :guilty: I have already allotted way too much for me, and need to scale back. The super light one I have is also the one I wore last cruise, so I don't want the same photo haha. Also, no one ever sees my dress below the waist anyway since I am behind the boys in the picture.

But maybe I'll take a trip out to my fave store tomorrow! ;)

I am super conflicted about this, but I think I am going to scrap the floor length gowns :guilty: I have already allotted way too much for me, and need to scale back. The super light one I have is also the one I wore last cruise, so I don't want the same photo haha. Also, no one ever sees my dress below the waist anyway since I am behind the boys in the picture.

But maybe I'll take a trip out to my fave store tomorrow! ;)
I'm sure you'll look great :thumbsup2. Funny you mentioned being in the same clothes, I'm going to be in the same clothes as well and it bugs me :rotfl:. But not enough to get new clothes.

Tubbsteruk, I do want to hear the story of the horse bit :rolleyes1

Since DW's computer is in the shop getting the keyboard repaired I have been relegated the tasks of asking if anyone making this trip does cross stitch and if they plan on bringing it with them. She always brings one to while away her down time in the cabin and would enjoy talking with someone else who also enjoys the art.

I will relay any messages or you can reply directly to her at her Disboards name Drgnfly829.

Thank you and we are looking forward to meeting you all in 13 days.

Jimmy and Judith

Event Organizers - I will start working on the DIS Personal Navigator this evening after the kiddos are in bed, pulling info from page one. Please make any final updates to posts on your placeholder links and I will incorporate the most current info :)

For privacy purposes, no last names will be used in our DIS Personal Navigator.

Thank you!! :)

You guys have been great, I'm sure we wouldn't have got out of the maze that is DFW airport without you :confused3 :drive: :confused3

You forgot to mention the horse at Southfork that decided to take a chunk out of my arm, Helen is still laughing about it :rotfl2:

We have managed to do the cowboys stadium and grapevine today, both of which we're excellent.

I think it will be trinity park for Mayfest tomorrow and then head on down to Austin

Being bit by a horse in Texas... yep! Just part of the tourist experience ;) Just be thankful it was your arm and not your rear with upcoming driving and sitting!! :scared1: Glad you guys saw a lot yesterday! Here are a few places to keep in mind for Austin:

Austin - home of Amy's Ice Cream! http://www.amysicecreams.com/

The free tour of the capitol building is worth it if you can squeeze it in.

If you need your Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom fix again... http://chuys.com/#/regions

There is also a bridge where a certain type of bat from Mexico flies out from each evening: http://www.batcon.org/index.php/get...on/congress-avenue-bridge/subcategory/51.html

And the Czech Bakery I was telling you about on I-35 in West (exit 353) http://www.czechstop.net/
And I would suggest getting some extras you can have as leftovers for breakfast tomorrow morning. You need to stop there even if you are not hungry at that moment. :thumbsup2

Did you find an app for locating the nearest Sonic? ;)

MAIN DINING

aunt gram Gay, dh tim, dgs 8 *
missandrea andrea, dh dd12 *
goofynewfie Chris and kim *

I just called and got Viking_53's family and my family linked with the other main dining folks. Viking_53 and my family will be seated together and we'll be near the rest of you on your rotation :yay:

MAIN DINING

aunt gram Gay, dh tim, dgs 8 *
missandrea andrea, dh dd12 *
goofynewfie Chris and kim *

I just called and got Viking_53's family and my family linked with the other main dining folks. Viking_53 and my family will be seated together and we'll be near the rest of you on your rotation :yay:

Yay!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

No HA cabins - but those were sold out Thanksgiving week when I was searching for a wheelchair-bound friend wanting a balcony (he ended up going with NCL since no availability). And in some cases booked on opening day. One popped available at PIF date but looks assigned now.

What's the deal with booking HA rooms? I was tabled with a couple on their honeymoon who had a HA room, but without any need for such a room. I know there is a note on the site about possibly having to prove you need such a room, but I just get the feeling it's a free for all.

What's the deal with booking HA rooms? I was tabled with a couple on their honeymoon who had a HA room, but without any need for such a room. I know there is a note on the site about possibly having to prove you need such a room, but I just get the feeling it's a free for all.

Unfortunately, some folks book them as they are a bit larger to accommodate a wheelchair :mad:. This is a pet peeve of mine. I have zero issue with DCL using them at the last minute and assigning them to folks, but I think it's unconscionable that some people book them w/o needing them.

I booked my mom into one for the Med portion of our trip. She's just finished up a heavy series of cancer treatments and we were worried she'd be in a wheelchair. I was shocked that they didn't need any doctor's note for it (which I would gladly provide).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter