Mass Shooting at Orlando Club

Yikes!!! How horrible. I hadn't heard until I opened this thread. I thought it would be about The Voice contestant who was shot and killed the other night.

Haven't seen the news yet this morning because my wife is into her "Fixer Upper" on HGTV...... were the bulk of the victims killed as a result of storming the club? I had assumed that the police responded after the bulk of the shooting had already occurred.

Watching now. Details just coming out. 20 victims are dead, 40 are injured...all innocent people trying to live their lives. Supposedly a 3 hour stand-off.

Shooter had an assault weapon, acted alone. He was in late 20's From Port St Lucie, he's a US citizen, has family members who are not...country not released...it's being said that the nationality is 'indicitive' supposedly Afghanastan. His house/social media/computers being searched now.

Beyond Tragic !!!!! how does one get an assault rifle outside of the military etc?

You can't. Some in the media incorrectly call a long rifle, an assault rifle.

Unless he illegally modified a rifle to become an assault rifle, but that's unlikely. I don't think there's ever been a case of a mass shooting where someone did that. Or I guess you could steal one from the military.

They are reporting an AR15 and hand gun.
Pete and the rest of the dis team are all accounted for as well.
We are locals as well, trying to make sure we have reached all families and coworkers. This hits way too close to home.

I'm watching CNN and the casualty count went up around 9:30 am central time when they started a news conference. It is now 50 fatalities. :(

I'm watching CNN and the casualty count went up around 9:30 am central time when they started a news conference. It is now 50 fatalities. :(

Holy crap, that's incredibly sad. Not that 20 wasn't significant, but that's a huge disparity between reports.

Did a bomb actually go off?

Holy crap, that's incredibly sad. Not that 20 wasn't significant, but that's a huge disparity between reports.

Yes, it's now the worst mass shooting in US history. Praying for the 53 injured. Horrific.

The 20 were the initial "guess" based on what they could see and people calling in. Once they got inside they found drastically more causualities.
My guess is many more were killed during the final gun exchange by watching the news coverage.

The shooter was born in New York lived in Port St. Lucie, his parents are from Afghanistan.

No bombs, just guns.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter