Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Great update Brook! The food at the Plaza looks so good! And for only $40 -- what a great deal!!! :thumbsup2

I'm going to have to remember to stop reading your trip report right before bed -- it ALWAYS makes me hungry! :lmao:

I'm a little behind.

So many good things have happened! You are truly blessed. Congrats on your new TA job. Congrats on booking your cruise and for your solo trip.

I would love to take a solo trip too. Sounds like a great way to recharge with Mickey Magic. I'm so glad you're not homeless anymore.

The Winnie line looks fabulous. I showed your pictures to Danielle and at 11 she still wants to play too. Lunch looked really good too. I'll have to keep it in mind for an oop meal.

Henry is such a joy to watch! Thanks for sharing.

I showed your Plaza review to my Henry and he said he wanted what little Henry was having!! He's a big kid... with a red beard (which is now more gray than red I think)! He'd rather have the PB&J with fruit than those yummy adult sandwiches. I want that turkey... minus the bacon of course! :lovestruc

We've tried a few times to get in without ADR's, but no success.

I too love all the pics in your trip report... it really brings us right in there with you!! And yeah, reading before bed when we can't eat... kinda rough!:lmao:

Caught up and so glad to hear you are not homeless. I would keep trying for OKW though. :rolleyes:

Winnie the Queue looks amazing. I also thought it was more of a play then walk then play type of queue not play or Queue. Hmmmmm I also look up the Tiggers bouncy place and wonder how it got approved and put in before they decided to pull the plug. Hopefully they are doing more tweaking but I guess not. :sad2:

Just found your TR and I am loving it so far! The Winnie the Pooh que is adorable!! I can't wait to see it when we go.
Looking forward to more :)

We enjoyed the new Winnie the Pooh queue, too. We didn't stay long, but they would be a nice place to go with Bella while we are waiting for Brooklynn and her posse to ride Big Thunder Mountain a couple of times. If I can get Bella off the 'hoe-sies', that is. ;) It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Tigger part. I did youtube it. It would be fun, but I see potential for lots of falls, too. Maybe someone who goes soon can give us the latest update on it.

We've talked about Plaza, but never been. That turkey sandwich looks very good!

It is so nice to be enjoying Magic Kingdom this week through your pictures. :)

I love the Plaza. That food looks so yum. I had no idea the cut the pb&j to look like Mickey. Good thing I don't work there. I'd probably go through 5 sandwiches before I got it right!

The Winnie the Pooh queue looks so adorable:)

The Plaza looks so yummy. I really wanted to try it this trip but we upgraded to the DXDP and already have Sci-fi twice, so another cheap meal wouldn't really make sense. One of these days we have to try it.

I love the pictures of the Sword in the Stone with the castle in the background. Never thought of doing that:confused3

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Plaza! I love it too. Those french fries. :cloud9:

Glad you have found a home for your latest trip. I should know this as a DVC owner but what resort is the "cheapest" in terms of points? Is it OKW? Is SSR significantly more? Your idea of renting and staying at a value is good. I would imagine something will open up! :thumbsup2

Hmmmmm....the Plaza is so delightful!! I usually eat there at least once each trip as my meal before MSEP!!! SO YUMMY!! Your pictures were fantastic and might have made me drool LOL!!!

That IS a big apple! :) :rotfl2: Yummy - we're also fans of the Plaza although it's been one of the few places that wouldn't allow me to order from the kids menu so I try not to hold that against them! lol :lmao:

I'm glad you secured a place to stay but I know you'll keep checking on your other possibilities too! I think it's awesome you're willing to try new places so I hope you get what you want/need in the end! :thumbsup2

Heather

Looks like a real PB&J and not one of those uncrustables. That's great! I just showed Madeline and she is now excited to eat there.

Those trees are so beautiful!

The Plaza looks yummy!! And a real actual pb&j....I guess I am used to seeing those uncrustables everywhere in WDW! My kids wont eat pb&j, but that one looks so much better than the uncrustable.
Love that picture of you and Henry at the sword with the castle behind. Great idea:thumbsup2

The new Winnie the Pooh queue looks like a ton of fun! They really did add a lot of cute touches! What a fun way to spend the time while you are waiting on the ride.

Mmmmm, all that food at the Plaza looks delicious! We really need to try it one day!

We plan on being at MK on the 28th for the MSEP. Why don't we exchange cell #'s & we can play it by ear. I will PM you.:thumbsup2

Ah! Yes! That just might work - all depends on how I feel. I will reply back with my cell #!

I saw this Play area, bit unfortunately it was raining really hard and we were running from attraction to attraction.

Henry is getting so big, love his t-shirt.

We ate at the Plaza and stupid me ordered the cheeseburger-blah.

Next trip for the Pooh Queue then! :goodvibes It really is very cute, I love the look of it when going past too with the "woodsy" feel.

Isn't that t-shirt cute? A fellow DISer gave it to us! He finally fits into it after all these trips. LOL

Joe almost ordered the cheeseburger, but wanted something slightly different. Was the cheeseburger bad, or just boring?

Brook, I am SO glad you enjoyed the Plaza. It is one Mark and I must do every trip...it is just such a relaxing meal and simple food after all of the "heavy meals' we eat all week. Better not show him the PBJ picture...he may want t hat next. ;)

And those fries Kathy....:love: Sooooooo GOOD!

LOL about Mark eating the Mickey Head PB&J! :rotfl:

Great update Brook! The food at the Plaza looks so good! And for only $40 -- what a great deal!!! :thumbsup2

I'm going to have to remember to stop reading your trip report right before bed -- it ALWAYS makes me hungry! :lmao:

It is a great deal! A CS always costs us around $35 and that is without desserts generally (but with sodas, at the Plaza we just had water). Plus, if you get a window table you'll have a wonderful view of the Castle!

Last night we went out to dinner and I was stuffed full so I did this update and caught up on the Food Pictures thread! :laughing:

The Plaza is such an awesome restaraunt and I love what a great deal it is OOP.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

I agree! It's a little hidden treasure.

I'm a little behind.

So many good things have happened! You are truly blessed. Congrats on your new TA job. Congrats on booking your cruise and for your solo trip.

I would love to take a solo trip too. Sounds like a great way to recharge with Mickey Magic. I'm so glad you're not homeless anymore.

The Winnie line looks fabulous. I showed your pictures to Danielle and at 11 she still wants to play too. Lunch looked really good too. I'll have to keep it in mind for an oop meal.

Henry is such a joy to watch! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!!!! It has been a busy couple weeks - but they have been GREAT. The cruise isn't until June 2012, so I'll be counting down foreverrrrrr for that! And torturing myself with the cruise threads. :laughing:

The more I think about my solo trip, the more excited I get about it. I was reading Poolrat's (Pat) solo TR last night and it really recharged my excitement for going solo! :cheer2: I have some crazy ideas too about park touring....

A 11 year old would still have a blast in there! Some of the things are geared for shorter/younger kids, but the musical instruments and the gophers in particular could be a lot of fun for the pre-teen...or even the teen crowd! I know I had fun! LOL

Hmm...I do like the Plaza. And I was thinking of it for my solo trip...hmmmm...

It's a winner IMO! It's just basic food, sandwiches and fries, but it's tasty and it's a TS. I haven't spoken to Joe yet about any ADRs for my solo trip, but I am thinking here and/or the GF Tea. And I must go to the bar at 50's Prime Time for a PB&J shake. I've been craving one since December 2009. :laughing:

Fab update Brook!:goodvibes

Those pink trees are gorgeous! The petals look all fluffy like pink snow.

Aw, poor Henry was trying so hard to pull that sword! I love your tip too of standing with the castle to your back. Makes for a much nicer picture!

Don't you just LOVE the new queue at Winnie the Pooh?:thumbsup2 It's awesome, they really did an incredible job with it. The theming fits in so nicely and my girls tried every little thing! Henry looks like he enjoyed it too! And you're right about that rope pull thingy with the gopher. DH had to jump in and help our girls, it was hard!:laughing: Those honey walls were really fun too. Though the germaphobe mama in me was like, girls wipe your hands with these wipes since you just ran your hands all over that screen!:laughing:

So glad you enjoyed The Plaza (we ate there for the first time last trip and loved it). Aren't those little Mickey sandwichs darling? So cute. Holy cow, that sundae was mammoth! I'd have passed on the pineapple but the rest sounds scrumptious.:thumbsup2

I showed your Plaza review to my Henry and he said he wanted what little Henry was having!! He's a big kid... with a red beard (which is now more gray than red I think)! He'd rather have the PB&J with fruit than those yummy adult sandwiches. I want that turkey... minus the bacon of course! :lovestruc

We've tried a few times to get in without ADR's, but no success.

I too love all the pics in your trip report... it really brings us right in there with you!! And yeah, reading before bed when we can't eat... kinda rough!:lmao:

:rotfl: Your Henry and Kathy's Mark could eat their Mickey Head PB&J's together! The turkey sandwich was yummy!! They also have a club that I was tempted with.

It doesn't surprise me about not getting in without an ADR, it's pretty small in there. In my "view" picture there is a small room off to the right with a handful of tables and then in my "Main Street Citizen" picture is pretty much shows the rest of the place! I'm entertaining an ADR for my solo trip there, but just realizing again how small it is makes me wonder if I can even get in myself...:confused3 I guess I better get on that and try!

I'm glad you are enjoying all the pics! I try to bring a bit of the magic back!!

Caught up and so glad to hear you are not homeless. I would keep trying for OKW though. :rolleyes:

Winnie the Queue looks amazing. I also thought it was more of a play then walk then play type of queue not play or Queue. Hmmmmm I also look up the Tiggers bouncy place and wonder how it got approved and put in before they decided to pull the plug. Hopefully they are doing more tweaking but I guess not. :sad2:

I wish I could try for OKW...but it's less points, so if I get it and cancel SSR we will have points that go into this use year, which means they need to be used by November of this year-and we aren't going back by then. :sad1: So, I'd have to rent just a few points, which is hard to do. So, I'm just sticking with SSR and seeing if something works out with someone...we'll see I guess!

I hope they do more tweaking with Tiggers Bounce Spot too! They could make the whole area into the bouncy things and that could work...I haven't heard anything what they are doing about it.

Just found your TR and I am loving it so far! The Winnie the Pooh que is adorable!! I can't wait to see it when we go.
Looking forward to more :)

:welcome: Thank you for reading!!!!!

We enjoyed the new Winnie the Pooh queue, too. We didn't stay long, but they would be a nice place to go with Bella while we are waiting for Brooklynn and her posse to ride Big Thunder Mountain a couple of times. If I can get Bella off the 'hoe-sies', that is. ;) It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Tigger part. I did youtube it. It would be fun, but I see potential for lots of falls, too. Maybe someone who goes soon can give us the latest update on it.

We've talked about Plaza, but never been. That turkey sandwich looks very good!

It is so nice to be enjoying Magic Kingdom this week through your pictures. :)

The 'hoe-sies' is a great spot to spend some time too! Henry is not a fan. He was for maybe one trip, but since then he's not wanted to ride, or we've ridden and he's not enjoyed it. :confused3 I think I'll be riding on my solo trip! I love it!

I'm glad to share the MK! It's rainy and dreary here in NYC, so seeing the blue skies in my pictures makes me a tad wistful, but thankfully I have that ticker!

I love the Plaza. That food looks so yum. I had no idea the cut the pb&j to look like Mickey. Good thing I don't work there. I'd probably go through 5 sandwiches before I got it right!

LOL! There is actually a cookie-cutter Mickey Head shape thing that they sell in the stores, it's just right for bread, so I'm guessing that is what they use - I've made H peanut butter Mickey Head toast more times than I can count! :goodvibes

The Winnie the Pooh queue looks so adorable:)

The Plaza looks so yummy. I really wanted to try it this trip but we upgraded to the DXDP and already have Sci-fi twice, so another cheap meal wouldn't really make sense. One of these days we have to try it.

I love the pictures of the Sword in the Stone with the castle in the background. Never thought of doing that:confused3

Ya, The Plaza isn't a great value when you are on the dining plans. But, someday when you are OOP, go for it! It's a nice break from all the heavy meals.

I had never thought about that with the Sword in the Stone either until I saw it here on the DIS! Doesn't it look cool?

I've heard good things about The Plaza before.....might have to try it!

::yes:: Go for it! The big thick french fries are delicious and the sandwiches are simple and tasty! It's a perfect little lunch spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter