Marriage Equality!

Who should define what marriage is? Especially as it pertains to the legalities. Marriage is a legal contract in the U.S., not a religious one. Many people do choose a religious rite as well but the Government couldn't care less about that when it comes to recognizing a marriage.

I do think we as a people have invited the gov't into our lives in ways we never should have permitted. And this is one of those areas.

I do think we as a people have invited the gov't into our lives in ways we never should have permitted. And this is one of those areas.

I think this would have been true if marriage was still just a religious ceremony.

However as soon as the first laws were written that gave additional rights to married couples (tax breaks, rights to inherit property, rights to make medical decisions for one another, etc etc) marriage stopped being just a religious ceremony and became a legal contract as well. That legal contract needs to be allowed for all people no matter what religion and no matter what their sex.

Now as far as I know no one has decided the church needs to recognize marriages of many other types. The church wouldn't recognize my marriage as it wasn't done by a priest. I'm fine with that.

Yes it's a national headline, but it's a politically charged headline as seen on all of the different major news networks. It has blatant political associations with it, which are outlined as not to be discussed on the Disboards.
The thing is, this transcends political party. I have many friends whose political party affiliation is different from mine, who STILL support and applaud this decision. And, it should be noted that the majority opinion was authored by someone who was appointed by a conservative President and is a well known conservative jurist.

This is NOT a right wing or left wing issue. It is a HUMAN issue.

I have 2 questions. Since marriage is now legal for everyone will the rainbow symbol still be associated with being gay ? Is there no longer a need for it ? To me the rainbow means something else and honestly I would like it back.
For the people that this new law effects I say congratulations and others need to learn tolerance.

I have 2 questions. Since marriage is now legal for everyone will the rainbow symbol still be associated with being gay ? Is there no longer a need for it ? To me the rainbow means something else and honestly I would like it back.
For the people that this new law effects I say congratulations and others need to learn tolerance.
Who granted you original ownership of the rainbow? I want something. The sun maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter