Margarita Reviews!

jellydisney

DIS Veteran
Hi everybody, I'm a margarita lover :drinking1 and I just got back from my trip to Disney 3/20-3/25, so I thought I'd post my margarita reviews for anybody else who loves margaritas like me :cool1: And you can add your margarita and other drink reviews here too!

San Angel Inn:
"Top Shelf Margarita" Very good, generous portions. It's about $8, and for $1.75 more you can upgrade to their top-shelf orange liquor (from triple sec to Grand Marnier). The tequila can't be upgraded, unfortunately. I think they used Sauza Gold.

Coranado Springs Pepper Market:
Standard Rita: Very weak. Tasted mostly like lime juice.

Coral Reef:
"Coral Rita" This was a great deal, it was only $7.50 and it was a normal sized margarita with top shelf liquor in it. Tequila was Tres Generaciones Anejo and Grand Marnier. Very tasty!
"The Abyss" $6.95 Fruity rum drink, kind of like a rum runner but with vodka. Strong and tasty.

Rainforest Cafe:
"Cheetah Rita"
Believe it or not, this was the best one of the trip. You can purchase the 16 oz or the 21 oz, which comes with its own Sourvenir glass (I went with the 16oz). $7.99 for 16 oz.

Boardwalk's Leaping Horse Libations
Margarita: $7.50. Not so great. Just Jose Cuervo and Triple Sec. Nothing special, your typical college dorm margarita in a red solo cup.
Long Island Iced Tea: Didn't taste very strong, but the liquor was in there. It's the strongest drink they make at that bar (we asked haha).

Other drinks of note:
Alfredo's: Sangria. Excellent, very strong.

Adventurer's Club: Pamela's Punch--this was terrible. It was all juice, couldn't taste the rum that was supposedly in it at all.

Hoop Dee Do: BF got the bottomless beer; the only beer they have is Bud Light. They give you a little pitcher with your glass which was neat, but it's too bad you don't have any options.

**edited to include my bf's drinks as well :) We went back over the receipts, and prices here are exact.

Hey, thanks for sharing this, I love margaritas, too!

I haven't been to all of the placves that you mentioned, but I have to agree w/the review of the margaritas at the San Angel Inn. They are great!
And the couple of times I've gotten margaritas from the Pepper Market, I actually enjoyed them a lot! Probably depends on who's making them, too.

Thanks for the review...Love margaritas. Thinking of making my own while there after reading the review. (I'm staying at BWV) Where is the San Angel Inn? (Guessing Coronado Springs?)

The San Angel Inn is the restaurant in Mexico in Epcot. The stand right outside of Mexico also has great frozen margaritas

Thanx for sharing ~ Gotta love those Margaritas.

Great thread! I love the 1800 Margarita at Cap'n Jack's Margarita Bar (Downtown Disney Marketplace) - Cuervo 1800 tequila, Cointreau, sour mix, and a Grand Marnier float. Slurrrrp!

I was also majorly impressed at House of Blues. When I ordered my margarita, I was given a choice of at least 10 tequilas! I went for the Cabo Wabo.

I don't drink margaritas myself, but my good friend does, so I'm keeping an eye on this thread for her!!!! She says the drinks at BB are great as well, much better than TL, ask for Dino. She told him his margaritas were better than TL, and he gave her two free!!!! :banana: :drinking1

Thanks for the great review! I also enjoy the Margaritas at the San Angel Inn and RFC. The rainbow margarita beside the Mexican Cantina (counter service) is great, too. It can be a little potent after sampling wines at the F&W Festival. I ended up taking a little nap outside of Innoventions while DS & DH played video games. That margarita really snuck up on me!! :drinking1

UKDEB said:
Great thread! I love the 1800 Margarita at Cap'n Jack's Margarita Bar (Downtown Disney Marketplace) - Cuervo 1800 tequila, Cointreau, sour mix, and a Grand Marnier float. Slurrrrp!

I was also majorly impressed at House of Blues. When I ordered my margarita, I was given a choice of at least 10 tequilas! I went for the Cabo Wabo.

Ooooh! We almost went to Captain Jack's! Gonna have to try that, and H of B next time. My bf loooooves Cabo.

OH, not related to this post, but I also want to mention that all my margaritas above are on the rocks, not frozen. Just FYI. On the rocks is the way to go.

My DH loves the margaritas at Capt Jacks Marnina bar I love the rum runners but it is also one of the best places for a drink in WDW. 2 weeks from today we'll be there cant wait

I have to agree with Kirsten's Mommy, the margaritas are excellent at Blizzard Beach. My husband and I enjoyed a daily afternoon margarita on our last visit to the world and found BB's to be the best (tried them everywhere!). Try enjoying your margarita at BB's while sitting in one of the "short chairs" with you feet dangling in the pool's waves. Less than two months to enjoy another!!!

The absolute best Margarita I've had is at Concourse Sreakhouse at CR. Its called a Contempo-rita. OMG it was amazing. Unfortunately they don't have it at the Outer Rim lounge but its worth a trip to Concourse. Beware though it is strong!!

My fav place for Margaritas is the stand outside of the Mexican pavillion. I always get a frozen fiesta 1st thing at Epcot.....call it tradition or call it "Mom needs a drink a.s.a.p. by noon" lol! :rotfl:
In Japan at Tepinyaki I had a Tokyo sunset and that was fantastic! I have also had a green gator (I think that's the name) poolside at POR and that was tasty as well.

I love Margs as well. Thanks for the thread! I shall endeavour to try a few of those out!

Thanks for this thread! I can't wait...47 days, 20 hours until my margarita in mexico! :cool1:

I love the Spoodle-rita at Spoodles on the Boardwalk. The best part of staying at BW or BC is knowing I don't have to drive home. Then I can have more than one! :goodvibes

thanks for the reviews! I am just thrilled to know that I am not the only one that has a magarita anywhere I can while on vacation. I love the margaritas at the mexican counter service Frozen and great on a hot day.

Thanks for the reviews. Can't stop thinking about them now. I think I will have to stop by the mexican cafe right by my house on the way home for a frozen margarita.

I remember being impressed with the mixed drinks at Jellyrolls and I also remember my wife got an incredible frozen mudslide at the House of Blues, so I'd be willing to bet that both of those places make a decent Margarita.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter