• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March Park Hours Updates

I have not seen anything budge on 3/23.
ETA: now I am seeing very sparse TSM in the 8:00 hour and very sparse Slinky in the 9:00 hour.

Last edited:
Several FPs just dropped for SDD in the 9am hour for 3/21. I wonder if they won’t be adding 8am’s to better accommodate the heavy rope drop crowds, and just added some extra 9am’s instead.

I had a 6:50pm TSM. Refreshed and had 3 times available - 8am, 2:30pm and 4:30pm.

I've gone from
Saucers 5:50-650
TSM 6:50-7:50
Fantasmic 7:50 - 8:05

to
TSM 8am
MFSR 10:05am
Saucers 5:50pm
Ditch that saucers. Don’t tie a FP up til 6 pm. Put anything you can get in that 9 am slot and burn all 3, then stalk like a madman once you tap in to MFSR. Stuff always comes up.

I will say this. For anyone with a trip in March who made FPs at 60 days out, this is going to be the most bizarre FP selection process ever. First was the addition of MFSR and the tier changes, then the addition of MMRR, and then the park hours changes. When the dust settles I will probably have completely different attractions and times than I originally selected.

Just wait until they randomly throw 3 anytime tier 2 fastpasses at you and everyone else.

Wondering if I should pack it in for tonight. Hoping to move up my 3:30 MMRR to sometime in the morning (3/24).

I haven't seen any movement on Tier 1s for 3/22. I'm looking to bump my MFSR as close to opening as possible. Packing it in for the night, hoping for some Disney magic tomorrow!

This is very frustrating. Disney states FPs open at 7 a.m. EST and that is what we have been molded to in order to plan our trips. But now they want to randomly change park hours (I have been getting up every morning for the past 3 weeks checking) but still not open FPs. I tried calling but the CM was clueless and did not understand my issue. Shame on Disney - this is poor customer service. I don't have time to stalk your website.

This is very frustrating. Disney states FPs open at 7 a.m. EST and that is what we have been molded to in order to plan our trips. But now they want to randomly change park hours (I have been getting up every morning for the past 3 weeks checking) but still not open FPs. I tried calling but the CM was clueless and did not understand my issue. Shame on Disney - this is poor customer service. I don't have time to stalk your website.

Disney has been randomly making park hour changes for as long as I can remember. There are major changes going on right now so it seems excessive. But given a choice, I’ll take extending hours last minute over not extending them at all any day of the week.

If you don’t have time to stalk for the additional hour, just book your FP as though it wasn’t happening. That’s how mine are booked now as I didn’t know at 60 that they’d extend. If I can grab something to move mine up, I will. If not, no big deal. It’s just an hour, there won’t be that many additional FPS issued. But it’s a bonus opportunity for those booking at 30 days and under for FPS that are not normally available to them.

Disney has been randomly making park hour changes for as long as I can remember. There are major changes going on right now so it seems excessive. But given a choice, I’ll take extending hours last minute over not extending them at all any day of the week.

If you don’t have time to stalk for the additional hour, just book your FP as though it wasn’t happening. That’s how mine are booked now as I didn’t know at 60 that they’d extend. If I can grab something to move mine up, I will. If not, no big deal. It’s just an hour, there won’t be that many additional FPS issued. But it’s a bonus opportunity for those booking at 30 days and under for FPS that are not normally available to them.

It's not that I don't appreciate it, but its the inconsistency of their own rules is my issue. I have been going to Disney with 20+ trips of experience. What I have an issue with is the random times instead of the consistency of updates at 7 a.m. EST. I have my FPs booked but with the high demand some of my times are not optimal and are not our normal vacation pattern.

This is my vacation and I shouldn't have to work this hard.

It's not that I don't appreciate it, but its the inconsistency of their own rules is my issue. I have been going to Disney with 20+ trips of experience. What I have an issue with is the random times instead of the consistency of updates at 7 a.m. EST. I have my FPs booked but with the high demand some of my times are not optimal and are not our normal vacation pattern.

They have never, as far as I know, done updates at 7am. Sure, you can start booking your initial FPs at 7am (30 or 60 days out depending on off or on-site) but never have they done (or said they were doing) updates at 7am.

I'm not sure what you mean about 7am updates.

I understand the frustration of last minute changes, but that's just what you have to put up with to see improvements. I started out 60 days ago with a set plan after booking our FP's. Then they opened SR for FP and I had to change a lot of stuff to work in that FP. Gave it maybe a couple of weeks and they released FP's for MMRR- scrapped plan 2. They didn't extend park hours as I expected, so had to change our strategy for getting a BG. Now they've changed park hours and I'm back to the previous plan, juggling things around. And that's just the way it is while they sort through all the changes. The only way to get consistency is to never change and I'd really dislike that.

I noticed some TZToT FP's during the 8am hour; I don't think anyone mentioned that. So so far, it looks like TSM & TZToT only.

I have been checking for 3/21 and 3/23 since the time changed yesterday and have not seen a single pre-9 am time. How are they possibly all gone already?

I have been checking for 3/21 and 3/23 since the time changed yesterday and have not seen a single pre-9 am time. How are they possibly all gone already?
I’ve been watching closely as well for 3/20 and 3/21. All I’ve seen are a very limited number of TSMM. My watch has been for MMRR, wanting to move what I have up. I’ve seen none. I don’t think much has dropped yet.

I’ve been watching closely as well for 3/20 and 3/21. All I’ve seen are a very limited number of TSMM. My watch has been for MMRR, wanting to move what I have up. I’ve seen none. I don’t think much has dropped yet.

Some MMRR in the 9:30am hour for 3/21 dropped yesterday afternoon along with MFSR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter