• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2016 Pre Trip and Trip reports

Sounds like a good reason to wait.

Glad you made it in safely.

Avoiding the mess on I4 is well worth the price of the Sunpass to me. Coming in on the Western Way avoids a lot of the congestion. Which way do you come in Paul?

Coming in from the North.

Even all the way down from NEPA, I don't have a toll. I was actually surprised the first time I made the trip down with no Tolls. Pleasantly surprised though.

Thanks for the SunPass info. I will get it all set up before we leave home. We are going back in July, so this will be handy for us to have. We go into Disney using 429, any way, I think that's the number..lol

Had to go get the RV to save it from floodwaters here in Louisiana. Where we store it is about 15 miles from our house and the floodwaters are making it very difficult to travel anywhere. We were afraid if we didn't go get it that we would not be able to go get it and in the end we may need it to stay in here. If the bayous and rivers around us rise much more, we could seriously be in a much worse situation and not have power...We live on a bayou and we are praying that the river doesn't get higher and go over levee and dump in our bayou, bc if it does, our home could be in trouble:( Our bayou is making national news bc it has never been this high before. The bayous in Monroe, LA are flooding just about every neighborhood. We got over 22" of rain in 48 hours. It's so sad here, I have been scrambling to get clothes, linens, towels, you name it for family in our church and school that have lost everything in their homes.

Anyway, now that the RV is at home, I will start loading it back up for the trip to FL when I get a chance. I am in the mode of washing all the linens now and getting them back on the bunks and beds.
My 4 year old has asked me a hundreds times since we now have the RV at home..."Is it time to go to Mickeytown?" That's what he calls it.

Stay dry and safe, CruisingCamper. We had something similar here around Christmas. Flooding never seen before on many of the creeks and smaller rivers.

Hopefully things go down as fast as they are going up and the emergency has cleared before it's time to head to the Fort.

j

I'm starting to put things in the Suburban (my tow vehicle) this weekend as I think of them.

That means I'll commute to work back and forth for 4 days with that stuff in my car and I could instead put them on a list and do it all on Thursday but I might lose the list between now and then.

Making plans to help this big trip come together. There are lots of moving parts that are, well, in motion.

Hope the weather hold both here on departure morning (Friday) and on the way down.

Bama Ed

Had to go get the RV to save it from floodwaters here in Louisiana. Where we store it is about 15 miles from our house and the floodwaters are making it very difficult to travel anywhere. We were afraid if we didn't go get it that we would not be able to go get it and in the end we may need it to stay in here. If the bayous and rivers around us rise much more, we could seriously be in a much worse situation and not have power...We live on a bayou and we are praying that the river doesn't get higher and go over levee and dump in our bayou, bc if it does, our home could be in trouble:( Our bayou is making national news bc it has never been this high before. The bayous in Monroe, LA are flooding just about every neighborhood. We got over 22" of rain in 48 hours. It's so sad here, I have been scrambling to get clothes, linens, towels, you name it for family in our church and school that have lost everything in their homes.

The flooding in most of LA is 'very' bad. We have been in Satsuma (between Hammond and BR) in our MH at my sister's house for 1 1/2 weeks. Bro. in law died, trying to help sis resettle. We were all surrounded by flood waters, but thankfully did not get in their house - some neighbors flooded though (S. Satsuma Rd.) Some of our friends also flooded near the Tangipahoa River. It is so sad. We finally were able to leave on I-12 and one lane of it was flooded also - many roads are still impassible. 19.1 inches rain recorded at the Hammond airport.

That means I'll commute to work back and forth for 4 days with that stuff in my car and I could instead put them on a list and do it all on Thursday but I might lose the list between now and then.

Sounds like me. The older I get the more I forget.

Had a great time visiting with my parents and sister in Destin. We are starting to get the car packed and ready to get over to the Fort. We will be leaving here about 10:30 pm local time, giving me a few minutes of rest if needed before pulling into the Fort at 6:05 tomorrow morning.

My sister just informed me they will be joining us! She just booked the 23rd - 26th, full hookup site. She always gets so lucky to book at the last minute. I have been trying for over a week to add the 23rd to our reservation with no luck, she tries this morning and gets it! They do have a preferred or tent site for the 23rd, but it's not worth it for one night to switch sites. I will just keep trying.

Wow! I am so excited! Got on-line this morning and got my preferred site changed to a premium site, so I don't have to pick up and move during our trip!

Sorry to have hi-jacked the thread with all of my flooding talk...I guess that's pretty depressing and this is suppose to be about happy travels to the Fort!

We did start cleaning the RV last evening. I got all the kids clothing drawers cleaned out and all their clothes packed back in for the trip. I also got all the "swimming" stuff that we had taken to Hawaii put back in just in case it's warm enough for the kids to swim. We got all the bedding loaded back in, but I still need to get them back on the beds.

We head out on Good Friday, but won't be pulling in to the Fort until Tuesday. We will go through South La and stay for Easter at my parents house.

I need to start making lists!

Do any of you decorate your sites with any particular theme? or your golf cart? I want to get some battery operated lights for our cart and our site is LSU, and Disney:) it's a combination. I really want a Mickey Lamp!

The flooding in most of LA is 'very' bad. We have been in Satsuma (between Hammond and BR) in our MH at my sister's house for 1 1/2 weeks. Bro. in law died, trying to help sis resettle. We were all surrounded by flood waters, but thankfully did not get in their house - some neighbors flooded though (S. Satsuma Rd.) Some of our friends also flooded near the Tangipahoa River. It is so sad. We finally were able to leave on I-12 and one lane of it was flooded also - many roads are still impassible. 19.1 inches rain recorded at the Hammond airport.

So sorry to hear about your sisters house, it's all just so surreal.

When do you head to Fort?

Wow! I am so excited! Got on-line this morning and got my preferred site changed to a premium site, so I don't have to pick up and move during our trip!

Sorry to have hi-jacked the thread with all of my flooding talk...I guess that's pretty depressing and this is suppose to be about happy travels to the Fort!

We did start cleaning the RV last evening. I got all the kids clothing drawers cleaned out and all their clothes packed back in for the trip. I also got all the "swimming" stuff that we had taken to Hawaii put back in just in case it's warm enough for the kids to swim. We got all the bedding loaded back in, but I still need to get them back on the beds.

We head out on Good Friday, but won't be pulling in to the Fort until Tuesday. We will go through South La and stay for Easter at my parents house.

I need to start making lists!

Do any of you decorate your sites with any particular theme? or your golf cart? I want to get some battery operated lights for our cart and our site is LSU, and Disney:) it's a combination. I really want a Mickey Lamp!

Yes, we decorate our site and cart. And yes, gotta have a Mickey Lamp. I got mine for Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter