Marathon Weekend 2021

Random question for my fellow runDisney all-stars: I'm moving into my new apartment this week and I'd like to display some of my race medals to make it feel a little more like home. Because it's a rental, I don't want to damage the walls, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for displaying some medals?

Right now, I don't see myself going the shadow box route. Looking for simple, DIY sort of ideas, but I fully recognize that options might not exist.
A wooden ladder against the wall and hang it off the rungs

I am late as usual, but the wooden ladder is exactly how I display mine in our apartment currently. I also think this will be super easy to move when the time comes because I plan to move it with them still on it. My dad and I built it out of three 8 foot 2x4s and it was super easy!

SAFD: this is a fun one and we talk about it often at our house!

DH wants to mow the grass.
In-park: I want to sell balloons and bubble wands. Mainly because I can watch people smile and get excited about something, yet not have to enforce any rules (I'm awful at that)

Behind the scenes: Photographer for all marketing purposes. DREAM JOB. It's my real job here at home so I at least have some experience for this one.

SAFD : First choice would probably be safari guide mainly because that is a ride that is or can be different each time based on what animals are out or are not so would be more fun then reciting the exact same thing every time trip.

Second would be ROTR especially in one area where the CMs are really in-character and have some room to improv some (no spoilers so I'll leave it at that)

SAFD: I talk all day and 80% of it is terrible dad jokes, so I'd be in my element on Jungle Cruise. Would love to be a safari driver though because ANIMALS!, and getting to sit down and talk to people who want to listen to me. I'd always thought working in the little tea shop in England or another calm one like outfitters in Canada seemed rather peaceful.

SAFD: I talk all day and 80% of it is terrible dad jokes, so I'd be in my element on Jungle Cruise. Would love to be a safari driver though because ANIMALS!, and getting to sit down and talk to people who want to listen to me. I'd always thought working in the little tea shop in England or another calm one like outfitters in Canada seemed rather peaceful.

One job for talking to people would be HoP. Most everytime I've gone there is some guy in the lobby with all these facts on the presidents who will chat with people while they wait on the show. They always looked like they really enjoyed what they did.

One job for talking to people would be HoP. Most everytime I've gone there is some guy in the lobby with all these facts on the presidents who will chat with people while they wait on the show. They always looked like they really enjoyed what they did.

Usually HoP and American adventure are my prime napping spots so I'd have to get over the desire to sleep on the job :)

SAFD: I would love to be a dancer/performer in the MK parade

Good call...if they need a middle-age no-longer-limber person to wave a ribbon or something then I'm all in. I'm at least good at covering the walking mileage.

SAFD: The guy who puts up the lights on the castle...nevermind :(

1 - Vet tech or whatever the Disney equivalent is for Animal Kingdom.
2 - Wild Africa Trek tour guide
3 - Monorail pilot
4 - Gardener in The Land
5 - Stable hand @ Tri-Circle-D
6 - RunDisney staff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter