Marathon Weekend 2021

Disney:

Star Wars. Just because its the only weekend left standing I haven't done yet.

Non-Disney:

Boston
Tokyo
Honolulu
London (round 2)
Another ultra with a nice time limit

On an unrelated note I didn't see it get mentioned here but the registration window did that thing again earlier where it opened briefly and then promptly closed again

I think it’s the Marathon du Medoc. Seems like quite the experience with wine, cheese, steak, oysters and orchestras.

That’s the one! It’s held in early Sept, which means it’s often quite warm. 6-8000 participants, all dressed in whatever the costume theme that year is, spending the day in a giant party with wine tasting at every water stop. I was signed up for 2019 but had to drop when we moved. Our group skipped 2020 and will try again for 2021.

That’s the one! It’s held in early Sept, which means it’s often quite warm. 6-8000 participants, all dressed in whatever the costume theme that year is, spending the day in a giant party with wine tasting at every water stop. I was signed up for 2019 but had to drop when we moved. Our group skipped 2020 and will try again for 2021.

Looks like 2020 was delayed (not surprisingly) Maybe 2022 for us then since 2021 is the same time as when we'll do another bucket race - Rhodesian Ridgeback Endurance Trial - 12 mile run with the dogs in Seven Springs, Pa. While Shaun will run that - it requires a sub-10 pace, so I'll bike to make sure my the dog I'm racing qualifies.

SAFD:

Couldn’t really come up with an answer for this one. I’d run any Disney race if timing and circumstance worked out but I don’t have an overwhelming need to do any of them. I will continue going to Marathon Weekend every year because I love it. I’ll do whichever races speak to me when registration happens.

Outside of Disney I don’t really have any that I need to run either. I’d like to qualify for Boston sometime (I’m nowhere close); but even if that pipe dream were to come true I don’t have an overwhelming urge to run the actual race. My social anxiety has a lot to do with that. Im not good with big cities, just thinking of setting up lodging and transportation to a location like that stresses me out.

Looks like 2020 was delayed (not surprisingly) Maybe 2022 for us then since 2021 is the same time as when we'll do another bucket race - Rhodesian Ridgeback Endurance Trial - 12 mile run with the dogs in Seven Springs, Pa. While Shaun will run that - it requires a sub-10 pace, so I'll bike to make sure my the dog I'm racing qualifies.

hey - I'm not far from there (ok, like an hour!). I have heard hellish things about their Mud on the Mountain run. I've only gone to Seven Springs for a company Christmas party and high school FBLA finals. :crazy:

Speaking of races...
Has anyone ever had a favorite or cool number issued for their race bib?
I'm assuming many that post here (like myself) aren't assigned single digit numbers for a race.
Most times my race number is perfunctory. I would love my birthday just once.
My favorite number was 3004 for a half marathon in Sydney, Australia.
That range was actually for the elites. I was working in town and discovered the race late.
The elite guy bailed and I got his number.
Sadly, his elite status was revoked shortly thereafter for some reason?
1589944085846.png

Speaking of races...
I'm assuming many that post here (like myself) aren't assigned single digit numbers for a race.
That range was actually for the elites. I was working in town and discovered the race late.
View attachment 495729
I got my birth year once. That was pretty cool.

My first Disney race was the now-gone Minnie 15k. I got the number 696, which happens to be the highway that I took to work every day. I thought this was cool, plus it's a palindrome, which I like. I don't save most bibs, and had thought this one gone, but awhile back I found it.

Speaking of races...

In my November 2019 marathon, I got the number 249. That's also my house number, so I thought that was an odd coincidence!

My PR is from that race - not as fast as I wanted - but I felt good during the race. I do attribute some of that to my bib number!

Speaking of races...
View attachment 495729
My favorite lol.
8E240A9D-7F95-44C1-915B-8D3F2AEB2B21.jpeg

Speaking of races...
View attachment 495729
I've gotten 360 and 10001, last being the first bib for a local 10k.

A couple of years ago for the Track Shack race series DH and I had bib numbers of 1072 and 1069, respectively. 72 is his birth year and 69 is mine. Since we were signed up for the whole series, we had the same number for all 6 races. It was pretty cool. Since then we've had random numbers for the series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter