Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD:

Disney:
Take part in each race experience offered by runDisney
Current focus is getting in my first marathon and first Dopey - Registered for Dopey2021!

Non-Disney:
Marine Corps - Pay tribute to my Father (Retired Master Gunnery Sergeant) who passed away in 1999.

I am sure more races will end up on my Radar as this addiction grows.

Really cool to see so many people interested in the National Park Half Marathon series. I’ve run Grand Canyon, Grand Teton, Rocky Mountain and Zion so far. They were all incredible in their own way but Zion had the course I’m most eager to return to, and Glacier and Yosemite are next whenever it’s possible to resume holding those races.You won’t be disappointed.

Run Disney:
Marathon/Goofy/Dopey. I’m finally at the point of wanting to try 26.2 and experience marathon weekend a little differently from my routine of doing the half marathon every year

Other Races:
NYC (of course this was the year I got in on lottery. Life is strange.)
Bolder Boulder
3M Half Marathon (always conflicts with marathon weekend recovery)
Cap 10K (always conflicts with work)
Twin Cities 10M

I've been trying to figure out what costume I would like that would be best aided by a mask, that was never an option before. Mostly I was thinking fur characters.

It would also be a great time for a Buzz Lightyear costume if you could actually feed air into the thing!
I'm just looking at a coordinated mask instead of trying to incorporate it. My costume is Figment, so I'm trying to decide whether I prefer to borrow my housemate's rainbow mask to reference the light tunnel, or if I want to order a purple mask from Bolder Athletic Wear to match the skirt I got from them (also thinking I might order purple sleeves that I can either wear or leave in the hotel room depending on weather).

I've thought about getting a purple mask and painting Figment's nose and mouth on it, but I can't decide if that's cute or creepy.

SAFD: I've really only got two:
  1. WDW Marathon
  2. Glacier National Park half marathon

Really cool to see so many people interested in the National Park Half Marathon series. I’ve run Grand Canyon, Grand Teton, Rocky Mountain and Zion so far. They were all incredible in their own way but Zion had the course I’m most eager to return to, and Glacier and Yosemite are next whenever it’s possible to resume holding those races.You won’t be disappointed.

I went to Zion a couple years ago and just fell in love. I’d love to run it once.

SAFD:
Disney: I’ve only done Marathon weekend, so any of the others (and I really wish they would bring back things like the Expedition Everest Challenge and Tower of Terror Ten miler. Those would have been fun to participate in)
Non-Disney: A half marathon somewhere along a coastline would be fun. I don’t have a specific one in mind yet.

SAFD:
Disney:
I have had the good fortune to run all of the current races. Dopey is my current favorite and I would like to go back to Paris, especially after having to cancel out trip for September.

Non-disney:
Comrades
Tarawera 100
Key100 (again next year)
Quebec City
Banff
UTMB
Last Annual Vol State
Zion 100k or 100m

SAFD:

Disney - Definitely the CA races!!!!

non-Disney -
Chicago....although I did defer my 2020 to 2021 so that will get crossed off
RD Paris - DH said we can include it during our 20 year anniversary europe trip
Something in or around a national park
Ragnar Relay
London Marathon
Reykjavik Half or Full
Something scenic in Russia
Something scenic in Finland

SAFD:

Disney:
Princess Weekend (Gigi wants to run this weekend some day)

non-Disney:
Boston Marathon
Tokyo Marathon
London Marathon
Paris Marathon
Eugene Marathon
A marathon in Hawaii (Steph's vote)
A marathon in California (Steph's vote)
A marathon in Iceland (Steph's vote)
7 M, 7 Days, 7 Continents (If my body can take it, and if I could afford it)
MadCity Ultra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter