June 1 is...not ideal. Travel day for me on the way back from a guy trip to Utah and Vegas. I’m relatively certain Dopey won’t sell out that day, but registering that night will make me nervous until it’s done.

On the bright side, I hope to have a shiny new PR to plug in by then.
It just said "more info to share on June 1st" they wouldn't open registration on that day.

I'm officially in for 5k, 10k, and marathon through a TA. I am done with runDisney's crap and wanted this off my plate.

Dont get me wrong, moving away from Active could be great, but ... I'm a software engineer. I've seen firsthand how badly websites can be built, especially when there's a deadline. I'll take the devil I know over the devil I don't.

June 1 is...not ideal. Travel day for me on the way back from a guy trip to Utah and Vegas. I’m relatively certain Dopey won’t sell out that day, but registering that night will make me nervous until it’s done.

Never mind. I think I read that wrong. Info on registration June 1, not the actual registration.

I don't think registration will be on June 1st. I think on June 1st they are going to give the dates for the registrations :)

Dawn

I definitely think they are trying to push most to TAs and getting people in packages. Of course this is the one race weekend that I want to stay off site in a condo.

Wow June 1st.... that’s crazy.

I definitely think they are working to move away from Active. They obviously couldn’t get it done in time for Wine and Dine.

Because I just like adding to the chaos...

Do you think I'll be ok waiting until June (or whenever online packages are released) to book my room/package for marathon weekend?

I contacted Disney about this just yesterday, and was told that you are able to book "room only" by phone. They are still finalizing "Magic Your Way" packages and expect online booking to be available early summer.

ETA: The only "normal" for runDisney is that there is no normal. But yes, this has happened before. ;)

Thank you for the input and help!

This looks like a solo trip since my wife and kids looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested we all do it :). That in mind I have seen many thoughts on the value hotels on this board. I stayed at Pop last year and it was fine, anyone have a suggestion for a better Disney "value" hotel? I travel almost every week and typically stay at Hilton's but really liked staying on property for the race weekend.

Uh oh this gives me a lot of time to chicken out! I’m tempted to go through a TA but I don’t really want a package since I’m not sure what my family is doing yet.

I’ll just focus on my October half for now.

I'm officially in for 5k, 10k, and marathon through a TA. I am done with runDisney's crap and wanted this off my plate.

Dont get me wrong, moving away from Active could be great, but ... I'm a software engineer. I've seen firsthand how badly websites can be built, especially when there's a deadline. I'll take the devil I know over the devil I don't.
Good for you! I, on the other hand, am gonna hold out. My main reason for not going TA is I am planning on booking a dirt cheap hotel off site to save money. So I think I am going to just book the hotel now and not worry about all the cheap places getting sold out.

This definitely helps the bank account! But I really don't want to chicken out of Dopey. I've already booked my room through DVC Rental Store and THANKFULLY bought the insurance package thingy!

Good for you! I, on the other hand, am gonna hold out. My main reason for not going TA is I am planning on booking a dirt cheap hotel off site to save money. So I think I am going to just book the hotel now and not worry about all the cheap places getting sold out.

I’ve already had our condo reservation for 2 months. Found something that was below our budget and went through with reserving it.

I'm kind of happy about the registration being pushed back too. I've been nervous about the tendinitis so I'm hoping I'll be able to have run more and be more confident that I'm healthy by then :) I'm nervous signing up for the full when I haven't been able to run for a month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter