Got my answer. From the Run Disney website:
UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We are working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, registration for the 2018-19 Walt Disney World race event weekends will be temporarily delayed; however, all races are still scheduled for this season as planned. Registration for this summer's Virtual Running Shorts Series and the June 5K will open on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon ET. We apologize for the delay and will have more information to share on June 1 regarding registration for all remaining races.

So any confirmation on early registration today? Or do I have to wait 5 minutes to find out?
Still nothing on the DVC page. I’m guessing Thursday is still the plan?

Never mind...I guess we’re waiting until June!

June 1st, over a month and a half away, that’s craziness!

Oh well, my home resort is booked and my training plan doesn’t begin until September.

Anyone happen to remember when registration opened for older race weekends - say 2013 or earlier? In general, I like the idea of moving them a bit closer to the actual race weekends. Though I'm irrationally annoyed that they advertised a date and are delaying it... again. :rotfl:

Wow, being somewhat new to Run Disney, is this a normal occurrence for them to push registration so far?

Also, looking to book a Disney hotel, can anyone tell me when they open rooms for January 2019?

Wow, being somewhat new to Run Disney, is this a normal occurrence for them to push registration so far?

Also, looking to book a Disney hotel, can anyone tell me when they open rooms for January 2019?

I contacted Disney about this just yesterday, and was told that you are able to book "room only" by phone. They are still finalizing "Magic Your Way" packages and expect online booking to be available early summer.

ETA: The only "normal" for runDisney is that there is no normal. But yes, this has happened before. ;)

I've been doing Goofy or Dopey every year it has been offered. This would be the latest they have opened registration in my memory. Back in the day the races did not sell out immediately. Generally registration was in March or April.

I know Princess and Marathon weekends are 2 different animals, but opening registration for Princess 2017 was in July 2016, which seemed like the perfect amount of time. Then the next year, registration dates were insanely early. People registered for Marathon Weekend 2018 before Princess 2017 even happened.
If I can register for Marathon Weekend in June, I think that'll be a good amount of time!

June 1 is...not ideal. Travel day for me on the way back from a guy trip to Utah and Vegas. I’m relatively certain Dopey won’t sell out that day, but registering that night will make me nervous until it’s done.

On the bright side, I hope to have a shiny new PR to plug in by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter