Marathon Weekend 2017!

I wonder if I ask for the gift card and then use it to apply to the Dark side challenge and pay the rest on my own if that would work?

BTW, I am new to runDisney but what is a race certificate?
A race certificate is just a page you can print out with your race times on it. It says you completed whatever race or challenge you participated in. You can see yours on the results page of the rundisney site.

I wonder if I ask for the gift card and then use it to apply to the Dark side challenge and pay the rest on my own if that would work?
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you can't apply the gift card to the actual race registration since the payment there goes through Active.com. We figure it will still work out for us because we can use the gift card to either apply toward hotel, tickets, or food and merchandise while there that weekend.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you can't apply the gift card to the actual race registration since the payment there goes through Active.com. We figure it will still work out for us because we can use the gift card to either apply toward hotel, tickets, or food and merchandise while there that weekend.

Oh darn! That's right! I forgot about Active.

A race certificate is just a page you can print out with your race times on it. It says you completed whatever race or challenge you participated in. You can see yours on the results page of the rundisney site.

Thanks!

Well, got one of the e gift cards, but still need the one for my DH. I'm glad I read on here to go ahead and email because I was just sort of expecting it to show up. I emailed on Monday, so they are responding pretty quickly after you contact them.

I received my email this morning saying they are working on my request to transfer to Wine and Dine 2017 and will let me know soon. I am just fine if I can't get in but thought since it was "free" and I am an AP holder thru the beginning of February 2018 that it was a good weekend trip to try. Plus I am still not sure if I want to do the half or *gasp* try the full for WDW 2018 so not sure I want to go with a WDW transfer with that still floating around in my head. We will see! I am just really happy that they gave us any options to be honest, and I am all good with whatever they are able to do for me.

I received my email this morning saying they are working on my request to transfer to Wine and Dine 2017 and will let me know soon. I am just fine if I can't get in but thought since it was "free" and I am an AP holder thru the beginning of February 2018 that it was a good weekend trip to try. Plus I am still not sure if I want to do the half or *gasp* try the full for WDW 2018 so not sure I want to go with a WDW transfer with that still floating around in my head. We will see! I am just really happy that they gave us any options to be honest, and I am all good with whatever they are able to do for me.
Go for the full--you can do it! You have almost a year to prepare.

Go for the full--you can do it! You have almost a year to prepare.
Thanks! I am seriously leaning that way but have some self doubt about my discipline to training and cross training and all that. If I do it, I want to do it right! I think if I do get into Wine and Dine that will push me to do it, since I will be in full blown training mode during summer anyways. :yay:

I finally emailed them since I couldnt get a feel for if people were automatically getting a e gift card for dopey / goofy, or since they offered some other stuff if you had to email them.. Havent gotten anything back except the generic "we got your email" email.. That was 3 or 4 days ago..

I emailed as well before we got our giftcards. I think it took 4 days before we got them, so you should be getting them soon.

@team weasel @Mulan2

Got my response this morning, so maybe you did as well or it will be right around the corner. No dice on the transfer to Dopey as we'd previously been told (taken with a grain of salt), so swapping our request over to the refund.

I also got my first email yesterday asking me for my top 3 choices, with W&D 2017 being our #1. I responded a couple of hours later and then got my second response today saying they are doing their best to see if they can get me into W&D 2017. We'll see how long it takes to get that confirmation but I'm hoping to possibly upgrade it to the challenge so we'll see if they let us (with us paying the difference of course).

Has anyone else not received their gift card for the cancelled half?

I have not. I think RunDisney screwed up with their dithering back and forth between gift card only with no actions needed and then adding options for Goofy/Dopey runners. I finally broke down and e-mailed them asking if I needed to do anything to get my gift card. They countered with an e-mail asking which option I wanted, gift card or park ticket. Seriously?! :confused3

I have not. I think RunDisney screwed up with their dithering back and forth between gift card only with no actions needed and then adding options for Goofy/Dopey runners. I finally broke down and e-mailed them asking if I needed to do anything to get my gift card. They countered with an e-mail asking which option I wanted, gift card or park ticket. Seriously?! :confused3
I think they just want to make sure you know your options and that you choose one so they have that on record that you chose one.

I think they just want to make sure you know your options and that you choose one so they have that on record that you chose one.
I am a little more skeptical. I think that they are hoping that some people do nothing, and those people may receive nothing.

I'm thinking that they just didn't bother to read my e-mail and hit a button to send me a form response. I think it's pretty clear what I was expecting from them:

"Dear RunDisney,
I have not yet received the gift card refund for my entry into the cancelled 2017 WDW Half Marathon. Do you need any further action from me to issue the refund? I was a Dopey Challenge runner, so I thought the gift card was to be sent automatically per the e-mail you sent on 01/07/17. Here is my information:"

I am a little more skeptical. I think that they are hoping that some people do nothing, and those people may receive nothing.
It's possible but with the amount of people that need to be processed for whatever option they use it's going to take time. Emailing them first probably makes that process go faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter