• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume THREE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I saw the Thumper 321 (Aiden's) family at the Castle at GKTW this morning. They are having a wonderful time. They were making pillows and my talking with them may have decreased the number of "making the pillows" pictures she will have to share. But, it was a real pleasure for me, after having read their ptr, to actually meet them. Aiden's star will be hung tonight.

I wasn't going to tell them that you were responsible for the lack of pictures. :rotfl: No, seriously, we still got several good pictures of the pillow making. And we were so glad that we got to meet you! It's so wonderful how things work out sometimes. As you said, our schedule shouldn't have had us at GKTW at the same time you were there. But I'm just so happy that the rain changed it up enough for us to meet. And I'm not sure if I told you in person, but thank you so much for all that you do as a GKTW volunteer! Our week was truly magical, and a huge part of that is because of all the volunteers! So, thank you!

COOL! Gotta love the meets!

AWW.. So glad they arrived safely :-)

Yay for their arrival! I hope we get to have some Dis meet's too:) That is awsome!:cool1:

Oh, that is sooooo awesome!!! I am so happy to hear they are having a great time!!!! Makes me excited!!!!

I just now read these, since they were several pages back! :rolleyes1 Sorry, guys! We did have a great time, and got to meet several Disers -- Piper and family, Gavin and family, and Katie! It really was great to actually meet everybody!

I don't know if this has been discussed before or not....so forgive me if it has!!

Does anyone have any experience or know how it works at any of the water parks if you are a wish family??

I thought someone had mentioned before that GKTW has passes for families to Aquatica as well?? Can anyone confirm?

TIA!!

Not sure if this has been answered since we've been away and I'm way behind, but you can definitely get tickets to Aquatica from GKTW. They ask that you let them know a day in advance. They will print a confirmation letter and give it to you. You will use this for admission. I am not sure how the lines and such work there, though. It was much too cold while we were there to try and do a water park. I do know that SeaWorld was a great experience for us. SeaWorld has 'Quick Queue' which is the equivalent of Disney's Fast Pass. I'm assuming Aquatica would work on the same system. Anyway, our GKTW button allowed us to use the Quick Queue lines, and bypass most of the wait. Since all Disney parks operate on the Fast Pass system, and all Universal Parks use the Universal Express system, I would think that all SeaWorld Parks would use the Quick Queue system. But, this is an assumption, so please don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work that way. ;)

I would love to write a letter to PhotoPass. Ours is on the way, and I can't wait to receive it. I'm going to be writing a lot of thank you notes this week (and maybe even next), and I'll be more than happy to send one to PhotoPass if you'll PM me their address. ( I never got your phone number PM, so if it's not working, my email is Thumper321@aol.com)

Miranda - I am SOOOOOO sorry I never responded to this!

I think our posts crossed when I was replying to all of those and I simply didn't see it!

I will put the address right here for everyone to be able to write a letter! :)

Disney PhotoPass
Attention: Public Relations
200 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Thank you so much for writing to them! I think it will make a huge impact on those that made this decision regarding the PhotoPass.

So...did they give you something there that explained it? It is officially started, then, right?

So...did they give you something there that explained it? It is officially started, then, right?

On our fourth day there, they called our villa and said that Disney was offering a new Photo Pass program and if we were interested to call Guest Services. When I called, they told me we could pick up info at the House of Hearts. We did, and it was a letter with a code on it to enter when I ordered it online. However, when we picked the letter up, there was some confusion, as they said that it should've been in our Orientation packet. So, I'm guessing that it just 'officially' started last week. But I'm so excited! Our CD is ordered and I can't wait to get it. And for those wondering, they do cover standard shipping with the code as well. It is a one time use code and takes $149.95 off the CD and $2.00 off for shipping. Resulting in a totally free Photo Pass CD for GKTW families. :woohoo:

On our fourth day there, they called our villa and said that Disney was offering a new Photo Pass program and if we were interested to call Guest Services. When I called, they told me we could pick up info at the House of Hearts. We did, and it was a letter with a code on it to enter when I ordered it online. However, when we picked the letter up, there was some confusion, as they said that it should've been in our Orientation packet. So, I'm guessing that it just 'officially' started last week. But I'm so excited! Our CD is ordered and I can't wait to get it. And for those wondering, they do cover standard shipping with the code as well. It is a one time use code and takes $149.95 off the CD and $2.00 off for shipping. Resulting in a totally free Photo Pass CD for GKTW families. :woohoo:

Remember to PRINT a copy of the photo release - it is on the cd - and take it WITH YOU to the photo finisher. Most of them require it before they will hand over your photos. Also, check the sizes of the photos on your computer - some of them are NOT sized 4x6 and the content will be seriously cropped if you print them at that size.

Wow, it's been ages since I've posted. Wish Trippers Volume III? That is amazing! I found some notes cleaning out my office that reminded me that I never finished Evan's TR. Life grabbed us and has taken us for quite a ride since my last post in July 2008. First thing's first...Evan is doing well. He took a serious dive in August 2008 and all attention went to making sure he got better, this is why I never finished my TR. He's finally in remission, but has since lost all of his teeth. Vision in both of his eyes has come and gone, but has returned again. He will be 12 next month and is back in school full time, though he's behind nearly 3 years. In all of the hustle and such, my husband and I welcomed our own little one who will be celebrating her first birthday, this August at CRT. It took a LOT to get her here, and I'm so glad she's finally here.

My TR is locked somehow. I can't add more to it. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can finish it?

I've got so much reading to catch up on now that we're in Volume III. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's doing, reading trip reports that were just trips in planning, and of course available to help anyone who is currently planning a trip.

Excited to be back,
Lottie

Wow, it's been ages since I've posted. Wish Trippers Volume III? That is amazing! I found some notes cleaning out my office that reminded me that I never finished Evan's TR. Life grabbed us and has taken us for quite a ride since my last post in July 2008. First thing's first...Evan is doing well. He took a serious dive in August 2008 and all attention went to making sure he got better, this is why I never finished my TR. He's finally in remission, but has since lost all of his teeth. Vision in both of his eyes has come and gone, but has returned again. He will be 12 next month and is back in school full time, though he's behind nearly 3 years. In all of the hustle and such, my husband and I welcomed our own little one who will be celebrating her first birthday, this August at CRT. It took a LOT to get her here, and I'm so glad she's finally here.

My TR is locked somehow. I can't add more to it. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can finish it?

I've got so much reading to catch up on now that we're in Volume III. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's doing, reading trip reports that were just trips in planning, and of course available to help anyone who is currently planning a trip.

Excited to be back,
Lottie

Hi Lottie, I have the same issue. I was just thinking that it was just over a year ago now that we took our wish trip and have been lurking a bit on the boards lately. Unfortunately, my son, Noah passed away a few months after our trip, so my trip report too, remains unfinished. I tried to post there the other day, but it too is locked. So I'm curious to know if there is a way revive the thread again.

Excited to be back,
Lottie

Hi Lottie :-)

So glad to hear Evan is in remission... :yay::hug:

He's

Hi Nichole ... I am so sorry to hear about your son. I am so glad he got to experience his wish trip though. I would love to hear all about your TR and see his pics :-)

Off to go read your PTR :-)
:hug::hug::hug:

Hey guys!

You both can PM a Mod on the Trip Report section and just send them the link to your trip report and ask them to unlock it. They will be more than happy to! :) They just lock them to sorta clean up the TR section every now and then.

Excited to be back,
Lottie

:wave2: Hello, Lottie! I am not sure that we ever really knew each other - so I would say :welcome: - but you are already a pro!

I am so glad your son is doing better!! :)

Hi Lottie, I have the same issue. I was just thinking that it was just over a year ago now that we took our wish trip and have been lurking a bit on the boards lately. Unfortunately, my son, Noah passed away a few months after our trip, so my trip report too, remains unfinished. I tried to post there the other day, but it too is locked. So I'm curious to know if there is a way revive the thread again.

:hug:

I would LOVE to see more on Noah's trip! I am sure it would be very bitter sweet to write it, but I hope that you write some as you can. :hug:

Sweet Noah was an amazing little boy. :littleangel:

For those of you guys that are not aware...that angel above is named "Noah" after Nichole's son, Noah. (If you run your mouse over the icon, it will come up as "Noah" in memory of Noah.)

That icon appeared on the DIS just a day or so after Noah passed away. :littleangel:

Thank you Miranda. I thought it looked ok to me too.

was it me that said that??

If so...it isn't that it isn't showing up - it is just that I have too many threads and they end up getting buried on my lists...does that make sense??

I currently have over 300 thread subscriptions (not all current!), but at any given time 10 or so may pop up and I can't read them all right then...so I end up missing something.

If I am "on" the DIS all day (off and on, really) then when I refresh my userCP, sometimes I miss a single post here and there on a thread...if it is bumped again, then I usually don't miss it over and over...usually. :upsidedow

but...I lost the question! What was the question?? I gotta go back and look. I am such a dork. :rolleyes:

ETA: Ok...I see your question was just to see if we could see the updates...I hope I sort of answered the question.

I think if you don't get any response on a post - go ahead and bump your thread so you can get an answer back. And I will run over there in a sec and make sure you don't have any lingering questions, etc.

Nichole... Are you on the CCAkids site? I Know I have seen Noah's blog before? Hum..

I hope you don't mind but you have a beautiful way of expressing your grief, I gave a friend of mine who just lost her son the end of December, he was also just 3 years old. Your blog site address :-):hug:

I wanted to thank all the ladies of the Big Give for the paver stone with Jonah's:littleangel: name on it. It means a lot to me that y'all are thinking about still. I got a certificate in the mail. Saturday 13, had been a year and it still touches my heart today with everything y'all did for us for his trip. I can't thank you enough and can't tell y'all how much it means to me.
I hope that one day that I'll be able to go see it in person. Y'all are the sweetest and most carring group i have ever gotten to know.

Thank you again

Becca

Hi Becca... I'm so sorry to hear about Jonah:littleangel:
I'd love to read your TR or PTR. Is it here somewhere?

I wanted to thank all the ladies of the Big Give for the paver stone with Jonah's:littleangel: name on it. It means a lot to me that y'all are thinking about still. I got a certificate in the mail. Saturday 13, had been a year and it still touches my heart today with everything y'all did for us for his trip. I can't thank you enough and can't tell y'all how much it means to me.
I hope that one day that I'll be able to go see it in person. Y'all are the sweetest and most carring group i have ever gotten to know.

Thank you again

Becca

BECCA!!!!

Hey!

It is blast from the past day!

How are you guys doing? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

It really took a long time for them to get them installed...but I am glad it was finally done for you guys.

I was able to get donations apart from the $800 we raised from the DIS of over $2000 to GKTW for more stones for any future DIS MAW :littleangel:'s. I hope we never have to request one...but we have enough money raised to quite a few.

I hope you are doing ok. I am sure there are bad days and good days and I hope the good days are starting to outweigh the bad ones. :hug:

Hi Becca... I'm so sorry to hear about Jonah:littleangel:
I'd love to read your TR or PTR. Is it here somewhere?

It is located on the first post of this thread...

I think his has an :littleangel: beside it to signify that he has earned his angel wings. :sad1:

there are definetly good days and bad days, but the good are starting to out weigh the bad. It's been a tough year. I don't want to go to much into right now, but the upside is I'm back school and getting my prereqs done for nursing school and living on my own again too.

It is so wonderful knowing that y'all have enough money raised and I hope y'all don't have to order any more. It amazes that y'all have such big hearts for families y'all don't get to meet. If I can ever help please let me know.

Thank you again

Becca

Hi Becca! It is really nice to "see" you again! Many hugs to you! I hope everything is starting to look up. Thank you again for blessing us with Jonah and sharing his story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter