Mailed stimulus check. How long?

Seems like a lot of people are getting a physical check regardless. We got our first stimulus direct deposit, paid our 2020 taxes via a direct withdrawal, and they’re mailing us a check.

That happened to my sister, too. She received her check earlier this week, I think.

We have not received ours (said 1/6 as well). No clue why this one was mailed. The first one was direct deposited and we have used the same bank account for taxes for at least 6 years.

Same here. First check was direct deposited and when I logged into the IRS site they had the correct bank info but said my check was mailed 1/6. Still have not received it.

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat.
*Michigander
*Check mailed 1/6 - haven't received it yet
*First check was direct deposit

yup - same here for several of us in MD.

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat.
*Michigander
*Check mailed 1/6 - haven't received it yet
*First check was direct deposit
Updated - we got ours today.
Now - if only I could understand why my teenage son got one during the first round, and not one this time.

Mine said it was mailed 1/6 and we got it several days ago (Monday or Tuesday, I think.) Ohio.

yeah, once mailed, up to the mail system in your area....2nd stimulus was based on 2019 return info. Ours was DD'd on the 4th

Ours said the same thing January 6.

Received it yesterday.

I did read checks mailed are taking longer.

Our first stimulus was a debit card - this time a check.

We are in the same boat.
*live in Texas
*Check mailed 1/6 - haven't received it yet (we have USPS informed delivery and it hasn’t popped up yet)
*First check was direct deposit, had the same bank for 6 years.

18 - but he was 17 on our 2019 taxes

Had you filed your 2019 taxes before the first stimulus? We hadn't so we got money for our DD who was 16 in 2018. She turned 17 in 2019, but those returns hadn't been filed before the first checks. We didn't get anything for her this time because it was based on our 2019 returns that shows that she was 17 that year. Apparently, according to the feds, those that are 17 and older don't need us to provide for them anymore.

Had you filed your 2019 taxes before the first stimulus? We hadn't so we got money for our DD who was 16 in 2018. She turned 17 in 2019, but those returns hadn't been filed before the first checks. We didn't get anything for her this time because it was based on our 2019 returns that shows that she was 17 that year. Apparently, according to the feds, those that are 17 and older don't need us to provide for them anymore.
That could be, I'm not too sure!! It just seems so long ago. Thank you for explaining!!

That happened to me also, daughter WAS actually 17 but we filed really late and got lucky. This year we won't be obviously however mine was mailed I think out on the 6th and I still have not received it. Giving it to Disney anyhow though.

The pre-paid debit card thing is so weird...
I believe it is to encourage people to spend it rather than save it. It is possible to withdraw the money as cash from an ATM and then deposit it into your savings but I think they are hoping most will just spend it since it is on a debit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter