• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express - Never Again

The buses most definitely run early enough to get people there before park open. Don't worry, you'll be fine!
although if you are staying at the Swan, I would check with them to see their bus schedule. Although I guess you can always walk to the Yacht/Beach Club

although if you are staying at the Swan, I would check with them to see their bus schedule. Although I guess you can always walk to the Yacht/Beach Club

The poster in question isn't staying at the Swan on this particular trip, doesn't sound like.

I'm confused by this. Self-parking at the Swan is $20 per day plus tax. When did you pay up to $50???

The poster in question isn't staying at the Swan on this particular trip, doesn't sound like.

Yes we are staying at The Swan it's where we stay when we go and I have seen higher parking fees than 20 dollars at other resorts in other parts of the planet. I assumed they charged more than that as well.

So you say it costs 20 dollars a day and other people say it costs you nothing at onsite hotels and The Swan Dolphin is considered an onsite hotel.

We're not even driving we're taking a limo.

Yes we are staying at The Swan it's where we stay when we go and I have seen higher parking fees than 20 dollars at other resorts in other parts of the planet. I assumed they charged more than that as well.

So you say it costs 20 dollars a day and other people say it costs you nothing at onsite hotels and The Swan Dolphin is considered an onsite hotel.

The swan is not a Disney hotel. And they do charge for parking a car

You were acting like you were choosing between taking Magical Express and another form of transportation. As such, people assumed that Magical Express was an option for you, and therefore, you were staying onsite, which has no parking fee. I apologize for my (and others') confusion.

Since Magical Express does not go to the Swan, I'm not sure how you can assert that your chosen form of transport is better, since (unless you've stayed in a Disney hotel on some other trip) you've never tried Magical Express.

OK so based on this thread I should definitely...
1- rent a car
or
2- Use a town car
or
3- Use Magical Express
:crazy:

We've done all 3 at some point. There are +'s and -'s to each. Of late we tend to ME there and use a rental car back to the airport. Our trip home we usually take flights later in the day, so by not using ME back to the airport we don't need to worry about getting back to the hotel in time for ME, plus are carry-ons are with us. Besides the hour plus of leaving a park etc to get back to the hotel, we also don't need to leave for the airport 3+ hours before our flight.

Sounds like you don't have all the correct information.

There is no parking fee at Disney owned on property hotels.
Swan/Dolphin are not Disney owned and I don't think get onsite perks (like free parking).

Sounds like you don't have all the correct information.

There is no parking fee at Disney owned on property hotels.
Swan/Dolphin are not Disney owned and I don't think get onsite perks (like free parking).
Exactly you also can't do in park charges or delivery of packages like at Disney owned hotels.

IDK. My girlfriend handles all the details. lol

Swan/Dolphin gets some perks like we can fast pass 60 out which she did today. *shrugs*

Most rental car agencies are on site. No shuttle needed. Walk out the doors and across to the rental garage. Usually we are on the road less than 10 min after getting our bags since we are Hertz Gold and just get right in the car once we get the text with the stall number. No need to stop at the counter. The drive to property is around 30 min. I am usually AT my Disney resort within an hour of landing. I have never arrived at my resort in shorter than 2 hours from my planes touchdown time when riding DME. It takes MUCH longer to use DME, every time.

Fly early. We leave Chicago no later than 6am and arrive into MCO no later than 9:30am and we've never waited longer than 20 or 30 minutes to board DME--including during Pop Warner this month, when we walked onto our CSR bus (a Pop Warner resort) with absolutely no wait.

Oh I figured they had the standard Resort/parkimnmg fee for parking your car in the lot. We stay at The Swan.
Oh I figured they had the standard Resort/parkimnmg fee for parking your car in the lot. We stay at The Swan.

Then, while everybody's welcome to weigh in, isn't your "decision" not to use DME sort of moot? Given that Swan guests aren't eligible and all?

Then, while everybody's welcome to weigh in, isn't your "decision" not to use DME sort of moot? Given that Swan guests aren't eligible and all?

I reckon so. I wouldn't take Mears either though.

Im still glad I didn't have to immediately get in a line after my flight and the first welcome to Disney was some cattle call. Ugh.

IDK. My girlfriend handles all the details. lol

:)

Sometimes DH gets the most interesting ideas of Disney, universal, and cruises. This sounds familiar. ;)

Im still glad I didn't have to immediately get in a line after my flight and the first welcome to Disney was some cattle call. Ugh.

Now how do you miss the scrum to get into the "monorail" (I'm calling it a tram-o-rail) to get from the gates? That was nasty enough on the day in question in this thread (13/10/16 for the record).

:)

Sometimes DH gets the most interesting ideas of Disney, universal, and cruises. This sounds familiar. ;)

Now how do you miss the scrum to get into the "monorail" (I'm calling it a tram-o-rail) to get from the gates? That was nasty enough on the day in question in this thread (13/10/16 for the record).

I don't recall that being a problem in November 2015 last time I was there.

Fly early. We leave Chicago no later than 6am and arrive into MCO no later than 9:30am and we've never waited longer than 20 or 30 minutes to board DME--including during Pop Warner this month, when we walked onto our CSR bus (a Pop Warner resort) with absolutely no wait.

We fly from California. I don't do red eyes so even if I leave on the first flight out , I will not arrive before 5pm due to the time change, flight length, and required connection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter