Magic Kingdom After Hours Coming Back!

Okay, this is complete speculation, but they just updated the hours for March. Beginning March 12, the MK is open until 11 PM every night except Sunday 3/19, 3/26 and also 4/2. Could they be planning to test MK after hours on Sunday? I certainly hope so!

Geeze, I hope so. 3/26 is a pre-cruise day I'm spending in Orlando. I'll be doing Sea World for the first time during the day, but if I could do After Hours... That'd be a perfect day.

Rumor has it ...

On the Disney Travel Agent website it states that "By popular demand" the MK After Hours event will be returning in 2017. No date given.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Ready, set, GO ...
It looks like they've added the magic hours to the morning. I hope they bring back the night time hours - Disney is far more magical at night!

I'm already paying for extra magic hours with my hotel room, no way I'm shelling out the price of a full day's admission just to get 3 extra hours at a park. Not even for Magic Kingdom.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ghts-return-to-magic-kingdom-park-january-20/

"Last year, Disney After Hours event nights debuted at Magic Kingdom Park and wowed guests with an amazing nighttime theme park experience. The hard-ticket offering, which will be offered on select nights in January, February and March, officially returns to the park for its first event night on Friday, January 20.

Here are the top three reasons guests are loving this hard-ticket event.

• Little to No Wait at Attractions – Disney After Hours events are limited to a small number of guests, allowing attendees to maximize their time in the park with little to no wait at 25 attractions and experiences, like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Space Mountain and many more.
  • 7 p.m. Entry Into The Park – The Disney After Hours ticket allows park entry as early as 7 p.m., which gives attendees time to enjoy the park’s “Wishes” fireworks spectacular. Event guests (only) will be allowed to remain in the park for three hours past the park’s scheduled closing time.
  • Snacks Are Included – Ice cream novelties, popcorn and select beverages are also provided as part of your admission.

Disney After Hours event nights are currently set for:
January 20 and 27,
February 2, 9 and 16,
March 2 and 9, 2017.

(Please note: Disney After Hours does not replace Extra Magic Hours (EMH) for our resort guests and are instead held on non-EMH dates)."

The dates for this year have passed however this kind of opportunity isn't a bad idea considering the unique experience of being at MK at night with tiny crowds, walk on rides, free drinks and snacks.

Alton Towers in England charge £55/$70 on top of the £50/$62.50 ticket price to access their fast-pass system that offers you a single fast-pass for each of their 13 top attractions during normal operating hours. No free drinks or snacks and you still have to face the crowds whilst walking through the park or using the in-park transportation.

I see the appeal as a foreigner who visits WDW rarely but can understand the doubts posed by those who frequent the park more often.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter