Magic Kingdom After Hours Coming Back!

Parties have a separate slate of shows/special events...notably Parades and fireworks. They also do some other in park things.

This is not the case here. I think they both are overpriced...as I've documented with posts about actual 15%+ annual increases in the prices of these things...but I can make a case for the holiday things.

Sooo... if this event had it's own fireworks/parade and food then it would be justifiable? They're using Wishes to give the firework element, something available to all, so I see the point there, but guests who attend MK on party nights don't get a showing of Wishes. I don't see how this is that much different. To me, this seems like a non-descript party and if they rolled out merch or event food then it would feel even more so.

I'm gonna remember your "Neville chamberlain" on this when your AP is $1150 in 4 years...

Admit it: you've already decided that you're gonna book a trip in the next few months and pay $89 for mine train...the absolute worst wait time:product ratio ride in amusement history...

There is a great disturbance in the force...
"I have felt it"

LOL! You must be new to me as well.

First of all, I have 6 trips "booked" already. I like attending the "special" events to say I've attended them. If I like it, I go back. We don't ride 7DMT, we think it's dumb. However, we can ride Space Mountain 25x in a row and not get sick of it. We enjoy meandering and taking things at a slower pace which is why we like the parties. So, yes, I think I will book this event. One evening is 2 days after my birthday and I may just treat myself to some VIP MK.

Edit to add: If my AP EVER jumps that high, I'll be renting out my points and joining the Universal bandwagon, assuming they don't follow suit.

LOL! You must be new to me as well.

First of all, I have 6 trips "booked" already. I like attending the "special" events to say I've attended them. If I like it, I go back. We don't ride 7DMT, we think it's dumb. However, we can ride Space Mountain 25x in a row and not get sick of it. We enjoy meandering and taking things at a slower pace which is why we like the parties. So, yes, I think I will book this event. One evening is 2 days after my birthday and I may just treat myself to some VIP MK.

Edit to add: If my AP EVER jumps that high, I'll be renting out my points and joining the Universal bandwagon, assuming they don't follow suit.

I was 50% kidding and 50% "negative reinforcement ;)

Sooo... if this event had it's own fireworks/parade and food then it would be justifiable? They're using Wishes to give the firework element, something available to all, so I see the point there, but guests who attend MK on party nights don't get a showing of Wishes. I don't see how this is that much different. To me, this seems like a non-descript party and if they rolled out merch or event food then it would feel even more so.

No...but the case can be made.

Currently it's $50 an hour (stated price) to go on a list of antiquated rides that can't handle 21 million visitors a year.

Seems "thin" in value, no?

No...but the case can be made.

Currently it's $50 an hour (stated price) to go on a list of antiquated rides that can't handle 21 million visitors a year.

Seems "thin" in value, no?

If you're going there for rides, perhaps. I'm going there to just be able to move about freely.

If you're going there for rides, perhaps. I'm going there to just be able to move about freely.

I am more your variety...
...but boy...that's a hefty tag for lack of lemmings.

My memories from all that time prior to 2012 when it was comfortable are enough to keep me warm at night :)

I am more your variety...
...but boy...that's a hefty tag for lack of lemmings.

My memories from all that time prior to 2012 when it was comfortable are enough to keep me warm at night :)

Once in a while is nice. I remember probably around that same time period I did EMH in MK. We weren't resort guests, but no one was kicking out of the park and since we had no interest in rides, I remember sitting in the park until the castle did the kiss goodnight. No one was around and I just sat there on Main Street.

Once in a while is nice. I remember probably around that same time period I did EMH in MK. We weren't resort guests, but no one was kicking out of the park and since we had no interest in rides, I remember sitting in the park until the castle did the kiss goodnight. No one was around and I just sat there on Main Street.
I could totally do that, with a nice albeit overpriced adult beverage. Just sit and relax, enjoy the people watching.

The $119 price is starting to get where this party should be, though I feel like something in the $80 - $100 range is more on par. Still, I'm okay with the higher price as long as they keep a restriction on the number of guests. I doubt that I'd do it since I have young kids, but if I was there solo, it would be a consideration.

I could totally do that, with a nice albeit overpriced adult beverage. Just sit and relax, enjoy the people watching.

You better bring a flask...adult beverages are hard to come by there;)

I have a pair of Reefs with flask in then you can borrow

The $119 price is starting to get where this party should be, though I feel like something in the $80 - $100 range is more on par. Still, I'm okay with the higher price as long as they keep a restriction on the number of guests. I doubt that I'd do it since I have young kids, but if I was there solo, it would be a consideration.

Then will Sell it to capacity if it catches on...have no doubts.

And the out?
"We stated it was "after hours"...not limited crowd"

Just throw your peanuts at the elephant and watch how big his stomach is...

You better bring a flask...adult beverages are hard to come by there;)

I have a pair of Reefs with flask in then you can borrow
No, I'm not that hard core. Just a little jab as to missed revenue opportunity in the MK. A Dole whip with a little something extra, a warm breeze and some people watching.

Not positive, but I think once the after hours event starts, those that paid may use the fastpass line. So you could possibly have a shorter wait time.
Which, if this is true, it verifies the point that this offering DOES INDEED take away from the regular paying day guests' experience. We all know how fastpass creates a greater wait in standby. Not ok.

Which, if this is true, it verifies the point that this offering DOES INDEED take away from the regular paying day guests' experience. We all know how fastpass creates a greater wait in standby. Not ok.

They're gauging the advance bookings and shortening the regular operating hours before they are ever released...I have no doubt.

There's what they "say"...and the common sense truth. Not hard to dilenate the difference.

They're gauging the advance bookings and shortening the regular operating hours before they are ever released...I have no doubt.

There's what they "say"...and the common sense truth. Not hard to dilenate the difference.
There was a big thread this summer showing that there were more total theme park hours available to the normal ticket public in summer 2016 than summer 2015.

Although some extra MK hours came at the expense of getting more AK hours.

It's a valid opinion if you don't prefer that distribution, but facts show the WDW parks were open more hours.

There was a big thread this summer showing that there were more total theme park hours available to the normal ticket public in summer 2016 than summer 2015.

Although some extra MK hours came at the expense of getting more AK hours.

It's a valid opinion if you don't prefer that distribution, but facts show the WDW parks were open more hours.

Do you have that comparison to say...1987? How about 1999? 2000?

It's a bigger picture than that...

1) In business, I was a success, because I always looked at the Big Picture.
2) What is the "bigger picture" to which you refer?

In advance,
Thanks
TRS

Simple...as you well know...

Is that park hours are adjusted based on advanced forecasting commensurate with crowds. More people = longer hours = more people in giftshops for longer hours.
Basic mousian theory.

So how...if an additional event to "get away from the crowds" can the crowd level be low enough during the day that an 8 pm closing time be "appropriate"...these things don't equate to me.

How does that play?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter