• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

So I'm filling out a survey about attending (wow they came fast).

Just wanted to note one of the questions is what time did you arrive. 4pm is the first option to select.

edit to add: they also ask: The park felt too empty and rate it from agree to disagree.. so they do want to try to up the numbers.

That is good to know, we are going to see if we can get in at 5 as the MDE app has allowed me to book Fast Passes between 5 and 8 :)

So I'm filling out a survey about attending (wow they came fast).

Just wanted to note one of the questions is what time did you arrive. 4pm is the first option to select.

edit to add: they also ask: The park felt too empty and rate it from agree to disagree.. so they do want to try to up the numbers.
You know, you remind me that we did a survey following it last year and I believe I posted here that same observation, that 4:00 was the first time shown on what time did you arrive. It may have been posted here or maybe somewhere else. I suck at searching but I'm going to research it. While what was done last year doesn't mean it's done now it's more just to make sure I'm not completely off in what I remember.

I remember the question about the crowds levels too. If they are out to increase numbers it didn't seem to increase enough from last year to make a difference, if they increased them

I've been watching this pretty closely since I have tickets for 2/16 and I want to make sure Disney doesn't go and adjust hours on me (the early hours my date are actually a big plus for me). From what I see, the original times that were advertised for all of the published DAH dates are all still valid, none of the park hour adjustments were to these dates.

Event Hours

Granted Disney can do whatever it wants but it seems like with a hard ticket event like this with very clear dates and times (on the website, on my tickets, etc), this event isn't likely to get flexed around, right?
I just booked for March 2. Park hours for that date have change to a 9pm close, which makes the event hours 9-12, and those were the hours listed on my email.

Last edited:
Love the skirt! ❤
Do the sparkle skirts run true to size or are they snug?
Are you wearing the hiker one (longer length)?
Yes, they do run true to their measurements on the website. And they suggest if you are borderline to go down, not up in size.
I'm trying to remember which length this skirt is. I have both lengths, most of them are Hiker length. I pretty sure this is one of those but can't remember for sure.
Also, they have a newer less full version that I haven't tried yet. I plan to check them out in person in April at the Dark Side Expo

I just ordered a Sparkle Skirt! Should get here in plenty of time for our trip.

I'm thinking of wearing with running tights for the chilly mornings/evenings that I can peel off for midday.

I just ordered a Sparkle Skirt! Should get here in plenty of time for our trip.

I'm thinking of wearing with running tights for the chilly mornings/evenings that I can peel off for midday.
You'll love it. I'll warn you, they are addictive.

I'm thinking I'll have to do the same with leggings. It's looking a bit cool next weekend

Arrived at 6:30 . I totally forgot to ask when they set up the line for after dark. Mine train had an 80 minute wait I noticed. We ate quick service , had a wonderful interaction with pooh and tigger, watched fireworks , shopped pandora and rode haunted mansion. I was ready for the day crowds to leave!! I had several people ask what my lanyard was for. At exactly 9pm, I got a water and popcorn. A little girl and her mom was turned away at the popcorn cart at 9:02. I did try to give them my food. I didn't look at the handout so I didn't realize Mickey would still be taking photos so we concentrated on rides . I had another water and ice cream and husband had another popcorn and soda as the night went on., maybe something else. I remember thinking it was about $30.00 in snacks. When we left for the night, I saw a couple with a stroller and it was so loaded down with soda, water and those yogurt cups. Is that right? Anyway, it was not cool IMO. Anyhoo, we rode 21 times. Some were the same like dwarfs four times.as fast as you could get thru, you could hop back on. It was a perfect night. Worth every single penny and I hope Disney doesn't change a thing. I completed the survey they sent this morning. Highly recommend.

we are going 2/2 Im on a business trip in orlando that week and my wife and son are flying down 2/1 just to do the after hours event and are flying home 2/3.

Arrived at 6:30 . I totally forgot to ask when they set up the line for after dark. Mine train had an 80 minute wait I noticed. We ate quick service , had a wonderful interaction with pooh and tigger, watched fireworks , shopped pandora and rode haunted mansion. I was ready for the day crowds to leave!! I had several people ask what my lanyard was for. At exactly 9pm, I got a water and popcorn. A little girl and her mom was turned away at the popcorn cart at 9:02. I did try to give them my food. I didn't look at the handout so I didn't realize Mickey would still be taking photos so we concentrated on rides . I had another water and ice cream and husband had another popcorn and soda as the night went on., maybe something else. I remember thinking it was about $30.00 in snacks. When we left for the night, I saw a couple with a stroller and it was so loaded down with soda, water and those yogurt cups. Is that right? Anyway, it was not cool IMO. Anyhoo, we rode 21 times. Some were the same like dwarfs four times.as fast as you could get thru, you could hop back on. It was a perfect night. Worth every single penny and I hope Disney doesn't change a thing. I completed the survey they sent this morning. Highly recommend.
We took some bottles of soda back to our room that night. The CM suggested it to us.

i'm not sure how I missed this during the event but casey's wasn't one of the places opened and the lunching pad was. I wish I noticed lunching pad earlier, don't they have turkey legs there? I would have loved to just sit around with a turkey leg and soda..

I've been waiting to see reviews before booking, so thank you everyone who's posted so far! I was 90% set on it before, but now am about to book our tickets for 2/2 :hyper:

Would be really grateful if someone could answer a question though - we're coming from the UK, so I'll book online. Do you get a confirmation number that you have to give when 'checking in'? I'm assuming you don't get a hard ticket as I doubt it would arrive in time for us! We've done KTTK before but not any of the parties and I think we just gave our names or confirmation number.

Thanks!

I'm so disappointed. The only night it's on while I'm there is our last night so will have to choose packing over playing :'(

I've been waiting to see reviews before booking, so thank you everyone who's posted so far! I was 90% set on it before, but now am about to book our tickets for 2/2 :hyper:

Would be really grateful if someone could answer a question though - we're coming from the UK, so I'll book online. Do you get a confirmation number that you have to give when 'checking in'? I'm assuming you don't get a hard ticket as I doubt it would arrive in time for us! We've done KTTK before but not any of the parties and I think we just gave our names or confirmation number.

Thanks!

we went on Friday night - when I bought the tickets online there is an option to print your confirmation at home or have it emailed to you and you only have to show either the paper or the email on your phone when you check in. I saw people checking in with both methods - paper confirmation and email on phone. Our tickets ended up linking automatically onto our magic bands so we just needed to scan our bands to get in. Very easy and smooth check-in process.

We've attached our MAH tickets to our profiles on MYW. Will we be able to enter and get our lanyard just using our MBs, or do we have to stop at guest relations at some time before the party? Our group has both AP tickets as well as DVC tickets.

Thanks for the great reports!

We've attached our MAH tickets to our profiles on MYW. Will we be able to enter and get our lanyard just using our MBs, or do we have to stop at guest relations at some time before the party? Our group has both AP tickets as well as DVC tickets.

Thanks for the great reports!
We were able to enter and get lanyards using just our magic bands. They have a special entrance set up for After Hours guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter