Magic Key sales are back, 3/5/2024!

There is a $20 discount for DVC members, but you must purchase/renew in person to receive this discount
You just messing with us, right? I see it on the website but have never figured out how to get it (but the website also said Magic Keys "must" be purchased online when I purchased a few weeks ago, but people bought them at Disneyland booths that day). If this works, it says "eligible" dvc, so that might mean white card/direct only...

You just messing with us, right?
"You" as in Disney? Right. It is a token discount ... but for most of us the discount will be consumed entirely by the costs of travel time, lost opportunity (work), parking, etc. that add-up to reach the "in person" requirement. Might work for some ... but for me, it is more cost-effective to purchase/renew remotely, from home, w/out moving my car -- thus, ineligible for the discount.

I'm not DVC, but whenever you want to combine two forms of payment, you need to do it in person. I'm guessing that the $20 DVC discount is considered a form of payment.

DVC Discount - I thought for a minute it said DVC got a 20% discount, not $20 lol. Honestly, I cannot find anywhere on Disneyland site where it even states the amount of the discount. If $20, it would only work if you were already at the park since it costs (even most Magic Key holders) more than that to park and requires you do it in person!

I'm not DVC, but whenever you want to combine two forms of payment, you need to do it in person. I'm guessing that the $20 DVC discount is considered a form of payment.
Huh. An interesting thought, indeed! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Might work for some ... but for me, it is more cost-effective to purchase/renew remotely, from home, w/out moving my car -- thus, ineligible for the discount.

We live very close and always renew during one of our regular visits to DLR. Parking is free as we have the Inspire Key, and we like to put a hefty down payment towards our key renewal using discounted DGCs. We’re happy to tack on the additional $20 discount per key as every bit helps when buying for a family. 😉

We live very close and always renew during one of our regular visits to DLR. Parking is free as we have the Inspire Key, and we like to put a hefty down payment towards our key renewal using discounted DGCs. We’re happy to tack on the additional $20 discount per key as every bit helps when buying for a family. 😉
Same usually -- but this year we passed on renewal -- too many nonDisney trips and believe jumping another $150 just wasn't in the cards for us.

If DVC gives some real discount beyond that $20 pittance -- or a DVC specific pass that's close to Believe level, would pique our interest

For any DVC people or those who stay on property a bit who are worried about the reservation system making it a pain to book all your future stays as you are limited to only 4 or 6 reservations don't worry about it. I used to stress out about it but then I learned if you book though a on-property reservation you get a different pool of MK reservations that is 99.9% of the time always open. Even as short as 24 hours ahead.

I'm surprised that it's Thursday and all MK are still available except Inspire Key... too bad we are going during a blockout week for Enchant MK. We also only go once or twice a year so it still doesn't make sense to get a MK.

Well
I'm surprised that it's Thursday and all MK are still available except Inspire Key... too bad we are going during a blockout week for Enchant MK. We also only go once or twice a year so it still doesn't make sense to get a MK.
It depends on how many days you go during those trips and when they are. This year we are going during peak travel times, only a couple of times, but for a lot of days each time... we did the math (my accountant husband made a spreadsheet and everything) and it actually was worth it to get a MK still.

Granted it depends how much you spend, how many days you go, and all that fun stuff...

The blackout days don’t work for us either. I really think Disneyland is trying to discourage out-of-towners from buying MKs.

It depends on how many days you go during those trips and when they are. This year we are going during peak travel times, only a couple of times, but for a lot of days each time... we did the math (my accountant husband made a spreadsheet and everything) and it actually was worth it to get a MK still.
With Imagine I still end up purchasing a few days per year (to go when family and friends are there), but love my key for the Park Hopper function. While I might not switch parks each time, it's nice to hop to the other park for entertainment or food that appeals to me that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter