Magic Key sales are back, 3/5/2024!

Financially, I used gift cards to put a down payment on my renewal. The gift cards were purchased at a discount. Between closures, very low entertainment show options, Genie+, reservations, COL increase; people aren't able to justify the purchase enough to purchase.

I myself, am thankful to being able to go on a Sunday, but for next year I probably won't renew and just take advantage of the So-Cal offer.

The parking price is ridiculous.
DTD should be free for the first hour for Magic Key holders, that's the least they could do.

3Day passes too for the 'low season' along with the $50 child special.

The crowds in the evening are MUCH lower than 10A-2P crowds. After 2nd parade it thins out significantly

Looks like they found the breaking point for demand. That $150 pushed us out of our Believe key.
Not only the price but the block-outs on that key got ridiculous. I downgraded at renewal to Enchant for my boys. Losing summers sucks but I simply couldn't justify Believe anymore.

If prices keep going up the way they have been, we might have to be done with our Magic Keys. Never thought I’d live to see the day I said that but the prices have just gotten too high with too many block-outs.

Not only the price but the block-outs on that key got ridiculous. I downgraded at renewal to Enchant for my boys. Losing summers sucks but I simply couldn't justify Believe anymore.

If prices keep going up the way they have been, we might have to be done with our Magic Keys. Never thought I’d live to see the day I said that but the prices have just gotten too high with too many block-outs.
We're front loading our disneyland days this year to June with two sets of 3 Day SoCal . getting usual OBB to break the fall dolldrums; but probably will miss holidays this year. May do AUL for thanksgiving or WDW in Jan next year to break it up. Still will be significantly ahead of a Believe pass would need.

Only if DVC brought back the discounts for plat passes and over to DLR.--- wishful thinking i suppose.

Still not worth it for us. The break even on the most expensive one with the fewest black out dates is still a lot. If we didn't already have WDW and Universal Orlando passes and own DVC at Boardwalk at WDW it might be different. Plus, we don't have enough direct DVC points to stay that often at the Disneyland Villas.

We like to go for 5 days when we visit. Typically once a calendar year but sometimes twice. I did the math and I think we'd have to make 3 trips a year for it to be worth it for us. So definitely going to stick with purchasing regular hopper tickets (hopefully when we can get 1-day free at www.getawaytoday.com)

I'm considering taking a gamble and not renewing until later which will get us outside of our renewal window and "hopefully" be a new MK that will start the clock over with a August 2025 expire date. Here is my situation -

• Our April trip still falls under the current renewal year so we don't need a new one to do this trip.
  • As we are doing a long trip to WDW for 14 nights this summer don't have any May, June, or July trips booked. @MrsNVDISFamily may take the kids in May but happy to skip DL and just do Knotts and other stuff with the family.
  • We do have August, October, and November trips booked already and will 99% chance book a Spring 2025 trip + Summer 2025 trips (likely will skip Florida in 2025).
  • We have Believe Keys and will likely keep that tier of Key but we are tempted to upgrade to Inspire Keys.
What that background would you take that gamble and hope that Believe Keys are open for sale in the coming months? How long do I have to wait to purchase after our MKs expire for them to be considered new MKs and the clock resets? Is the gamble not worth it and should I just "eat" the 4 months we don't need the MK to make sure I can 100% keep my MK?

Appreciate any advice/wisdom.

I'm considering taking a gamble and not renewing until later which will get us outside of our renewal window and "hopefully" be a new MK that will start the clock over with a August 2025 expire date. Here is my situation -

• Our April trip still falls under the current renewal year so we don't need a new one to do this trip.
  • As we are doing a long trip to WDW for 14 nights this summer don't have any May, June, or July trips booked. @MrsNVDISFamily may take the kids in May but happy to skip DL and just do Knotts and other stuff with the family.
  • We do have August, October, and November trips booked already and will 99% chance book a Spring 2025 trip + Summer 2025 trips (likely will skip Florida in 2025).
  • We have Believe Keys and will likely keep that tier of Key but we are tempted to upgrade to Inspire Keys.
What that background would you take that gamble and hope that Believe Keys are open for sale in the coming months? How long do I have to wait to purchase after our MKs expire for them to be considered new MKs and the clock resets? Is the gamble not worth it and should I just "eat" the 4 months we don't need the MK to make sure I can 100% keep my MK?

I’m pretty sure you can just buy new MKs now, let the old ones expire, and then you have a year to activate these new ones. No need to wait for the old ones to expire first.

I also have believe keys and did not want to waste “months” on the key with a renewal. My keys expire in July, and I was also afraid of being shut out because I have other plans in late 2024 and early 2025, so I hopped on the first day and purchased Inspire keys.

I also upgraded because believe has some odd blackout days now, so I had to purchase 2 single day tickets, which means I could have bought inspire keys the last round and saved 20% on dining and shopping. Arghhh.

On another note, if I had known the keys wouldn’t sell out in a day, I would have saved my money and bought 4 keys later in the year.

I have the Inspire Key and the rest of the family uses cash tickets. This way we still get the higher discounts on Food & Merch, early access to OBB tickets and other events, special F&W Festival seating, MK terrace dining, etc.

The believe key blacks out a majority of the days we would go. I wish they had a DVC Key that didn’t have parking included at a discounted price….

I have the Inspire Key and the rest of the family uses cash tickets. This way we still get the higher discounts on Food & Merch, early access to OBB tickets and other events, special F&W Festival seating, MK terrace dining, etc.

The believe key blacks out a majority of the days we would go. I wish they had a DVC Key that didn’t have parking included at a discounted price….
You ever get tempted to go off to DL by yourself? It’s kinda funny how everyone wants the MKs to be a little bit different to cater to our unique individual needs. I’d be onboard with a discounted DVC key without parking. But think about how small we DVC people are in the west coast compared to the rest of the public, even with VDH. As much as we love DL, we have embraced WDW because of our easy access to APs, even if we’re coming all the way from Hawaii. I love the smallness and ease of DL. But I hate that Disney makes it a less appealing destination for out of town guests.

You ever get tempted to go off to DL by yourself? It’s kinda funny how everyone wants the MKs to be a little bit different to cater to our unique individual needs. I’d be onboard with a discounted DVC key without parking. But think about how small we DVC people are in the west coast compared to the rest of the public, even with VDH. As much as we love DL, we have embraced WDW because of our easy access to APs, even if we’re coming all the way from Hawaii. I love the smallness and ease of DL. But I hate that Disney makes it a less appealing destination for out of town guests.
I go solo twice a year when I go down to LA for other meetings. I usually meet up with friends or family who live down there for dinner and we’ll meet up in downtown Disney or at the hotels.

I still buy G+ and use single rider when I am there. It’s a lot of fun.

Well they found their breaking points on the passes. Will they find it with gate prices?

With DisneyForward passing to council, it'll be interesting what they announce timelines. I don't think they can wait until D23 in August to announce things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter