Magic Bands At Aulani?

If you buy the MagicBand+, you can also use it at DLR, since you said you go there annually. And you can use all versions of magic bands at WDW.
True, but to take advantage of the additional capabilities of the MagicBand+ at Disneyland, you have to charge it every night and sync it with your phone, and carry the phone around as well. The last thing I need is another device I have to charge every night!

Personally, I’d wait to buy the Magic Band+ until they come up with the next generation in a year or two that holds a charge longer and is less dependent on the phone. I think now it’s useless tech that will be obsolete soon, and would rather have the Magic Band 2.

True, but to take advantage of the additional capabilities of the MagicBand+ at Disneyland, you have to charge it every night and sync it with your phone, and carry the phone around as well. The last thing I need is another device I have to charge every night!

Personally, I’d wait to buy the Magic Band+ until they come up with the next generation in a year or two that holds a charge longer and is less dependent on the phone. I think now it’s useless tech that will be obsolete soon, and would rather have the Magic Band 2.

I think it just depends if OP would find it nice to have access to the extra functionality at DLR. I’ve used it for a couple trips at WDW now and if I’m not actively playing a lot of Batuu Bounty Hunters or doing a lot of interactive statues, the charge lasts all day. I kinda like that it randomly vibrates and lights up when you’re walking around. And if I forget to recharge it at night, or if the battery runs out, it still functions as a regular MagicBand anyway.

Maybe it works different at WDW, but the MagicBand (even the +) lets me use my phone less at WDW. Except for Batuu Bounty Hunters, which you need your phone to confirm when you’ve found the bounty.

I think it just depends if OP would find it nice to have access to the extra functionality at DLR. I’ve used it for a couple trips at WDW now and if I’m not actively playing a lot of Batuu Bounty Hunters or doing a lot of interactive statues, the charge lasts all day. I kinda like that it randomly vibrates and lights up when you’re walking around. And if I forget to recharge it at night, or if the battery runs out, it still functions as a regular MagicBand anyway.

Maybe it works different at WDW, but the MagicBand (even the +) lets me use my phone less at WDW. Except for Batuu Bounty Hunters, which you need your phone to confirm when you’ve found the bounty.
I don’t believe any of the interactive capabilities of the MagicBand+ work unless you’re carrying a phone with bluetooth. So you might use your phone less, but you’ll still need to carry it for all that additional functionality.

For me, the MagicBand+ seems kind of lame, but I’ll still probably wind up buying one sooner or later! And I know they say it’s waterproof, but I’d still worry that all that salt water exposure at Aulani wouldn’t do it any good.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter