• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands 101

Can you load two one day tickets to the same magic band.
We are going to hs and Epcot ... It is cheaper to buy two one day passes than one two day pass.

You don't load anything on the band itself. You can link both one-day tickets to your MDE account. The band has a chip that accesses your account information so it will see th t you have two one-day tickets.

Mine are gone as well. I have logged in and out hoping that would help but it hasn't. Has anyone with this issue called and had it fixed? I'm not sure what to do...but I am really nervous our FP+ reservations will disappear next!

I called Disney and they said that it was 'an error' that we had been given the option to customize our bands so far in advance and this is why they have now disappeared :(
They said to expect an email mid/end of October to invite me to customize them again
I'm just going to keep checking back every day!
All my FP+ are still showing up and I have printed the list off just in case!

Linda67 said:
I called Disney and they said that it was 'an error' that we had been given the option to customize our bands so far in advance and this is why they have now disappeared :(
They said to expect an email mid/end of October to invite me to customize them again
I'm just going to keep checking back every day!
All my FP+ are still showing up and I have printed the list off just in case!

I Modified my Check In again and they came back with all my info.

I have the same check in date as you and was also able to customise my MBs last week but yesterday they disappeared!
Are yours still showing up in MDE?

I am checking in to BoardWalk Villas on Nov 9. Last week we customized all our magic bands and started adding FastPass+. Our bands disappeared this morning. The FastPass+ res are still there. We also had already linked our PAP. I'm wondering what kind of mess we will have to deal with when we get there.

I have other issues with not being able to add guest names to one of my ADR's. For the life of me, I cant figure out who to call for help with any of this. Email gets a canned response that someone will get back to me - and no one ever does.

Any thoughts? I'm so not impressed.

Couple of questions:

1. We are going at Christmas and taking a large group of 11. In the past we always have my husband "run" to get fast passes so that all of us don't have to wait in the fast pass ticket line (to crowded for older relatives). If we get magic bands do we all have to wait in the fast pass line to use our magic bands or can we still use our KTTW card for fast passes?

2. Do they comfortably fit a "pooh" size person?

Thanks

I don't want to jinx it, but my MB's reappeared tonight. Here's hoping everyone's reappear and we don't lose them again pixiedust:

So, my TA had previously told me that we weren't supposed to get MBs/FP+ for our trip (21 days!). I asked her for more info, & here's what she said:

"Apparently, the rollout has been jumpstarted by the blogosphere which has really taxed the system at large. Apparently, while the system was “live” and people are accessing it (like yourself), they should have only been using it if they’d rec’d an invite from Disney to do so. That was the design anyway (I guess they should have clamped down a bit more then). So, right now, there are more people than were intended to be on it which is causing some problems on the park side."

What do you make of this? Seems to me that Disney made this problem for themselves by managing this project very badly.

(Cross posting...)

I am checking in to BoardWalk Villas on Nov 9. Last week we customized all our magic bands and started adding FastPass+. Our bands disappeared this morning. The FastPass+ res are still there. We also had already linked our PAP. I'm wondering what kind of mess we will have to deal with when we get there.

I have other issues with not being able to add guest names to one of my ADR's. For the life of me, I cant figure out who to call for help with any of this. Email gets a canned response that someone will get back to me - and no one ever does.

Any thoughts? I'm so not impressed.

I have used this phone# for Disney IT for 2 separate issues with Magic bands: 407-939-7765. I got it from other posters on the Dis, and both issues were fixed!

First, when creating MDE profile, I was a knucklehead and somehow managed to make myself both the primary account member and the guest member. So even though I and my husband were both registered guests at our hotel, I couldn't create a MB for him because he wasn't on the MDE account (even though he was also on every dining ressie!). I called IT (press 2) and the first time I called the CM said he would pass the message and it would take 3-5 days to resolve. However, after one Dis member said he was still waiting after 23 days, I called again after Day 3. This time someone named Wellington passed me directly on to Amina who said she would fix the issue right then and there. Within minutes that issue was resolved!

Then when I went to link my park tickets which I had just purcased to the MB for FP+, I got an error message telling me something like "your tickets are already linked or your ticket # is invalid." So I called IT again. When I told her the issue, she said it takes 24 hrs to process the tickets in their computer and to try tomorrow. I did and got the same message so I called IT again. This person told me that it is a common glitch in the system that they are working on and she would be able to resolve it for me, if I didn't mind being put on hold. Of course I said I would wait, and when she thought it was taking too long she actually came back and asked if I minded waiting a little longer. Of course I said yes, and within a few more minutes it was resolved!

So, if it first you don't get results, try, try again! Just as in regular life-- some folks are better at their jobs than others.

Good Luck to everyone, and thank you. Now I know to check MDE every day in case mine disappear, too!

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked and answered. I did read the first post, but did not find the answer to my question.

We have our bands and have made our fastpass plus selections. Will we still be able to get regular fastpasses? And if we are able to get the regular fastpasses, will we need our KTTW card or are the fastpass machines in the parks now able to read the bands and print out the fastpass ticket?

Also, a semi related question. My husband does not ride any of the "mountains" due to a disability. Sometimes we would use his KTTW card to get an extra fastpass for someone to ride twice. Would this be possible with the fastpass plus? Would it be a problem for someone else used his magic band since it has all his info on it?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Update

Just checked again this morning and the AoA customized MBs have magically re-appeared :)

I haven't changed a thing, they have just popped back up!

plumeriainseattle said:
All these mixed messages and problems...make me so very happy that I have an awesome travel agent. Who just got training at wdw on magic bands and how they work start to finish.

Now they just need to train the CRO staff...
And hire a WHOLE NEW IT department...

2. Do they comfortably fit a "pooh" size person?

Thanks

I measured the outside of the band at 10" at the biggest usable prongs/holes combo. DH is a big guy with a big wrist and he isn't at the biggest setting with his MB.

So, my TA had previously told me that we weren't supposed to get MBs/FP+ for our trip (21 days!). I asked her for more info, & here's what she said:

"Apparently, the rollout has been jumpstarted by the blogosphere which has really taxed the system at large. Apparently, while the system was live and people are accessing it (like yourself), they should have only been using it if theyd recd an invite from Disney to do so. That was the design anyway (I guess they should have clamped down a bit more then). So, right now, there are more people than were intended to be on it which is causing some problems on the park side."

What do you make of this? Seems to me that Disney made this problem for themselves by managing this project very badly.

(Cross posting...)

I say NONSENSE. I never got an invite by mail, ups, or otherwise. I noticed I could do MBs and FP+s by checking on my account. And NOT because the "blogosphere" told me to, but because that is what disney encourages us to do. One day the popup info changed as I could do it all. So I did.

Got the MBs by ups. About a week before leaving for the trip I got an email reminding us what to do if we were going to take part in testing. Never got an invite but got a reminder. :)

And now we are using them just fine.

Further, today after some nasty attitude about our paper APs we went to change them over only to find out our APs are associated with our MBs and we can just use the MBs. Tried it out and yep. Totally usable.

I didn't do anything other than what the Disney website told me to do. It's absolutely bogus for Disney or a TA to say otherwise.

I have a resort reservation for Feb 2014 (All-Star Sports) as of last week.

In My Disney Experience, the customize options are available for me and my party.

I can edit the name for the Magic Bands, but the only color choice showing is gray. There's no other color choices to click on.

Just wondering what's going on with this -- MDE bug? Too soon for color choices? When Magic Bands are officially live later this month it'll fix itself?

I am not exactly sure how the Photopass will work. I would assume that it would be tied to anyone in your Family and Friends network but don't quote me on that.
I heard of people taking a picture of the photopass plus card and sharing with family members. They can show the picture on their phone to the CM and it has worked. Or the other option though more time consuming is to write down the photo # from the ride then come back later with the card/magic band. I think you have up to 48 hours to do this. Good luck.

I have a resort reservation for Feb 2014 (All-Star Sports) as of last week.

In My Disney Experience, the customize options are available for me and my party.

I can edit the name for the Magic Bands, but the only color choice showing is gray. There's no other color choices to click on.

Just wondering what's going on with this -- MDE bug? Too soon for color choices? When Magic Bands are officially live later this month it'll fix itself?

This is definitely a bug. You shouldn't have the option to customize until mid-December. We are arriving in late December and cannot customize yet.

I am getting ready to make our ADR's, which I understand will link to our MDE account. There are only three of us on my account, but I am making ADR's for two families, a total of 5. Will this be a problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter