Magic Bands 101

So we are checking in to AoA on November 30th and have everything correctly linked and showing up on the MDE website.

About seven days ago the option to customize our MBs appeared and we chose our colours and filled in our shipping address. I've been checking back everyday, just to see if we would be offered a second set of bands for the second resort of our split stay and suddenly this afternoon (our MBs were showing this morning) they disappeared :confused3

I called the tech helpline and they said that I should never have had the option to customise as it's too early and that's why they aren't showing up any more

I even have a screen shot of the the successful customisation page but they just said it was a mistake and I shouldn't have been able to customise so early

Does this sound right :confused3

I'm hoping they will just reappear as my check in date gets closer

How far in advance do they generally appear on MDE?

Sorry for all the Qs!

I just talked to IT again and was again told that I cannot link PAP's until they are activated (used at least once). I was told that if the will call confirmation # is linked to a resort reservation, then maybe that's how people are getting their AP's linked to MDE. So for those of you who linked AP's did you have your will call # linked to a reservation first?

I was also told that my personalization of magic bands disappeared from MDE because they weren't supposed to be released for Nov yet and that I'll be able to customize them starting 28 days before arrival, until 10 days before arrival. I asked how a friend of mine was able to customize hers yesterday for her Dec trip and how dozens of people online have been able to customize theirs for Nov & Dec and he said he wasn't sure but that they shouldn't have been able to. He told me I should wait to receive an invite, 28 days before arrival, in order to customize my magic bands :confused3

I called IT back a little while later (a different # too) and was told by that CM that I am eligible to customize & receive magic bands but for some reason, the system dropped them. The CM said that he and his colleague were both unable to get them to appear in my account and they didn't know why. He said I may have to wait for them to reappear. In the meantime, he's going to escalate the IT ticket to see if someone higher up or with more experience can help.

If I can't get FP+, I'd at least like to have customized bands.

I just talked to IT again and was again told that I cannot link PAP's until they are activated (used at least once). I was told that if the will call confirmation # is linked to a resort reservation, then maybe that's how people are getting their AP's linked to MDE. So for those of you who linked AP's did you have your will call # linked to a reservation first?

I was also told that my personalization of magic bands disappeared from MDE because they weren't supposed to be released for Nov yet and that I'll be able to customize them starting 28 days before arrival, until 10 days before arrival. I asked how a friend of mine was able to customize hers yesterday for her Dec trip and how dozens of people online have been able to customize theirs for Nov & Dec and he said he wasn't sure but that they shouldn't have been able to. He told me I should wait to receive an invite, 28 days before arrival, in order to customize my magic bands :confused3

I called IT back a little while later (a different # too) and was told by that CM that I am eligible to customize & receive magic bands but for some reason, the system dropped them. The CM said that he and his colleague were both unable to get them to appear in my account and they didn't know why. He said I may have to wait for them to reappear. In the meantime, he's going to escalate the IT ticket to see if someone higher up or with more experience can help.

I first put my Resort ressies in MDE, several days later I put in the number on the back of our PAP certificates. It shows up as "DVC Premium Annual Pass Promo - New - Certificate" in MDE. Is that the info you were looking for?

Also, our stay starts Nov. 30th. I was able to personalize our MB's last week. I was able to make FP+ reservations yesterday. MDE says MB's must be personalized by Oct. 31st.

I first put my Resort ressies in MDE, several days later I put in the number on the back of our PAP certificates. It shows up as "DVC Premium Annual Pass Promo - New - Certificate" in MDE. Is that the info you were looking for?

Also, our stay starts Nov. 30th. I was able to personalize our MB's last week. I was able to make FP+ reservations yesterday. MDE says MB's must be personalized by Oct. 31st.

Ah - so you have the PAP voucher in hand? That's helpful to know. We don't have the voucher, just the ticket order conf. number in an e-mail.

I added my reservation first. Then the Will Call # for my AP. Then I was able to book my Fastpass+ and customize my magic bands.

After we arrived we had to go to a theme park guest service and pick up our AP hard copy card and get our magic band AP activated.

We could have used either to enter the park and we used our bands and it worked fine.

Does anyone know what resorts will be issuing MBs for Dec bookings? We're at AKV-Kidani for Dec 8-13

Make sure you have your bands with you, your Will Call # or voucher and ID. Also have all your party there at the same time.

Thanks, it's just me and my daughter so we will definitely all be there, LOL. I'll print out the Will Call #s for our PAPs and also our Halloween Party tickets.

I first put my Resort ressies in MDE, several days later I put in the number on the back of our PAP certificates. It shows up as "DVC Premium Annual Pass Promo - New - Certificate" in MDE. Is that the info you were looking for? Also, our stay starts Nov. 30th. I was able to personalize our MB's last week. I was able to make FP+ reservations yesterday. MDE says MB's must be personalized by Oct. 31st.

I have the same check in date as you and was also able to customise my MBs last week but yesterday they disappeared!
Are yours still showing up in MDE?

I added my reservation first. Then the Will Call # for my AP. Then I was able to book my Fastpass+ and customize my magic bands.

After we arrived we had to go to a theme park guest service and pick up our AP hard copy card and get our magic band AP activated.

We could have used either to enter the park and we used our bands and it worked fine.

My DVC reservation was in MDE first. 3 different IT techs couldn't get my will call # to link either.

I have the same check in date as you and was also able to customise my MBs last week but yesterday they disappeared!

We check in mid-Nov and our MB's disappeared yesterday too. IT could not get them back last night but said that they would continue to work on our account.

I have been reading (on there) about the disappearing MagicBands, so I have logged on & off the MDE several times already today, and mine are still there... This is scary! Good luck and please keep us posted!!

Mine are gone as well. I have logged in and out hoping that would help but it hasn't.

Has anyone with this issue called and had it fixed? I'm not sure what to do...but I am really nervous our FP+ reservations will disappear next!

Reporting in. MBs are still there and 4 days left to customize. FP+ still there also. Keeping fingers crossed!!!

Does the "Personalize MagicBands" change back into "Manage MagicBands"?

Can you load two one day tickets to the same magic band.
We are going to hs and Epcot ... It is cheaper to buy two one day passes than one two day pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter