magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 5 (2 gray 2 purple 1blue) that shipped on the 21st. I'm ok with either style but will be a lil bummed if we get the old style because I was going to order skins for them but decided not to since I wasn't sure what we'd receive.

the accessories are due out any day now. I checked in Epcot yesterday and while they had a couple of the new MB's they didn't have any of the accessories yet.
Checked again yesterday (12/25) at DHS and still no accessories.

Wondering if we have a definitive answer to how long the battery has been lasting in version 1.0 of the MBs.
Agree with Bryan that there's no definite answer. As mentioned, they'll still work for everything other than picking up ride pics. I have one band that I got early in 2014 that still works fine for getting ride pics nearly 3 years later. I have another of the lightweight purple ones that I got last spring (less than a year ago) and it never picks up the pics (or the extras like in the queue at Everest, Small world, etc.).

Ah, we didn't make it back that far. Asked along Main Street and over in Frontierland with no success.

That band is in the shop disney parks app to tell you where it currently is. (Although it went in saying sold out) so who knows if it's accurate for where they have stock.

We have until Dec 29 to customize (which we've already done). I would really love the new bands, mostly just to have something different. I'll be sure to post here what we receive.

We have until Dec 29 to customize (which we've already done). I would really love the new bands, mostly just to have something different. I'll be sure to post here what we receive.

Same here! We have a split stay coming up - yesterday was our final day to customize the first set of bands, and 12/31 is our final day for the second set. We have a party of six with a range of colors in both sets, so I'll definitely report back when we get them.

Posting an update. OUr new magic bands arrived yesterday and they were the new style with the annual pass sliders. For anyone else wondering...

I got my AP bands today and they are 2.0 (yellow, blue, and pink for what it's worth). I have a resort set shipping 1/25, if they happen to be 2.0, I will report back. In wearing them for 5 mins, I like 2.0. The "face" is bigger, but I like the thinner strap. Slightly more comfortable.

From the previous posts it looks like AP's will receive the new bands but it's a toss up if you're just a regular visitor. A bit disappointing but Disney wants to clear our their warehouses of the old version before shipping out the new ones.

To those of you who just received MagicBand 2.0 Passholder bands, what does the slider look like? Is it still the orange ones from 2016?

Has anyone ordered magic bands from Disney Store online lately? We need to order some (staying offsite next trip but like them for convenience with fast passes & tickets) & would prefer to get the new version.

Our bands shipped 12/22, arrived today and they are the old style. I never ordered our AP bands so I did that a few days ago. They shipped today, fingers crossed they're the new ones. I already got myself one of the 45th Anniversary bands so it's just DH and the kids who need the new ones :teeth:

Our bands shipped 12/22, arrived today and they are the old style. I never ordered our AP bands so I did that a few days ago. They shipped today, fingers crossed they're the new ones. I already got myself one of the 45th Anniversary bands so it's just DH and the kids who need the new ones :teeth:

I got my MB for my late January trip last weekend, and they were the old type. I ordered our new AP bands about two days after the ship date for the resort bands, and all three of the AP bands are the new ones. I am hoping the accessories come out soon, as none of us really like wearing the bands and would love an alternate method of wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter