Magic Aug 27th 7 night Med Kids/Teens Thread

Hi,

This is Rio. My sister had a good idea for a game that she will post about in a minute. When I grow up I want to be cruise staff or perform on a cruise ship. I love running games and parties and singing and dancing and whatnot.

Rio:mickeybar

Hi everybody,

I think an online game is a great idea, Josh. One that I have played on cruise meets before is the Song Title Game. To start somebody says a song title and the artist who wrote it. Then everybody else has to try to come up with another song title with one of the same words in the title as was in the last title. For example:

Old Blue Chair-Kenny Chesney

Old Time Rock and Roll-Bob Seger

Rock With You- Michael Jackson

etc.

Does that sound fun to everybody else? I think that it is an awesome idea to play a game and this one is really fun.

We just had a school break too, Matthew. The Harry Potter train sounds like so much fun. I wish I could have done that. I did not do any major trips during my break, however, I did do some fun things. Fat Tuesday is a big holiday here and there is always a parade so I went to that with my friend Ayme and then I went to a Girl Scout event near the Alps with my Mom for 4 days. Do the US schools have a school break anytime soon?

One more thing. The next question of the week is:

What is the best movie you have seen in theatres in the past year?

I have not actually seen a ton of movies in theatres in the past year, however, I would say that the best that I have seen is probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Despicable Me is a good movie. I just saw that at the Girl Scout event I went to last week. It was an adult leadership conference, however, the needed some older scouts to come along and babysit since several of the leaders could not attend unless they could take their kids with them. We watched Despicable Me one of the evenings and I thought that it was quite good.

Mrs Scully's Fireworks is getting really good now! More and more posts are going on the website from the students. You should post a comment on one! You are allowed to. My class would be really interested!

JOSH / Jpingu

I will definitely post on Mrs. Scully's Fireworks. I still say that your teacher had the neatest idea.

This is Matthew and Luke's Mam. Am I right in thinking that you have been on the magic before? If so I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me please!

1) Do the younger kids tend to dress up on board? I'd rather not have to take woody and buzz outfits in my suit case, but would hate to go without them, to find they need them!

2) Are there any other essential items we need to take? We have cruised before, but never on a Disney ship.

3) Is there a free ice cream machine? If so, OH NO! :eek: Ice cream overload!

4) What ages are the kids clubs? My boys will only let us leave them if they can stay together.

Hope you can answer some of these, if not, can anyone else?

From Matthew and Luke's Mam:wave2:

Sorry, I have not posted in forever. I was not feeling well and then I was on a GS trip to Salzburg, Austria.

DisneyBrits-Yes, I have cruised Disney before. this will be my ninth Disney cruise.

Some of the younger children dress up, however, it is not nearly so common as at the Disney parks and by no means necessary. The most common instances are little girls wearing princess outfitsprincess: on Formal Night. Personally I would recommend against bringing the costumes. Especially since I can imagine costumes (Buzz in particular) being very hot in the Med in summer, however, I obviously do not know how important the costumes are to your boys.

What other cruise lines have you cruised? I have sailed Princess:goodvibes, Celebrity:goodvibes, Carnival:mad: and I am about to take my first Royal Carribean cruise next week:woohoo:.

The only thing I can think of right now that you might need on disney versus another cruise line is pirate clothing for pirate nightpirate:. They are not necessary, however, a fair amount of the kids wear pirate costumes or at least a t-shirt, eye patch, fake sword, hook, etc. so if your boys like dressing up you might consider getting them some piratey garb. I know my whole family will definitely be dressing up.

Yes, there is free soft serve ice cream on deck 9 by the Mickey Pool. Unfortunately, I have no recommendations there on how to prevent an ice cream overload.

The recently changed some of the ways the kids clubs work and I have not sailed disney since then. Previously the kids club age groups were as follows:

Oceaner Club 3-7

Oceaner Lab 8-10

Ocean Quest 11-13

The Stack 14-17

Now they are:

Oceaner Club 3-10

Oceaner Lab 3-10

Edge 11-13

Vibe 14-17

Here is a link to DCL website about them: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/youth-clubs/
This new set up has not been very popular and many are hoping that they switch back to the old system, however, that has yet to occur. I hope your boys both fall into one of these clubs. If not Disney normally lets you "bump" up or down a level if you are close to the border and one of them could probably do that. My little brother and I have bumped several times to be with friends or be in the club with the activities that we prefer.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I cannot wait to meet you all.

DisneyBrits-I just thought of one more thing that you might want on a Disney Cruise with Dissers, Fish Extenders. Here is a link to the website for our group of Dissers the people of of this thread and the adult thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2395774&page=16): http://aug27disneymedcruisers.weebly.com/fun-stuff.html. That link will send you straight to the FE (Fish Extender) section and I think FEs are explained well enough under info. If not please feel free to ask questions. FEs are ton of fun and really just make the cruise even more magically. Presents can be a small as some tattoos or a bag of candy to as complex as homemade notebooks and CDs. They are a lot of fun and i would greatly recommend taking part. You can make your own FE or buy one from several sellers on Ebay. We got ours from: http://shop.ebay.com/gradysmommy/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562. She makes some really cute FEs. I will post a picture of ours soon (right now I am not on the computer with the pictures from our last Disney Cruise saved on it).

My favorite book is probably Spindle's End by Robin Mckinley, however, I love a lot of books so it i hard picking.

One of my favourite books is Philip Ardagh's Book Of Absolutely Useless Lists For Absolutely Every Day Of The Year by, you guessed it, Philp Ardagh. :rotfl:

JOSH​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter