lunch day TS for nearly 2yo recommendations

jamez2014

Mouseketeer
thanks in advance, we are looking for a 1credit TS meal to do before the MVMCP we are racking our brain and cant think of anything, ideally something in a resort and entertaining for a nearly 2yo. we have all our other meals booked so hoping that a recommendation comes up that’s not something we have booked.

I cant believe im recommending this but what about something like ohana? They have activities for kids, which will allow your tot to at least get up and observe (assuming your tot is the typical restless type :teeth:) Im not a fan of the food, thats why i dont usually recommend.

Also, did you want a character meal? if so, Chef Mickeys? Its a short walk over to MK. There's also Whispering Canyon cafe at WL. The boat ride to and from MK would be fun.

I cant believe im recommending this but what about something like ohana? They have activities for kids, which will allow your tot to at least get up and observe (assuming your tot is the typical restless type :teeth:) Im not a fan of the food, thats why i dont usually recommend.

Also, did you want a character meal? if so, Chef Mickeys? Its a short walk over to MK. There's also Whispering Canyon cafe at WL. The boat ride to and from MK would be fun.

'Ohana isn't open for lunch unforunately.

If you have are planning on a park day that day then Crystal Palace or even Tusker House if you have park hoppers, if you are not planning a park day beforehand then 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's or a late breakfast at Ohana (I think they have them until 11ish)

I too was going to suggest the Crystal Palace. If you have MVMCP Tickets, you can get access to the park at 4 PM.

@jodim Also you don't need the "Hopper" as it doesn't apply to the MVMCP. That ticket includes the cost of admission to MK. You would, however, have to use a days ticket to go to the Tusker House (in AK) so unless there were already planning to visit the AK (or you have an AP), I wouldn't consider that as a viable option (Pretty expensive meal otherwise).

I also like the Whispering Canyons, but I don't know how well a 2 YO would deal with it. I am thinking that maybe something with characters is much better.

thanks in advance, we are looking for a 1credit TS meal to do before the MVMCP we are racking our brain and cant think of anything, ideally something in a resort and entertaining for a nearly 2yo. we have all our other meals booked so hoping that a recommendation comes up that’s not something we have booked.

I'm guessing that since you are doing MVMCP in the evening, you are looking for something not in a park for lunch. There aren't too many character meal lunches outside of the parks. You would have more choices if you would consider a late breakfast. 1900 Park Fare breakfast has late seating times, up until around 11:45am or so. The character interaction there was great and I enjoyed the food. Characters when we went were the Mad Hatter, Alice, Tigger, Pooh, and Mary Poppins.

Another "entertaining" option would be Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge.

'Ohana isn't open for lunch unforunately.
Oops! I missed the part where you indicated lunch. My mistake. Sometimes I miss the obvious. :(

Yes with a MVMCP, you can get into MK at 4pm. you could do and early dinner/late lunch at Crystal Palace. :) Although if your thinking about lunch at the proper lunch hour....i'd probably go with Whispering Canyon, or Chef Mickeys, or a late breakfast at Ohana. All great choices.

Last edited:
@pegg110 you are completely right, I was thinking going from MK to AK. Thank you for clarifying!!

You could try to get the latest breakfast time at Trattoria al Forno.

I would love to try this new character breakfast out! Ariel and Prince Eric...Rapunzel and Flynn!

What time are you hoping to eat? That would give us an idea if you are looking for a late lunch or early dinner. Are you planning on arriving at MK at 4 pm? Or closer to when the party actually starts?

Edited: Sorry! I see you said lunch. I would recommend going to one of the MK resorts so you are close to the park to enter the party. For entertainment, Chef Mickey's is probably the most obvious choice. The food isn't great, but the Fab 5 will be there if your 2-year old like characters. The Wave at CR (while not "entertaining") has great food and you can walk to MK from there. A little bit of a travel hassle, but Trail's End at Ft. W is great for young ones, IMHO. The atmosphere is cute and the stables with all the WDW horses is right next door. They have certain height restrictions, but they have pony rides there, as well, that your child may enjoy. It's a lovely boat ride from MK to Ft. W

Brunch at Chef Mickey's? Also some of the character breakfasts run until 11-11:30ish.... you could try for a late reservation at 'Ohana or Cape May Café.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter