Lunch After Embarking on the Dream?

SWB

Mouseketeer
Where would you suggest having lunch after embarking on the Dream? Is any one restaurant better/easier at that time?

Thanks!
Steve

you mean the day you get on the ship? the boat technically doesn't "sail away" until after lunchtime.... are you looking for recommendations on where to eat lunch the first day? :goodvibes

You can either go to Enchanted Garden or Cabanas. Enchanted Garden is one floor down from the atrium (take the stairs behind Donald). Cabanas is in the aft on deck 11. Cabanas has a better selection for the buffet, but EG has nice hard ice cream for desert. Both are great choices.

It is up to you where to go, but the cast members will try to sway you once you enter the ship to go to one or the other. EG closes earlier than Cabanas, so if you embark later, you may only have one choice. If you have your heart set on one, I suggest just ignoring politely the cast member recommendation.

we had EG on the day we boarded the ship. the buffet lunch was okay, we had cabannas another day and if I had to choose between the two I would do cabannas.

Cabanas is great for lunch that first day. Get a seat by the window and watch all the other smaller boats sail away. Its also easy access to the sail away party on the pool deck. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the question and responses! We are sailing on our 13th DCL trip Sunday...but 1st time on the Dream. Cabanas on Sunday for us :-)

We really enjoyed Cabana's. We found selections were very nice on the first day for lunch. There were food offerings the first day that we didn't see again the rest of the trip.

We had a group of 10 of us, some adults some kids. Once we got up on deck the kids were ready to hit the pools and aquaduck. We decided to grab a couple of tables near the window and the Mickey pool and settle in for a bit. The kids hit the quick service so they could get to the fun stuff and the adults took turns going into the buffet at Cabana's. It's funny how much "planning" we did, then when we got there we made "adjustments" to our plans. :rotfl:

Is there a lot of outside seating at Cabanas? We are really looking forward to that first lunch outside with the whole family before everyone heads off in different directions. I know my kids will want to go straight to the Aquaduck too!!!

We ate at EG. It was so quiet and relaxing. Cabanas and the pool area is busy and noisy, which is fine.. but we were happy to have a calm, quiet lunch after all the travel to Florida and getting to the port, etc.
Beth

Is there a lot of outside seating at Cabanas?!

It seemed that there was about the same amount of outside seating (aft) at Cabanas as there is on the "classic" ships. Being a bigger ship though, there are more people so . . .

you mean the day you get on the ship? the boat technically doesn't "sail away" until after lunchtime.... are you looking for recommendations on where to eat lunch the first day? :goodvibes

That is exactly what I'm asking.

Thanks for all the help and advice! Knowing where to go with our carry on and have a great lunch will help make things smoother.

All opinions are welcomed!

Steve

A lot will depend on when you actually board the ship. We were on board by 11:30 am and went right up to Cabanas. We were among the first to get in as it opened. No lines and plenty of seating. Great food choices. As it gets later and more crowded, then a quieter place to eat would be in EG. Either way will get your cruise off to a fantastic start.

A lot will depend on when you actually board the ship. We were on board by 11:30 am and went right up to Cabanas. We were among the first to get in as it opened. No lines and plenty of seating. Great food choices. As it gets later and more crowded, then a quieter place to eat would be in EG. Either way will get your cruise off to a fantastic start.

Our arrival time is 11:00-11:30 (according to the website) so how long does it take to go threw check in? Ive never been on a cruise before.

Our arrival time is 11:00-11:30 (according to the website) so how long does it take to go threw check in? Ive never been on a cruise before.

Depends on crowds, which are going to be huge at that time of the day. Actual check-in may take 10-20 minutes, then you have to wait until boarding begins and your boarding number is called. DCL's official boarding start time is, if I recall correctly, about 12:30-1. It usually doesn't take this long, starting about 11:45 or so. But it all depends on the exact circumstances on the day you board.

Depends on crowds, which are going to be huge at that time of the day. Actual check-in may take 10-20 minutes, then you have to wait until boarding begins and your boarding number is called. DCL's official boarding start time is, if I recall correctly, about 12:30-1. It usually doesn't take this long, starting about 11:45 or so. But it all depends on the exact circumstances on the day you board.

oh ok thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter