Lovmy2girls go to LeCellier for the First Time Review

lovmy2girls said:
Believe me, If we would have looked at the price before we put in the order or even after the second order, we would not have gotten it. NO WAY!! We were shocked! I have read about ICE WINE but never a dollar amount on the stuff. We are not wine people, we like our mixed drinks more, but have read where you have to try the ICE WiNE when you go to LeCellier, just like the cheese soup and bread sticks. So we did! Never again.

Disney husband Here! And since I am the one flipping the dead presidents for all this fun :dance3: ...I will have more Ice Wine in the future. it was very good ...I did some looking and it can be bought for around $45 a bottle (same year and region)

I have Le Cellier ADRs and have been wavering for awhile. Every time I see a picture of that tiny filet on top of the teeny potatoes all I can think is "where can I get a snack when I'm done?" I guess it doesn't help that I could care less if I ever ate steak! Anyway I read your Kona review as well and am wondering if you would recommend it over Le Cellier to someone who has been to neither?

kcrew said:
I have Le Cellier ADRs and have been wavering for awhile. Every time I see a picture of that tiny filet on top of the teeny potatoes all I can think is "where can I get a snack when I'm done?" I guess it doesn't help that I could care less if I ever ate steak! Anyway I read your Kona review as well and am wondering if you would recommend it over Le Cellier to someone who has been to neither?

My husband had the bigger steak. So if size is your worry go for the big one! I really wanted to go and try the bread sticks and chedder soup, and I am glad I did they were really good.

Now for that question about Kona or LeCellier! JMHO, I like Kona over LeCellier for steak. I have had their steak at Kona and I loved it. Very good, but there was nothing wrong with the Steak at LeCellier.

Thanks for your review and pictures. My husband and I are going in December and I am making our ADR's in a couple weeks. My husband loves a good steak and I was going to make Le Cellier one of the restaurants on my list but after looking at your pictures now I am not sure. We aren't fancy people and aren't much into going to fancypants restaurants where you get a tiny steak, 2 carrots and one potato wedge for dinner.

So my question is, is this a place I should be making an ADR or should I be looking for another restaurant for our day at Epcot. I have been torn on this one for a while but thought we would go and try it but I don;t want to be disappointed and have my husband thinking where can I get a snack after dinner.

Can anyone help me? :confused3 :confused: :worried: :thanks:

crazy*about*mickey said:
Thanks for your review and pictures. My husband and I are going in December and I am making our ADR's in a couple weeks. My husband loves a good steak and I was going to make Le Cellier one of the restaurants on my list but after looking at your pictures now I am not sure. We aren't fancy people and aren't much into going to fancypants restaurants where you get a tiny steak, 2 carrots and one potato wedge for dinner.

So my question is, is this a place I should be making an ADR or should I be looking for another restaurant for our day at Epcot. I have been torn on this one for a while but thought we would go and try it but I don;t want to be disappointed and have my husband thinking where can I get a snack after dinner.

Can anyone help me? :confused3 :confused: :worried: :thanks:

Well, my husband had the bigger steak, and We were both more than full from this dinner, but we both had appys too. We choose LeCellier for the other food too, not just the steak. The soup, shrimp and bread were all good too. I don't want to pull you in the wrong direction here. Thats all I know to say for fact. Good luck.

1. The breadsticks? Do they bring you three for the whole table?

2. Ice Wine. Despite the price tag, is it a sweet white wine? I am heading to the F&W Festival this year and the Canada booth is one of my first stops for the ice wine and cheese soup. Are they both worth it?

Thank you!

Love your reviews complete with the great pictures. That's exactly what I love about DIS.

Lovemy2girls, Great review and the pictures added so much. I always get the filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes. Even though it looks like a small portion, it is very filling, especially when you have appetizers, drinks, and dessert. Glad you and your family enjoyed your meal.

kabbie said:
1. The breadsticks? Do they bring you three for the whole table?

2. Ice Wine. Despite the price tag, is it a sweet white wine? I am heading to the F&W Festival this year and the Canada booth is one of my first stops for the ice wine and cheese soup. Are they both worth it?

Thank you!

Love your reviews complete with the great pictures. That's exactly what I love about DIS.

They brought us 2 sets of breadsticks for the five of us. Then I asked for more when they were gone. No problem. All three are very good, and there is even a story behind each type of bread in relation to Canada, but she was talking way to fast for me to get it all, it was the end of the night for her I think and she was tired of saying that little story.

Yes, that Ice Wine was very, very sweet white wine. I think both are worth it. You get a samller portion at the F&WF, but along with that a smaller price.
We had NEVER tried Ice Wine and wanted to know what all the fuss was about. Now we know! The soup is worth it to. My hubby and I want to go for the food and Wine festival and Canada will be on our stop.

I think Le Cellier is the most overrated restaurant at WDW - tiny portions, gristly steaks, poor service, crowded tables ...

<<<<<<NOT!>>>>>>

I hadn't seen any dissenting views here yet, and thought I'd post one, just for kicks. But I didn't have the heart to. 'Cause we purely love LC as the best of the World Showcase options, and while I'd grant that it's possible to hit it on an off night, it's never happened to us.

We're fans; glad to hear so many others think it's good, too.

That is the snack. The question is where to make ressies for dinner after Le Cellier.

I made a meal one time of breadsticks, a small salad, cheddar cheese soup, and creme brulee for dessert. I only liked 2 of the breadstick varieties (pretzel was the best), and every time I ran out, they'd bring me more. I must have gone through 4 orders of pretzel breadsticks. Yum!!
LeCellier is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW.

Thanks so much for the review and the photos, it gives us something to look forward to when we dine there for the 1st time on the 28th!

Was the shrimp on the wasabi coleslaw seasoned? I was thinking of ordering that but since I'm allergic to eggs, the coleslaw part might be out. I'm hoping the shrimp had a good flavor....or I might try to tomato stack since it will be so hot. Do alot of people eat the soup in the summer? I'm afraid we might be to hot to try the soup....decisions, decisions!!

We're on the dining plan so I don't think we can go wrong, really with the choices we have. :)

lovmy2girls said:
They brought us 2 sets of breadsticks for the five of us. Then I asked for more when they were gone. No problem. All three are very good, and there is even a story behind each type of bread in relation to Canada, but she was talking way to fast for me to get it all, it was the end of the night for her I think and she was tired of saying that little story.

Yes, that Ice Wine was very, very sweet white wine. I think both are worth it. You get a samller portion at the F&WF, but along with that a smaller price.
We had NEVER tried Ice Wine and wanted to know what all the fuss was about. Now we know! The soup is worth it to. My hubby and I want to go for the food and Wine festival and Canada will be on our stop.
The ice wine is absolutely a must try at the F&W it is a rather sweet wine because the grapes are left on the vines until the first freeze of the season and then they are picked which is done to $75 which isnt really that bad. have fun and enjoy oh yeah the cheddar cheese soup is also really great dont know if I would do both at the same time without some water to clean the taste of the soup out before having the wine

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
That is the snack. The question is where to make ressies for dinner after Le Cellier.

He He :rotfl: Maybe I can ask for it to be supersized! Anyway, I know what everyone is thinking and you're right, maybe I should take a lesson in portion control,,,when I get BACK from Disney. :cool1:

Is that just the name of the wine ?
And I read that it is a very sweet white wine, huh ??
Trying LC for 1st time in November.....
We Are thrilled to be trying it !

bellenbuzz said:
Is that just the name of the wine ?
And I read that it is a very sweet white wine, huh ??
Trying LC for 1st time in November.....
We Are thrilled to be trying it !

The style is ice wine and the brand is Inniskillin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter