Lovmy2girls go to LeCellier for the First Time Review

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
Each trip I try to pick all new places to try. This is our first time at LeCellier and we were very excited. :cool1: We didn’t order steak anywhere else on our trip, holding out for this special night. That was hard, because I love the steak at Kona….but …….back to LeCellier.

We arrived for our dinner a few minutes early. Our ADR was at 8:30. This was the best time I could get, even after trying for several months. My husband walked up to the lady out front who greets the poor unlucky people with no ADRs, and the few who are lucky enough to have an ADR, and before he could say anything…She said “Sorry, no times available”. My husband trying to be funny….Said “Doege, party of 5”, the nice lady from Canada kept saying, “Sorry” I don’t know why communication broke down here, but those two finally got it worked out and she let us in.

The inside is really beautiful. We were, I think unlucky enough to get a table right by the two doors leading into the kitchen, but it all buffed out, and was fine.
DSC02298.jpg

We started the meal off with of course a few drinks. Having heard about the Ice wine, my husband ordered a glass, and I an Ice Wine Martini. Both were fantastic. The wine was so good in fact, my hubby ordered another glass. Now those of you who have dinned at this establishment, or are even just more educated on cost of Ice wine know how much this cost. WE DID NOT! Yea baby, $30.50 worth of wine! Glad we had the DDE card to help out just a bit here. Note to self: No more ice wine once was enough!

The first pic is of the Ice Wine, then the Ice Wine martini, followed by Torontopolitan and then the kids lemonade .

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

The bread sticks, as so many others have said were great! I had the cheddar cheese soup, and hubby had the shrimp Cocktail on wassabe coleslaw, both were awesome.
DSC02293.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02300.jpg

I had the Filet with mash potatoes. The steak was very, very tender! Husband had the NY Strip 14oz steak. Excellent as well. I also included the kids pasta and chicken strips. I thought it was a nice touch adding the fruit to the chicken strips.

DSC02309.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

For dessert, the kids got the Chocolate moose and the Smores. Very cute desserts and the highlight of their meal. Hubby and I split the Maple Crème Brulee.

DSC02318.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

DSC02317.jpg

After the shock from our bill, (Ice Wine is how Much????) we made our way back to the
Monorail and headed to the Poly.

Overall impressions. Excellent food. Great atmosphere, but prefer not sitting by the two kitchen doors. Service was fantastic. We had Katie for our server and she was very on top of things. There are some restaurants that are on my “Will do again even though I have not tried every restaurant in WDW yet list” and this did not make it. Please no flames or harsh words, I liked the food very much, and I’m very glad I tried LeCellier; it was a great dinning experience.

Thank you for the review with the pics! We too tried it once and it is barely on our "maybe we should give it another chance list". Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for sharing your review. Le Cellier is one of my favorites. Your pictures are making me wish I were there now!

Thanks for the review and pictures. My son and I will be having dinner there for the first time this August. :cool1:

I can't wait! :cheer2:

Thanks for the great review and pictures. Le Cellier has been our list to do every trip for a few years, sorry it's not on yours. :)

Glad you enjoyed it. We've had excellent meals there, and then some not-so-good meals there (and pretty much always ordered the same thing!).

I am glad to hear that you had excellent service. The past couple times, we've hardly seen our server, and always had a long wait for drink refills.

Thanks for your review (and the pics to go with it). We've eaten here the last two times we've been down to the World, and found it to be average steaks at above average prices (though DW and I do love the cheddar cheese soup and breadsticks, expecially the sourdough breadsticks). We may go back in the future, probably to try the lunch menu, but the whole combination of good-not-great steaks, loooong wait time for tables (even with ADRs), and service on the slow side just doesn't add up to a very enjoyable experience for us.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies and lovely family.

I loved the pictures. As for the ice wine cost I am not surprised. Most good Canadian ice wines will run $50 and up a bottle. I love ice wine but limit myself to a glass for dessert on the rare occasion we eat somewhere nice. That seemed like a rather large serving to me which means I will most likely be trying it out on our trip in Sept. Usually, they are served in much smaller amounts than a regular wine glass. Was the $30.50 your whole bar tab or just the wine and martini? If so, maybe I won't be drinking a glass. :sad2:

pperfectmom said:
I loved the pictures. As for the ice wine cost I am not surprised. Most good Canadian ice wines will run $50 and up a bottle. I love ice wine but limit myself to a glass for dessert on the rare occasion we eat somewhere nice. That seemed like a rather large serving to me which means I will most likely be trying it out on our trip in Sept. Usually, they are served in much smaller amounts than a regular wine glass. Was the $30.50 your whole bar tab or just the wine and martini? If so, maybe I won't be drinking a glass. :sad2:

The $30.50 was just for the 2 - 3oz pours of Ice Wine. I only know it to be 3oz because after the bill came I looked at the wine list just to see if maybe a mistake had been made in our bill tabulation. NOPE! It was correct! :faint:

The Ice Wine Martini was $8.75

Loved the pics, brought back fond memories of last year! My 5 year old DD just walked in and saw the smores picture and yelled "I want to go there!".

I guess I'll have to take your word on how tasty the wine was. I could pay for a lot of souvenirs with that much. :sad2:

pperfectmom said:
I guess I'll have to take your word on how tasty the wine was. I could pay for a lot of souvenirs with that much. :sad2:

Believe me, If we would have looked at the price before we put in the order or even after the second order, we would not have gotten it. NO WAY!! We were shocked! I have read about ICE WINE but never a dollar amount on the stuff. We are not wine people, we like our mixed drinks more, but have read where you have to try the ICE WiNE when you go to LeCellier, just like the cheese soup and bread sticks. So we did! Never again.

Thanks - great pics. I am a Martini lady - both the LeCellier one and the KONA one look WONDERFUL!!! :drinking1

Hi ... Thank you for the wonderful review and great photos - enjoyed reading and looking at your pics :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter