• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

L'Originale Alfredo De Roma - 31st Jan

So for the first time I went to Alfredo's and I have never been so disappointed in a resturant in my life. After having so much hype about it from a friend of mine I thought it would be brilliant but no.

I started off with Buffallo Mozzerella which was nice although there was far too much olive oil on it. The mozzerella however was huge which was a bonus as it meant the middle but could be eaten without the oil.

My friend had the calamari which again looked nice and he said tasted fine.

We both had Chicken Parmasian for main (or at least that was what it was in English). I was really looking foreward to it but when it arrived the chicken was cold and in breadcrumbs (which the write up did not specify) and the pasta had very little sauce on it. I was really disappointed as I thought it was going to be fantastic.

For dessert I had Tiramisu. It was really nice but was disappointed that desserts weren't listed on the menu itself as I would like to have known the price because it was tiny! As it was I was on the meal plan but I think if I had actually paid for it I might have been annoyed.

The service was brilliant. The lady we had didn't have the best English but was really chatty and friendly and thats always nice. She was really accomadating too as another friend joined us for the main course as he was working in the morning, and she didn't mind us waiting for him to order. She also managed to remember what drink I had which usually I find people have to ask, and brought it before mine was even empty! My friend claimed he got diet coke rather than normal but I think he was just picking fault as he always did on this trip.

Anyway I don't think I would ever go back there. The food was worse than Olive Garden (not that Olive Garden is not nice because it is but quality wise you expect Alfredos to be better) and a whole lot more expensive. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

Also just to be aware, they sell Rosa Regale (pink champagne like wine) in the resturant and it is twice the price of the same size glass outside on the drink cart. If you do like the stuff like me, buy a glass and take it in with you. I did and then I ordered a soft drink with my meal and no one seemed to mind. If I'm honest I brought it outside as I wasn't sure if they served it inside but when I saw the price I was glad I did it this way.

DBF and myself went to Alfredo's 2 years ago on the free dining plan and we were VERY dissappointed (to put it mildly!) with the meal here! It was just a really bad meal. I think Chef Boyardee would've been alot better! :eek: The service wasn't the best either. Our waiter seemed put off that we were on the DDP. I'm glad that they are closing this restaurant down for something new....hopefully the new restaurant will be open by the beginning of December when DBF and myself make another trip down to the World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter