Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jillian and Mike! I did that - I really want to be on top of it tonight, cuz I can't take the "good stuff" tomorrow. I have to drive over the mountain to have lunch with my aunt and pick Jim up at the airport.

So it's Tylenol and Motrin tomorrow! And I think I'll pick up a nice bottle of wine for sure:thumbsup2

Insomnia is back in full force..not too bad except I tend to eat a lot overnight. I also have a cough that keeps me up WHEN I sleep. Ugh.

Luckily I have a big project to do...working on my digital scrapbooking from the last trip we took. I love doing that stuff.

OMG, I just saw something on the news about a woman who was gaining weight and they couldn't figure out why - turns out she was sleepwalking.... to the refrigerator!!!! She was eating in her sleep!

Good Morning Girls!

Tina, I hope you all get to feeling better!

Here are some pics of Cammie, Kara JEAN and Ellen from the Mammoth May Meet - they look so cute! I borrowed these from Lifelong Dreamer.

dis-karacammieellen.jpg

dis-ellencammiekj.jpg

dis-cammie.jpg

Hey! I recognize those chicks!!!! :rotfl2:

Lorrie - I will NOT tell you how Grey's ends..... you need to watch it - really good ending. Very Titanicish. I just watched Lost last night. Jeff has been gone for two nights so I caught up on everything on Tivo. Lost..... WOW!

Sounds like Debbie is having fun. It is sooooo hot here right now though. Seriously, it was 95 yesterday and at swim team last night it was still 90 at 6pm - another mom and I grabbed a couple of beers and kicked back in the shade.......

First swim meet is tomorrw on the other side of town. We have to leave our house at 7am.... on a Saturday!!!! What's up with that????

So Ally went to her first golf clinic on Wednesday - we signed her up for 4 weeks of this. She was so upset that she didn't have an iron so instead of just buying her an iron and a bag, Jeff had me get her a whole new set!!!! It was on sale and only $20 more than just the bag and iron, and it's a complete set with 6 clubs, headcovers, and a bag. And of course it's all..... pink.

My little Annika Sorenstam is so pumped about golf. She wants to go to the driving range tonight so I think we'll do that after dinner. Jeff won't be home until about 10 or so. Get this, the company flew him to Pittsburgh to play in a golf tourney. Seriously.

Lorrie - I am coming to Chattanooga next week. How close do you live??? I'll be there Wednesday night until Friday morning.

So I just got back from picking DD9 up from school. Got the call from the nurse saying she was sick. She's had a cough and a slight fever all week, but nothing we were too worried about. However the nurse tells me that if her fever gets over 100.4 per the state law she has to stay out of school for 7 days. ???? I've never heard this before.

Well it turns out when they were on a field trip today it was very humid and muggy. They walked up and down flights of stairs, didn't get lunch until late and then only got one bottle of water. So probably between the humidity and dehydration she got sick. When I picked her up there was ten kids from her class at the nurse with the same symptoms.

Thankfully we have nothing going on this weekend so we're going to let her sit on the couch.

Well I've started my fun planning for our trip. I found a really cool Mickey Patriot football iron-on design on the creative Dis thread. I'm going to make a shirt for DH for father's day this weekend.:woohoo:

Kara - did I hear you say it was 95 degrees today? How's the humidity?

Tina - it is actually 95 right now!!!! The humidity is only at 35% but it's just so hot! The sun is brutal! the real feel temp on Tuesday was 107. It's hot. No doubt about it.

Debbie said they are having a totally different kind of vacay too - she said it's hot there, too (naturally since they are SOUTH of us!). Laying by the pool today and she said to say hello to everyone and that she misses us all! Yeah, right! No offense, but when I'm in Disney, I do NOT miss you guys! :rotfl2: Well, you know what I mean.

Cammie has a couple of family issues - I talked to her a couple nights ago. It's all working itself out but she's just been really busy. I'm sure we'll see her back here soon.

OK, so yesterday at the pool, right after swim team practice (the meet was cancelled cause the other team had some issue with their pool), Ally went home with her friend, Ally (yes, they spell their names the same!), for lunch. Jeff and I stayed and ate at the pool. Next thing you know, Ally and Ally have schemed to have a sleepover..... at the OTHER Ally's house! :cool1:

So Jeff and I had to the night to ourselves! We played 9 holes of golf, then went out to this new sushi restaurant. So good!

Who knows when Ally will be home today..... I think we will end up meeting them up at the pool. And then she already said she wants to play 18 holes of golf today.

Kara - I'm about two hours from Chattanooga, I think - maybe three, or somewhere in between. I'm not really sure. :confused3 I'll ask Carlos - he drove through there alot going back and forth to Atlanta.

Yay for Ally & golf! That is great and the swimming is awesome too! I'm so glad that the Ally's got you guys an adult night last night. :goodvibes

Tammie - what did you have done? Was it a crown or a root canal? I think I missed that - but I so hope you are feeling much better and the pain is less.

Cammie - thinking of you and hoping all is okay with you! :flower3:

Jillian - okay medical question here. Call me dumb but I didn't realize hydrocodone is vicodin. If my dog was on that - liquid form - for a year for coughing at night (she had mitrovalve regurgitation with an enlarged heart)... I guess what I'm trying to get at is it was given for her night "coughing" but was she in more pain than I realized? I just thought it was cough syrup - :confused:

Laura - I hope that you are doing well. You've been on my mind a lot.

About Debbie - I got a couple of texts where we chatted about the heat. Sounds like she is vacaying super smart - laid back and doing the pool. Trust me from experience, when it is 97 degrees there at WDW you sorta have to - it is just so hot! I was glad to hear she let the control freak side go and has been just playing it by ear. I hope the vacay is great for her. :goodvibes

We have a pool party at 1. Nicolas' bf. I don't think it will happen. We have a huge thunderstorm blob headed this way on radar. He's going to be crushed. What can you do? :confused3

What do you guys think about starting a new sport when he starts Kindergarden? Too much - okay? He wants to give baseball a shot and they have a fall season here. The coach is his BF's dad who is AMAZING with the kids. Very Patient.

Glad to hear everyone is having a good weekend. DH9 isn't doing so well - she's going to stay home tomorrow with DH I'm think she ight have a respertory infection which isn't good. Running around a little and she's coughing up a storm. Yesterday we spent the day in our PJs and on the couch. We watched the DL cake celebration on the Food Network - loved it.

Trying to figure out what type of celebration we should be having - maybe going into 5th and 2nd grade or our 14th anniversary or our unbirthday?? HMMM.

Lorrie- I think it is a smooth muscle relaxant and so it would help the muscle from spasms that made her "cough"??? I am not sure I will have to look it up. I don't think vicodin does a great job on pain,but that's just me.

Tina thanks for the great advice. I am going to have to take out more cash than I thought. I will also have the travel agent plot out Cracker Barrels for me.

All is super here back to work tomorrow I am going to try and give Cammie a ring and see if I can help in anyway.

Hope you all have a great Monday and if I don't get to stop by the rest of the week.

Hi Girls! I was out of town for the weekend. We had the kids Master's grad - 90 min away on Sat. I went on Friday afternoon and had lunch with my favorite aunt - she's so much fun - and then I met Mark and Lindz at the hotel and we went shopping at Old Navy and then got Chinese food. Remember where we live is pretty dry. So while we were eating dinner, we heard people in the front of the restaurant start screaming - we looked up and there was a huge wall of water falling from the sky! The wind was blowing shopping carts around and cars were floating already!

When we finished dinner, we ran out to the car in ankle deep water, and on one corner, with cars in front of us floating like boats, Lindz opened her door, and the water was up to the floorboards! We got back to the hotel, but the water pushed part of the wheel well liner down, so it dragged against the front tire the next day.

Jim's plane was delayed by an hour because the power was out at the airport - the power was out for quite awhile twice at the hotel. He finally made it in - I had leftovers chinese for him.

Graduation was nice. We sat on the grass with a blanket and let the babies play. It was warm and sunny. We met Ryan and Dana and Jim's parents at Red Lobster for lunch - Dana got a new puppy. (I should post pics, this is sounding like a TR :)) We went outside in the grass to let the babies play with the new puppy. A Papillion named Ladybug.

The kids went home, and Jim and I took a nap - Yah, we're old :rotfl: and then went out for dinner and a movie. It was hard to put him on the plane this morning, but he'll be back in 2 wks.

So I just got back from picking DD9 up from school. Got the call from the nurse saying she was sick. She's had a cough and a slight fever all week, but nothing we were too worried about. However the nurse tells me that if her fever gets over 100.4 per the state law she has to stay out of school for 7 days. ???? I've never heard this before.

Well it turns out when they were on a field trip today it was very humid and muggy. They walked up and down flights of stairs, didn't get lunch until late and then only got one bottle of water. So probably between the humidity and dehydration she got sick. When I\ picked her up there was ten kids from her class at the nurse with the same symptoms.

Thankfully we have nothing going on this weekend so we're going to let her sit on the couch.

Well I've started my fun planning for our trip. I found a really cool Mickey Patriot football iron-on design on the creative Dis thread. I'm going to make a shirt for DH for father's day this weekend.:woohoo:

Kara - did I hear you say it was 95 degrees today? How's the humidity?

Tina, I hope everyone is better at your house!

Tina - it is actually 95 right now!!!! The humidity is only at 35% but it's just so hot! The sun is brutal! the real feel temp on Tuesday was 107. It's hot. No doubt about it.

Debbie said they are having a totally different kind of vacay too - she said it's hot there, too (naturally since they are SOUTH of us!). Laying by the pool today and she said to say hello to everyone and that she misses us all! Yeah, right! No offense, but when I'm in Disney, I do NOT miss you guys! :rotfl2: Well, you know what I mean.

I'm so proud of Debbie for taking it easy! She looks pretty happy in her texts! I almost can't imagine her just going with the flow!:rotfl2:

Kara - I'm about two hours from Chattanooga, I think - maybe three, or somewhere in between. I'm not really sure. :confused3 I'll ask Carlos - he drove through there alot going back and forth to Atlanta.

Yay for Ally & golf! That is great and the swimming is awesome too! I'm so glad that the Ally's got you guys an adult night last night. :goodvibes

Tammie - what did you have done? Was it a crown or a root canal? I think I missed that - but I so hope you are feeling much better and the pain is less.

Cammie - thinking of you and hoping all is okay with you! :flower3:

Jillian - okay medical question here. Call me dumb but I didn't realize hydrocodone is vicodin. If my dog was on that - liquid form - for a year for coughing at night (she had mitrovalve regurgitation with an enlarged heart)... I guess what I'm trying to get at is it was given for her night "coughing" but was she in more pain than I realized? I just thought it was cough syrup - :confused:

Laura - I hope that you are doing well. You've been on my mind a lot.

About Debbie - I got a couple of texts where we chatted about the heat. Sounds like she is vacaying super smart - laid back and doing the pool. Trust me from experience, when it is 97 degrees there at WDW you sorta have to - it is just so hot! I was glad to hear she let the control freak side go and has been just playing it by ear. I hope the vacay is great for her. :goodvibes

We have a pool party at 1. Nicolas' bf. I don't think it will happen. We have a huge thunderstorm blob headed this way on radar. He's going to be crushed. What can you do? :confused3

What do you guys think about starting a new sport when he starts Kindergarden? Too much - okay? He wants to give baseball a shot and they have a fall season here. The coach is his BF's dad who is AMAZING with the kids. sVery Patient.

Lorrie, I had a couple of deep cavities and a temp crowns, with the perm. ones on order. This dentist leaves us in so much pain. He stretched the gums out and put string around to make more room to work, and then they pulled the string out. It still feels like there is something in there, and I am still in pain 3 days later! :confused3

Glad to hear everyone is having a good weekend. DH9 isn't doing so well - she's going to stay home tomorrow with DH I'm think she ight have a respertory infection which isn't good. Running around a little and she's coughing up a storm. Yesterday we spent the day in our PJs and on the couch. We watched the DL cake celebration on the Food Network - loved it.

Trying to figure out what type of celebration we should be having - maybe going into 5th and 2nd grade or our 14th anniversary or our unbirthday?? HMMM.

Just celebrate bring at Disney!:dance3:

Lorrie- I think it is a smooth muscle relaxant and so it would help the muscle from spasms that made her "cough"??? I am not sure I will have to look it up. I don't think vicodin does a great job on pain,but that's just me.

Tina thanks for the great advice. I am going to have to take out more cash than I thought. I will also have the travel agent plot out Cracker Barrels for me.

All is super here back to work tomorrow I am going to try and give Cammie a ring and see if I can help in anyway.

Hope you all have a great Monday and if I don't get to stop by the rest of the week.

Thanks Jillian, for your support on Thursday! We miss you around here - I know your're busy.

Okay, I'm sorry but if you really eat at Cracker Barrell what do you eat? We have had the worst food ever everytime we've been there. Tastes like warm paste. We are wondering why it is so popular? :confused3

Good morning girls. Just checking in. Still no sun here. Does not help with the mood. Things are better though - probably because the girls don't have to see their dad for 2 weeks now.:rolleyes: Anyway the girls and I had a good weekend together. Weather was miserable but we did alot of laughing over the silliest things. Makes me happy to see Lauren laughing so much.:goodvibes

I'm heading to buy a new camera this morning. I've wanted a better camera for awhile and I definitely want it for the Jonas Brothers concert. (still haven't blabbed! Yay ME!) Anyway, I have a Sony cybershot now. It's fine but the zoom stinks. I want an upgrade. I have a coupon for BestBuy that expires today so that's where I'm off to.

Then I think I'm treating myself to a pedicure. Having someone rub my feet always makes me feel better.:cloud9: I've gotten a ton of texts from Debbie. She seems to be having a blast. So jealous!

Hope all is well. Will try not to be such a stranger around here.

Due to high costs of baggage checking, I have taken to shipping much of our baggage back. I'm sure others have posted this, but I do the following:

1. Pack as much as I can into duffle bags.
2. Have one hard suitcase. Put some 18*18*18 flattened shipping boxes in and a roll of tape. If you can find them, you could use those heavy poly shipping bags a lot of clothes sellers use. They self-seal. Use the hard suitcase for makeup and such that can't be carried on or are fragile.
3. As the trip progresses, I dump my dirty clothes (or clean, if we have done some laundry) into the boxes, one by one, as well as toys and such (after the 1-day thrill wears off). Seal each box, walk it to the business center, and ship it ground UPS (3 days for us).
4. By the last box on the last day, I throw the duffels in as well. I save small amount of toiletries, meds, and one change of clothes in my small carry-on. We check that one hard suitcase with the makeup and such.

If you really want, and I'm the only one adventurous enough in my family to do this, you can pre-ship half your clothes in those boxes a few days before. I've done this at the Mirage in Vegas. I then pack 2 changes of clothes in my carry on, to allow for a 1-day UPS delay, and when my stuff arrives I go to business services and pick it up. Since UPS now offers recall, if your trip got cancelled you could just recall your packages in transit.

our local airline charges $15 for the first and $25 for the second bag. Believe me, you can ship a lot of stuff for $40 especially when your hard suitcase burns 10+ pounds of your weight allowance. I'm so sick of schlepping suitcases through airports this is the only way to go for me.

And I would trust UPS way more than an airline. Any time. Any day.

You won't need to plot out the Cracker Barrels - they are everywhere and you'll see the signs on the highway. Best idea is to hit the one in Wrentham, MA at the outlets and grab a map there. Once you get to Virginia they are pretty much every exit!

MAGICFOR2 - Cracker Barrels are an unusual place. I worked in the Gift store for 4+ years and I don't know why we go back. Honestly my family loves the Chicken Fried Chicken and I love the chef salad. Plus the pancakes and bacon - YUM!! Agreed not everything is great, but it's cheap enough! Plus if you don't like it tell the manager and you'll get the meal for FREE!!

DH is home sick today - he gave me the "I think I'm dying" look last night. HELLO you have a cold deal with it! When I'm sick all of my chores still have to get done - no one babies me, but when he's sick the world stops to sympathize. I think DH9 has a respitory infection - she's going to the dr today so we'll see.

CAMMIE - so glad to hear from you! You definitely deserve a pedicure!! I loved having my camera at the HM concert a few years ago. We still look at those pictures we were so close! A good camera is so worth the $$ I have a Cannon Rebel - it's simple enough right now for my first digital.

DH is home sick today - he gave me the "I think I'm dying" look last night. HELLO you have a cold deal with it! When I'm sick all of my chores still have to get done - no one babies me, but when he's sick the world stops to sympathize. I think DH9 has a respitory infection - she's going to the dr today so we'll see.

Hiya all
Tina - never ceases to amaze me how men are the same the world over!!!! This side of the ocean too!

Am crazy working/helping at school/ kids/guinea pigs/ chores/ at the minute... way too much to do!!! I think everyone is doing the "if you want something done ask a busy person" thing - so guess who gets loaded with - "would you help at the book fair - can you do the closing day - you are so good at it when it's busy...." , "can you help at the summer fair at school, you really raised lots when you manned the cake stall last year"
I hate when people push that button..... we all like to think we are good at stuff, but it is getting ridiculous!!! I think the real reason I get asked is I am the only mug who says yes more than no.....:confused3

Hey ho, getting nervous - weigh in tonight, and I'm really not sure... don't have weighing scales at home. We have 2 girls so don't want them worrying about the whole body image thing.... mummy "goes out with friends on a Monday" also helps them realise I'm a person too....... So wish me luck.... how many calories in fingernails??

Tessa

Tessa - fingernails are a FREE food! :rotfl2: And I like the way you don't tell the girls. Ally knew I was doing Jenny Craig, but I told her it was to help me eat healthy. Because I SOOOOOO agree about the body consiousness. I think that whole thing is the reason for the skimpy clothes these days. The media promotes "sexy" way too much. You should see the skimpy bikinis that these 12 year olds wear at the pool. It's ridiculous!

Due to high costs of baggage checking, I have taken to shipping much of our baggage back. I'm sure others have posted this, but I do the following:

1. Pack as much as I can into duffle bags.
2. Have one hard suitcase. Put some 18*18*18 flattened shipping boxes in and a roll of tape. If you can find them, you could use those heavy poly shipping bags a lot of clothes sellers use. They self-seal. Use the hard suitcase for makeup and such that can't be carried on or are fragile.
3. As the trip progresses, I dump my dirty clothes (or clean, if we have done some laundry) into the boxes, one by one, as well as toys and such (after the 1-day thrill wears off). Seal each box, walk it to the business center, and ship it ground UPS (3 days for us).
4. By the last box on the last day, I throw the duffels in as well. I save small amount of toiletries, meds, and one change of clothes in my small carry-on. We check that one hard suitcase with the makeup and such.

If you really want, and I'm the only one adventurous enough in my family to do this, you can pre-ship half your clothes in those boxes a few days before. I've done this at the Mirage in Vegas. I then pack 2 changes of clothes in my carry on, to allow for a 1-day UPS delay, and when my stuff arrives I go to business services and pick it up. Since UPS now offers recall, if your trip got cancelled you could just recall your packages in transit.

our local airline charges $15 for the first and $25 for the second bag. Believe me, you can ship a lot of stuff for $40 especially when your hard suitcase burns 10+ pounds of your weight allowance. I'm so sick of schlepping suitcases through airports this is the only way to go for me.

And I would trust UPS way more than an airline. Any time. Any day.

Hey! We spent alot shipping all our souvies back to ourselves the last trip - it would have been cheaper to check an extra bag. But those prepaid boxes you can get would eliminate that problem! :thumbsup2 Thanks for the advice!

Tessa - fingernails are a FREE food! :rotfl2: And I like the way you don't tell the girls. Ally knew I was doing Jenny Craig, but I told her it was to help me eat healthy. Because I SOOOOOO agree about the body consiousness. I think that whole thing is the reason for the skimpy clothes these days. The media promotes "sexy" way too much. You should see the skimpy bikinis that these 12 year olds wear at the pool. It's ridiculous!

Thanks Kara - you always put a smile on my face :goodvibes
And I agree - the little amount of fabric some of these kids wear sometimes is shocking!! The scary bit is when you see them being "appraised" by the older men by the pool :sad2: - it does make me worry for the future with 2 girls. I reckon the Victorians had the best idea - knee and elbow length swimwear with buttons up to the neck!!!

And - :cheer2: - I lost 4 pounds!!! Which takes me past that UK milestone of 1 stone (14 pounds) . I don't know if you use stones as a weight over there?? I am working on it sooooo hard right now since I only have 2 more pounds and I go below the magic 200 pounds (again!!!!) Mind you, in the summer with salads and stir fry and grilled meat and fish, and strawberries and cherries (mmmmmmm cherries) it is not toooo hard....

Anyhow - got to go to work....
Tessa

Yea Tessa!!!!! :banana: You are doing great! And, no, the only stones we have here are.... well, I was trying to think of something witty to say, but nothing is coming to me. So..... no, we just do pounds (and not the money either!).

What are you doing to lose weight? Are you following a specific plan or just very regimented on your own? Are you working out, too? I'm so proud of you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter