Looking for Awesome Travel Agent

I submitted an e-mail to Tracy as well for our 3 day and received an e-mail she was no longer there. And when I requested a new quote her name did not come up as an option

Question for everyone, when booking a Cruise should I just do it by myself or do most people go through a travel agent? I book and plan all my Disney trips but it looks like a Cruise is a bit different.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup2

Question for everyone, when booking a Cruise should I just do it by myself or do most people go through a travel agent? I book and plan all my Disney trips but it looks like a Cruise is a bit different.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup2

I would suggest using a travel agent for a cruise. There seems to be many nuances when planning and booking a cruise than exist for a regular vacation. A good TA can use her/his knowledge and access to channels to help you. I know my TA has done things for my two cruises that I had no clue about much less how to ask. I believe your best bet is one that knows Disney cruising inside and out.

I had a great exp (and OBC) via Cruise Adventure Travel - be sure to ask for Korrine. With that said, I always will recommend anyone looking for a good deal to go to www.cruisecompete.com. This is where you'll get the BEST deal b/c different TA's compete for your business. PLUS, they don't get your info unless YOU want them to. (This is how I found Korrine.) Good luck!

I used Angela @ *******and she was so knowledgeable about the ship and helped me decide what stateroom, seating, etc. I have a friend that has used her many times for her Disney trips and has always been well taken care of. I can't wait to work with her more!!!

REMINDER FOR ALL

When naming a travel agent in your post please type out the web address so you will know if the travel agent's name is allowed on DIS. This is the only way to figure out if they are a 'filtered' out agency or an allowed agency.

Thanks for your cooperation.

p.s. There are many threads on here that discuss travel agents and their pro's/con's, please use the search function to find other threads with lots of info.

jiljill:

What is a filtered out agency and what is an allowed agency? Do you mean an agency authorized or not authorized by Disney or by this board/admins?

- Y's Dad

jiljill:

What is a filtered out agency and what is an allowed agency? Do you mean an agency authorized or not authorized by Disney or by this board/admins?

- Y's Dad

A website that is not allowed to be posted on DIS as set by the admins. If you type in the web address of a site and it comes up as ********* then it's filtered and not allowed to be mentioned on DIS. This also goes if you try to get around the filter by being creative with the name and spelling out dot or com or both when trying to post a site.

I also have to mention our travel agent Pam Schuck from www.cruisingco.com We have used her for years, and I know you can book through disney, but I give her a list of where we want to dine, and she takes care of it all. We have eaten at the castle twice, and most of you know how much time it takes to get a ressie for there.
The other great thing, is if a better rate comes up she rebooks us. She has saved us a few hundred on most of our trips.
And she answers emails immediately.
Try her, we love her!

Your post has been deleted as per DIS guidelines.

7. ADVERTISING: The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if it's determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. This includes choosing a username/signature that refers to your business. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked. Also note that we do not want the boards to be used for solicitations or for requesting referrals. Requests for advertising can be directed to Corey@wdwinfo.com for consideration.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

What makes a good travel agent?
What questions should you ask?
Why do some TA's give a higher OBC?

I am looking to do a family cruise with family coming from all over, and would like to work with a good TA, who will be able to help with arrangements.
Knowing my family they will want to be able to speak with someone from time to time, and I know so many TA are doing business via on-line only, or strongly, strongly recommend communicating with them via web. If anyone has any experience with a TA doing a coordinating a family trip please in-box me.

Thank you for your help, suggestions and input.

(I wish I could find a good TA near where I live, but most of them are not Disney savy :scared1:, well the ones I have spoken to)

I also have to mention our travel agent Pam Schuck from www.cruisingco.com We have used her for years, and I know you can book through disney, but I give her a list of where we want to dine, and she takes care of it all. We have eaten at the castle twice, and most of you know how much time it takes to get a ressie for there.
The other great thing, is if a better rate comes up she rebooks us. She has saved us a few hundred on most of our trips.
And she answers emails immediately.
Try her, we love her!

We used her to book our first (not yet sailed) cruise! She's been very helpful :thumbsup2

I've used Dorothy Bond at Dreams Unlimited a couple times (both for Disney cruises). One I've taken (and did land/sea for two families) and the other is coming up (7 night). I've found her to be very responsive and efficient.

One thing I like is anytime she was expecting to be away, I got an email telling me that IN ADVANCE!

Service has been terrific and the trip was very easy!

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter