Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there isn't one that shows individual room numbers? Or building names/numbers? I read online someone staying in House#2. This map has no specifics.
No
You won't see maps that way but the general grounds of the facility which includes room secetions, water taxi, shuttle bus, lobby, pool, etc

Just booked a solo trip for 4 nights 10/30-11/3 and got a FL Resident rate of $129. I didn't see anything for a deal with breakfast or dining credit.

This is my first fall trip that I am NOT going to Disney in ages. Haven't been to Universal for about 12 years!

Just booked a solo trip for 4 nights 10/30-11/3 and got a FL Resident rate of $129. I didn't see anything for a deal with breakfast or dining credit.

This is my first fall trip that I am NOT going to Disney in ages. Haven't been to Universal for about 12 years!
I believe you had to book with the code (when it was advertised) to get the food credit

Call UO and ask them if your booking qualifies for it

Don't remember the expiration of that promo as I deleted my email about the special some time back

I believe you had to book with the code (when it was advertised) to get the food credit

Call UO and ask them if your booking qualifies for it

Don't remember the expiration of that promo as I deleted my email about the special some time back

I just called the direct number for the hotel and that promotion ended in the middle of June. Thanks for the advice @macraven!

I just looked at the site again and SF is now not on the disclaimer
Only listing Cbay and hrh

Another of the unknowns if SF is being changed status for YouFirst program

When I call I will ask about that
So did anyone ever find out if SF qualifies for YouFirst stays and status upgrades? I booked my RPR trip using my Daily Getaways offer but I was considering staying at SF the night before (we fly into Tampa, go to BG, then drive to Orlando and need a hotel for one night)

When I booked back in Feb., a std room I was upgraded to a
pool/lagoon view. I did let them know I was a gold member.
Now I have a king suite The suite upgrade came from Sapphire Falls.

Like tricky said....

In other threads it was mentioned there about the upgrade

I did not return here to post the info as it was posted already in another thread
Figured it was open knowledge at that point

Thanks for the updates, I did a quick search but couldn't find verification on the YouFirst stuff. I went ahead and booked it for a night so we can swim or do CityWalk before walking over to RPR the next morning and getting our express passes.

Thanks for the updates, I did a quick search but couldn't find verification on the YouFirst stuff. I went ahead and booked it for a night so we can swim or do CityWalk before walking over to RPR the next morning and getting our express passes.
Yes, it counts.

we stayed 4 nights.. aug 19-22. I mentioned the lowes first card when booking. unfortunately , they were totally booked so there were no room upgrades available. after I was having numerous problems with the phone and the wake up calls. at concierge I mentioned the lowes first card again.. she was surprised I wasn't offered any of the amenities and sent me a bottle of wine.. she siad I could have gotten a free room upgrade if the resort wasn't full.

we stayed 4 nights.. aug 19-22. I mentioned the lowes first card when booking. unfortunately , they were totally booked so there were no room upgrades available. after I was having numerous problems with the phone and the wake up calls. at concierge I mentioned the lowes first card again.. she was surprised I wasn't offered any of the amenities and sent me a bottle of wine.. she siad I could have gotten a free room upgrade if the resort wasn't full.

What level are you? Sounds like gold. Wonder what amenities she was talking about. We're platinum and occasionally we'll get a little fruit bowl with an apple, orange and a couple of grapes or something.

Last edited:
My guess she is blue or gold with YouFirst

Probably a gesture that they sent the bottle of wine due to the mix ups that happened

Hotels can do that
Send a gift to the guest to smooth over issues that happened during the stay

Both levels can get free room upgrade after they check in if rooms available
Would be a booked standard room up to water view room

We are recently back from Sapphire Falls, and really enjoyed our stay there!

We actually did a bit of a split. We did two nights at SF, one at RP, and two more at SF.

Our first room was pool view in tower #2. It was on the same floor as the lobby, and was a short walk down a window filled hallway. It was close to the lobby and pool.

The second room was falls view in tower #3. Initially we were assigned the furthest room in tower#2, so we asked to be moved. We were told that as of right now, only tower #2 and #3 are open. Our tower #3 room was close to the convention wing, and the shuttle boat.

Both views were nice. We had the full tub in both rooms. With pool view, we were able to see when a storm closed the pool. With falls view, we could partially see the top of Hulk, etc.

I imagine that eventually these two towers might eventually be given a designation of 'preferred location', because the additional towers will be further away from the lobby. We saw what looked like quit a bit of additional convention/business meeting space in the construction area (towards RP).

The transportation boats were very frequent. US is doing a great job keeping them coming. When the rest of the resort opens, I predict they will become more crowded. We also walked a few times and it was only a little further than RP, so quite close. The walk to RP is also very short, so dining at either is an easy option from either hotel.

The pool is really pretty, with a very nice, smooth water slide.

Overall, the staff was VERY nice.

The Dutch Trading Company food was very good. The tomato soup and hot bar options were delicious. For just $8 the give you a good sized portion of any a la carte hot entrée (full meal was more like $15). The plantains were also quite good. the service is very good, but I imagine this also could become more crowded as the resort expands.

We supplemented our breakfast foods with a quick run to nearby Whole Foods, which is less than 10minutes away. WF has a very large selection of hot/cold bar prepared foods and ample dining tables. They have everything from shrimp/sushi to BBQ and soups.

We also tried nachos at the pool, and late night snacks at bar. The nachos were very good, if the bottom layer was rather greasy. The portion was very generous though, so we just left the bottom layer of chips. The ceviche and arepa were tasty, but they aren't kidding when they say 'tapas' sized portions. The service was tad slow, but otherwise we enjoyed it.

The only other issue we encountered is that our first room wasn't cleaned. We were out of the room almost all day - 8:30am until 9pm, except a little break from 4-5:30pm. When I mentioned at check out that our room was never cleaned, they told me it was because our room was occupied! Our second room was serviced at 5:40pm, so very late in the day. (Our WDW room was serviced before 2pm every day.)

Does anybody have a suggestion of what area of the resort to try to stay in? We have a standard view room booked and have YouFirst Blue status. Thanks!

not sure of what level we are at, but pretty sure it is the lowest level since we only do universal about every other year.

bigjon, it depends. if you will be doing hardly any pool time and mostly goin to the parks and city walk, ask to be close to the boat. we knew we would be spending a lot of time by the pool and asked to be enar the pool. eventhough we had a standard room (no pool view) we were across the all from the poll view rooms. we had a view of the dog walking area. on floor 2.. just a short walk to a pool entrance,with no elevators involved. it was great!
to get to the lobby (starks tavern, dutch rtading co.(the gran n go) we walked down the hall to the elevator and went up to floor 4.
from there we walked across the lobby to another set of elevators and down to floor 1 for Maatista and the boat dock.

Last edited:
We are recently back from Sapphire Falls, and really enjoyed our stay there!

We actually did a bit of a split. We did two nights at SF, one at RP, and two more at SF.

Our first room was pool view in tower #2. It was on the same floor as the lobby, and was a short walk down a window filled hallway. It was close to the lobby and pool.

The second room was falls view in tower #3. Initially we were assigned the furthest room in tower#2, so we asked to be moved. We were told that as of right now, only tower #2 and #3 are open. Our tower #3 room was close to the convention wing, and the shuttle boat.

Hmm...I don't remember if was called Tower 1 or House 1, but we were there the last weekend in August, and both my husband and I and our son/DIL had rooms in section 1.

Btw, we also really enjoyed our stay there. We loved the pool area, the boat service was great. There was nearly always a boat waiting. I think we waited about 5 min to head back from the parks one day. One afternoon, there was some lightning, so we had to take a bus back; one was just leaving as we walked up, but within a couple of minutes another had pulled up.

My husband I stayed at RPR our first time to Universal, and I think it would always be our first choice. We loved walking to the parks and Express Pass, but we really did enjoy Sapphire Falls a lot.

They are sectioned into houses. I picked up a resort map from the front desk. It is printed much smaller than CB and it isn't as detailed, I had to ask where the DSA were as they aren't on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter