• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone here know that Sapphire falls is not a qualifying stay for YouFirst points? I did not. We stayed 5 nights at Portofino and then 3 nights at Sapphire Falls and only Portofino gave me credit.

I knew that Hard Rock and Cabana Bay didn't but wasn't sure about Sapphire Falls. What kind of rate did you get? Is there a chance that it was your rate that wasn't eligible for credit? Did you book through Universal/Loews?

I just looked at the site again and SF is now not on the disclaimer
Only listing Cbay and hrh

Another of the unknowns if SF is being changed status for YouFirst program

When I call I will ask about that

It does qualify unless they changed the policy the last couple of days.

Last edited:
Did they change ? I received credit for my CB stay last year
Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Orlando, FL

View Website
Phone : 407-503-4000
Arrival : Sep 23, 2015 Departure: Sep 28, 2015
Total Nights: 5
Adults: 2 Children: 0
Qualifying Stay: Yes

Did they change ? I received credit for my CB stay last year
Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Orlando, FL

View Website
Phone : 407-503-4000
Arrival : Sep 23, 2015 Departure: Sep 28, 2015
Total Nights: 5
Adults: 2 Children: 0
Qualifying Stay: Yes

People have reported qualifying stays at Hard Rock as well. It seems that you just can't use the status at those resorts.

Their website, as far as status is concerned, is terrible. I looked the other day and finally was shown as platinum. I called the hotels and youfirst. Everyone I talked told me RPR, PBR and SF are the only ones that qualify. CB is a universal hotel but managed by Loews. HRH is also still managed by loews. This is all according to 3 people I talked to. Each one told me the same thing. Just reporting what I was told so no flaming!

So, I just called youfirst again. CB and HRH do not get credits. However, I was told sometimes the computer doesn't know what the code is that's entered as to which property it's for. You may get credit, you may not. Not supposed to get credit but, it may happen.

I'd love to hear any updates on the boat situation. I had heard some rumblings that they weren't very efficient when SF first opened. Have them gotten better? Also, I saw somewhere that they also have buses. Is this true?

I'd love to hear any updates on the boat situation. I had heard some rumblings that they weren't very efficient when SF first opened. Have them gotten better? Also, I saw somewhere that they also have buses. Is this true?

All of the onsite hotels have a shuttle service. Though, all the reviews I've read have said good things about the boats. Though I haven't read any recently.

I stayed here from 7/23-7/25 and had no problem with the boats. Most times there was either a boat waiting or one arrived within a few minutes. One night leaving the parks we waited maybe 10-15 minutes because there were a lot of people in line. We also walked twice - the walk was very manageable but HOT this time of year. During cooler months I would have walked most times.

I haven't read a single negative thing about the boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter