Loews Card ?

Hi
Just a quick question- I hope this is the correct forum

-Next August I am staying for 6 nights @ the Regency Lowes hotel in Newyork - I booked this via the Disney vacation club and am using my points to stay.

Would it be benefical for me to obtain a card before I stay?

I live in the UK would this be a problem?

Thankyou

That looks like a swanky hotel!! I might look at staying there on points too.

But I think bubba is right, stays on DVC points wont qualify for a Loews You First stay.

Congrats...but you might have to check in to a Loews hotel (1 night minimum) sometime before Dec. 31, 2008 to maintain that Gold status for '09. If not, you might be dropped to Blue status.

Earlier this week I got an e-mail from Loew's saying that my current status (gold) was going to be maintained through 2009., even though previously they had sent me something that said it was in jeopardy. Anyone else?

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw the other thread. Sorry!

I am Platinum and got it extended by the one more night in 2008. I have never booked using a Supersaver Rate (only used AAA). Does Supersaver Rates get you the You First Benefits also?

I am Platinum and got it extended by the one more night in 2008. I have never booked using a Supersaver Rate (only used AAA). Does Supersaver Rates get you the You First Benefits also?

yes, SS is a qualifying rate for loews

Earlier this week I got an e-mail from Loew's saying that my current status (gold) was going to be maintained through 2009., even though previously they had sent me something that said it was in jeopardy. Anyone else?

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw the other thread. Sorry!

I also received the same e-mail stating the gold stats will continue through 2009. I. Was going to call and ask them to match my gold status with Hilton Honors so I was't worried

I did not have a stay in 2008 but when I logged into my account on the Lowes site, it still states I'm a Platinum member. I'm hoping that this really is true. My DH has a conference in May at the RP that I might go to. I know they don’t have too since we are getting a ‘conference’ rate, but I hope we'll get upgraded and get our member benefits. Anyone have a guess on the likelihood of this? Also, at the RP, the room upgrade is to a King suite right?

Thanks!

Thats correct upgrade to a King suite.
Cannot say what the chances are of getting it.
Everyone as far as i know kept their account membership through to 2009, although you will need the appropiate stays this year to remain at it.

loews sent out an email to all members and gave them a "gift" to allow all to stay one more year on their present status level.

yes at rph the upgrade on plat is king suite.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the King suite upgrade. Since the status is carried to this year, I'll have to re-evaluate our vacation plans... A suite upgrade is sweet and I don't think I can make Plat again anytime soon.

It appears that you no longer get any benefits when staying at HRH. Is this true? or am I reading the website incorrectly. I wondered why I couldn't put in my Loews number when making a reservation, though the box is available on the PBR and RPR. So am I outta luck for benefits if we stay at HRH?

And to piggyback N2mm's question,

if you stay at HRH, will that count towards moving your status from blue towards gold even if you dont get any Lowes first benifits?

And to piggyback N2mm's question,

if you stay at HRH, will that count towards moving your status from blue towards gold even if you dont get any Lowes first benifits?

No. Hard Rock Hotel does not participate. You don't get any of the Loews benefits or status points. But you do still get all the other great perks like unlimited express line access. For people who are only going to stay at the Loews hotels once a year, it probably doesn't matter.

HRH pulled out of the Loews membership program last summer.

it states that on the hotel website that HRH does not participate in the program.

HRH pulling out of the Loews Program is part of the reason we are so happy we made the jump over to Royal Pacific!! What a lovely resort with a fab pool.

Of course since Loews dropped the House Of Blues Hotel here in Chicago, we cant keep even the gold status anymore and prefer the cheaper AP or Super Saver rates over the small perks.

laura, i received a special from loews for the chgo one.

i'll have to see if i still have it
hopefully it didn't go into file 13 already.

Thanks for the info!

The kids are so excited about staying at the hardrock, I cant change hotels on them. I showed them pictures!

Next time we will do the Royal or Portofino Bay I guess -- I just hoped to be a gold member when we stayed there - darn!

Very happy to report that the current specials being offered were finally available for RPH today for the time frame we are going (this past week they were not) so instead of the conference rate of $204, we booked for $159.68 a night and got the King Suite upgrade with my Plat level :cool1:. We have to stay another night (big hardship I know :rotfl:) to meet the 5 night minimum. Actually, the airfare will also be cheaper for us to leave the night before... yippeeee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter